Healthy Heart: The miracle of living right with GOD.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Nov 2, 2006, 7:26:37 AM11/2/06
GOD's miracles are all around us if we choose to perceive that which we
see.

Here is a recent personal example:

C.T. turned 94 years old yesterday, which was Wednesday, 11/1/2006.

We threw a birthday party for him at a local coffee shop:

http://www.LilliansSitNSip.com

"GOD has blessed me with so much that I am ashamed to ask HIM for
anything more." -- C.T.

Indeed, GOD has... as the 40+ attendees would testify.

The candles on the cake read 94 and burned brightly until C.T. blew
them out with a strong breath.

Everyone marvelled at how C.T. does not need to take any prescription
medications unlike most of the other attendees, many with either
hypertension, dyslipidemia, diabetes, cardiovascular disease or a
combination thereof.

One attendee recalls that when C.T. is asked why he has not finished
eating everything on his plate, he typically replies "My eyes are
always bigger than my stomach."

C.T. stops eating before he is full.

Consequently, at 94 years old, C.T. is leaner and trimmer than almost
all the other attendees (except for yours truly of course :-).

One attendee asked, "Do you take any medications, C.T. ?"

"Only a baby aspirin when I remember to take it, but I often forget to
take it though." -- C.T.

I nodded approvingly.

Another attendee asked me, "Is it OK for C.T. to eat that piece of red
velvet birthday cake ?"

I replied, "It is not what you eat but how much you eat that can hurt
you."

How did C.T. learn and retain this fact while others have been
oblivious to it to their detriment ?

Here's his story:

C.T. served two years in the engineering B division on the amazing USS
Texas BB35 dreadnought class Battleship from 1944 to 1945:

http://www.usstexasbb35.com/

This is the only dreadnought Battleship that still exists in the world
today. It is the only Battleship to have fought in both World Wars.

When C.T. was aboard the USS Texas, the Battleship was sent to Normandy
with the expectation that this large DreadNought, with ten 14 inch
guns, a crew of about 2000 sailors, would be targeted by the Nazis to
be destroyed early once the shelling of D-Day started. A converted
coal-burner, the USS Texas did not have the speed to evade torpedoes
much less artillary fire.

Indeed, on D-day, the USS Texas with its ten 14 inch guns ablazing
shelled the Nazis so extensively that it wore out some of its guns and
so the U.S. troops landing on Omaha beach met with little resistance
from the shell-shocked Nazis.

The Nazis did try to destroy the USS Texas and were given plenty of
opportunity.

"We were sent in as a decoy to draw fire from the enemy." -- C.T.

Indeed, all accounts are that the USS Texas with its crew of about 2000
was sent to Normandy without the expecation that the Battleship would
return.

"Our captain decided that after cruising by the coast the first time
without damage to the ship that we did not do enough so we went back
again and that was when we were hit." -- C.T.

Indeed, the Battleship was hit **twice**. One large shell buried
itself into the side of the USS Texas but did not explode. Another
smaller shell found its mark on the bridge of the ship killing one
sailor (the only death that has ever happened in the 92 yr history of
the USS Texas).

All the pictures of the USS Texas during D-Day show there was a
maelstrom of exploding Nazi shells all around the Battleship as if she
were protected by some kind of force field. In hindsight, this was
GOD's armor. Laus Deo ! ! !

One attendee asked, "Which was tougher for the USS Texas, fighting the
Nazis or fighting the Japanese ?"

"It was harder fighting the Japanese. They had their Kamikaze pilots
coming at us from all directions. They were dressed in red silk ready
to die." -- C.T.

No Kamikaze pilot was ever successful in damaging the USS Texas ! ! !

That was most assuredly, without doubt, GOD's armor.

So, how did C.T. learn the value of staying lean and trim on this
blessed DreadNought in the midst of exploding Nazi shells and Japanese
Kamikaze pilots ?

"The E Division, which was in charge of the engines, needed someone to
crawl to the back of the engines to do some maintenance. I was the
only one on the ship who was able to crawl through the narrow spaces to
do this." -- C.T.

One attendee upon hearing this opined that the designers of the
Battleship must have messed up.

It is in our shortcomings that GOD's infinite strength and wisdom is
perfected and perceived.

Laus Deo ! ! !

"The way to GOD is straight and narrow." -- Holy Spirit

Amen !

