Não é mais possível fazer postagens ou usar assinaturas novas da Usenet nos Grupos do Google. O conteúdo histórico continua disponível.

Two Pound Diet Approach Update

0 visualização
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2003, 12:45:0721/03/2003
para
Thanks everyone for the feedback via USENET, email, and my web site
regarding the successes with this approach
(http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp).

I would encourage folks to continue to update me on their "permanence"
with this approach. It is looking like we should be able to report an
extraordinarily high rate of success at *permanent* weight loss with
this approach (http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtlossfaqs.asp) now that we are
about to have 5 years of follow-up for some people.

Peace,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Atlanta Cardiologist

Shanna

não lida,
22 de mar. de 2003, 02:42:1422/03/2003
para
Wow-this sounds like a cool thing.
I'm only about 20 pounds over since I had a baby, but I can't get it to go
away. (and the baby just turned five)

Portion control is key!
Thanks!
Shanna
"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <and...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

não lida,
24 de mar. de 2003, 14:06:4824/03/2003
para
Jim Chinnis wrote:

> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <and...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in part:

> >It is looking like we should be able to report an
> >extraordinarily high rate of success at *permanent* weight loss with
> >this approach (http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtlossfaqs.asp) now that we are
> >about to have 5 years of follow-up for some people.
>

> Unlikely, unless you have an unbiased sample of some sort. "Rate" of success
> implies that you compare successes with the TOTAL treated. It appears that you
> don't know the latter.

The comparison will be with folks choosing not to use the Two Pound approach.

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

não lida,
24 de mar. de 2003, 14:09:1024/03/2003
para
Shanna wrote:

> Wow-this sounds like a cool thing.
> I'm only about 20 pounds over since I had a baby, but I can't get it to go
> away. (and the baby just turned five)
>
> Portion control is key!

Yep :-)

A mensagem foi excluída

Lark84321

não lida,
25 de mar. de 2003, 10:20:5025/03/2003
para
Hello Dr. Chung,
I did print the instructions for diabetics for your 2lb diet but I don't take
insulin. I take 2,000 mg of glucophage daily. Do I take away 500mg at a time as
you do with insulin or how would that go? I have 1,000mg pills that can be
broken in 2.
Thanks ahead of time! Jenny

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

não lida,
25 de mar. de 2003, 17:15:4425/03/2003
para
Zee wrote:

> Dr. Chung I don't think a weight loss of 5 pounds or more a week is
> healthy for anyone.

Losing 5 lbs a week is not the goal.

> Registered dieticians and nutritionists say 1-2
> (one-two) pounds a week is the maximu a person should lose, or the
> person is losing weight too fast, will not get all the nutrients they
> need and be set up for a rebound effect.

The amount of nutrients a person gets depends on the actual intake and not on the weight loss. If someone is eating 2
pounds of typical foodstuffs per day, it is unlikely there are any deficiencies in vitamin or mineral intake. If you
are concerned about even a remote possibility, I am sure most dieticians and nutritionists would agree that a daily
multi-vitamin will make it an impossibility.

> If you consider, 5-7 fruits and vegetables which is the minimum
> recommended a day for a healthy diet, that alone would outweigh your 2
> lb allowance.

It would and it would be excessive if you want to achieve ideal body weight.

> My oat bran, 2/3 cup cooked, weight 6 ounces, my sweet
> potato 4 ounces---you get my point. Then there's my 3-4 ounces of
> grilled salmon........
>
> Am I missing something?

the point.

A mensagem foi excluída

Carol Frilegh

não lida,
27 de jul. de 2003, 19:53:2527/07/2003
para
In article <bfoacl$49r$1...@scotsman.ed.ac.uk>, Chris Malcolm
<c...@holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> zwal...@yahoo.com (Zee) writes:
>
> >If you consider, 5-7 fruits and vegetables which is the minimum
> >recommended a day for a healthy diet, that alone would outweigh your 2

> >lb allowance. My oat bran, 2/3 cup cooked, weight 6 ounces, my sweet

> >potato 4 ounces---you get my point. Then there's my 3-4 ounces of
> >grilled salmon........
>
> >Am I missing something?
>

> Common sense. If it's beyond the scope of your intellect to work
> out how to take whatever you consider to be your healthy diet, and
> rescale it to 2lbs a day without nutritional loss, then the diet is
> too complicated for you.

Today I had strawberries, nectarine, pineapple, melon, grapes and mango
but in small amounts on the TPD. I also had meat, cheese, nuts, tomato
juice, chicken, spinach, yogurt, honey and salad dressing and you
didn't need a magnifying glass to see the food--all 32 ounces of it.
Does it make less sense than not counting calories but having bacon,
sausage, cheese, butter and whipped cream in no special amounts? (not
attacking low carb, just making an analogy)

Here's how it went;
Breakfast: 1 egg, tomato sauce made from tomato juice, coffee
Lunch: Spinach salad, with parmesan cheese, red onion, mushrooms,
a dill-mayo homemade dressing, nectarine
Snack: almonds and selections from fresh fruit platter
Dinner: Lasagna made with ground turkey, tomato sauce, zucchini,
Parmesan cheese, more tomato sauce, pressed cottage cheese
Snack, yogurt, honey, strawberries

Total 32 ounces

It's amazing. People question that a man was really ever on the moon
because they personally were never on the voyage, but they rant for
months against a diet they haven't tried and displace their irritation
on the individuals who proposed and support it and tried it instead.

--
Diva
*************

Glenn A. Miller

não lida,
27 de jul. de 2003, 20:29:2527/07/2003
para
On 7/27/03 7:53 PM, in article 270720031953257068%c...@sympatico.ca, "Carol
Frilegh" <c...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> coffee

Ah. Coffee. I'd kill for a cup that tasted good. Since my MIDCAB and
following complications, I can't stand it. (A 6 cup a day person since
birth). Taste perversion? Is that what they call it?

Carol Frilegh

não lida,
27 de jul. de 2003, 22:00:4427/07/2003
para
In article <BB49E6A5.553A%glenn....@courdejeu.com>, Glenn A. Miller
<glenn....@courdejeu.com> wrote:

I use organic coffee, dilute it half and half with water and that's my
:"tacking" for the day. That 1/2 cup puts me in orbit. If I drink
coffee after noon I'm dancing on the ceiling at 3:00 a.m.

0 nova mensagem