"I am the way, the truth, and the life..." -- LORD Jesus Christ

Amen ! Laus Deo ! ! Marana tha ! ! ! ! ! ! !

May this true story serve to inspire all who read it.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA

As for knowing who are the very elect, these you will know by the
unconditional love they have for everyone including their enemies
(Matthew 5:44-45, 1 Corinthians 13:3, James 2:14-17).
http://HeartMDPhD.com/Love

Bill M

Nov 2, 2006, 9:54:13 AM11/2/06

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@thetruth.com> wrote in message

> GOD's miracles are all around us if we choose to perceive that which we
> see.

And your all loving god created this!!!

Why does this all powerful creator, all loving and caring intelligent
designer, create Plagues, Tsunamis, Tornadoes, Volcanic Eruptions, Floods,
Wars, Earth Quakes, Cancers and hundreds of debilitating diseases and
serious body malfunctions? There are 12,000 known diseases that affect and
punish mankind indiscriminately. Why does he permit millions of both young
and old to starve to death or die of miserable diseases? Why punish millions
of INNOCENT CHILDREN in this horrible way?

Why does this all powerful and caring god permit totally "innocent children"
to die at birth? Or worse, be born lacking eyesight, a fully developed
brain, deaf and dumb, missing limbs etc.? Why are some born idiots and
others with super intelligence? Why are some born into wealth and others
pauper poor? Why are his human creations designed to deteriorate into a
miserable and devastating old age regardless of their religious affiliation?

God supposedly created the world like it is to punish man for Adam and Eve's
'original sin'. Why does he also punish supposedly innocent animals with
thousands of diseases, birth defects, starvation and to be eaten alive by
other animals?

Why did this all powerful and loving creator create things like sharks,
jelly fish, octopus, lions, tigers, rhinoceros, Wolves, poisonous snakes,
stinging and poisonous insects, poisonous plants etc.? Why did this caring
benevolent god create animals (including man) that need to painfully kill
and eat other animals to survive?

Jbuch

Nov 2, 2006, 10:11:58 AM11/2/06
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> GOD's miracles are all around us if we choose to perceive that which we
> see.
>
> Here is a recent personal example:
><SNIP> 200 lines of insincer drivel

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Nov 2, 2006, 8:28:41 PM11/2/06
Bill M wrote:

> > GOD's miracles are all around us if we choose to perceive that which we
> > see.
>
> <snip by Bill in an act of cowardice>

Link to text here:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/352546a7bf4a81ee?

> And your all loving god created this!!!

Yes. Through LORD Jesus Christ, all things have been, is being, and
will be created.

> Why does this all powerful creator, all loving and caring intelligent
> designer, create Plagues, Tsunamis, Tornadoes, Volcanic Eruptions, Floods,
> Wars, Earth Quakes, Cancers and hundreds of debilitating diseases and
> serious body malfunctions?

These things justify the need for new heaven, new earth, and a new
Jerusalem.

> There are 12,000 known diseases that affect and
> punish mankind indiscriminately. Why does he permit millions of both young
> and old to starve to death or die of miserable diseases? Why punish millions
> of INNOCENT CHILDREN in this horrible way?

Life on this planet is simply a "blink of an eye." The reward for the
children is eternal life.

> Why does this all powerful and caring god permit totally "innocent children"
> to die at birth? Or worse, be born lacking eyesight, a fully developed
> brain, deaf and dumb, missing limbs etc.? Why are some born idiots and
> others with super intelligence? Why are some born into wealth and others
> pauper poor? Why are his human creations designed to deteriorate into a
> miserable and devastating old age regardless of their religious affiliation?

See above.

> God supposedly created the world like it is to punish man for Adam and Eve's
> 'original sin'. Why does he also punish supposedly innocent animals with
> thousands of diseases, birth defects, starvation and to be eaten alive by
> other animals?

See above.

> Why did this all powerful and loving creator create things like sharks,
> jelly fish, octopus, lions, tigers, rhinoceros, Wolves, poisonous snakes,
> stinging and poisonous insects, poisonous plants etc.? Why did this caring
> benevolent god create animals (including man) that need to painfully kill
> and eat other animals to survive?

See above.

May GOD continue to help you with your needs, dear neighbor Bill whom I
love unconditionally.