JSH: The Simple Lie

JSH

May 4, 2009, 9:00:58 PM5/4/09
The fact that with integers x^2 - Dy^2 = 1, can always be solved by
integer solutions to j^2 - Dk^2 = -1, using x = 2j^2 + 1, is just a
mathematical reality.

The belief that modern mathematicians give a damn about their field
and value knowledge over basic human politics is a simple lie.

So I can show 9^2 - 5*4^2 = 1, is given by x = 2*2^2 + 1, as 2^2 -
5*1^2 = -1, but you can ignore that because you wish.

And modern mathematicians who pathetically don't give a damn about
anything but their grants so they can pay their mortgages I guess, can
get away with a simple lie.

Check online sources on Pell's Equation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pell's_equation

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/PellEquation.html

See if you can see something so simple mentioned. I selected that
result as it reduces to saying that given an integer solution to the
equation often called the negative Pell's Equation you ALWAYS have a
solution to Pell's Equation in integers.

Always.

A mathematical absolute.

Now that result probably was known to Fermat and Euler but
incompetence entered the math field in the late 1800's and it kind of
slipped through the cracks.

But if modern mathematicians were what they claim to be, so what?
They'd just kind of laugh it off, note the obvious result and give me
credit...oh.

Now you see where it's politics.

Can you imagine physicists stopping with a result in an area with two
thousand years of research interest to prevent one man from getting
credit?

Why do you admire mathematicians so much? When they lie to you in
return?

Maybe some of you need to value yourselves and your knowledge better
as that is nothing compared to the bigger lies that cover Galois
Theory and shift what you think you know about Group Theory.

Your loss is just about history. When humanity adjusts and corrects,
and much of your research is tossed on the heap, students later may
read about you in a paragraph and imagine there is no way they could
have been like you.

But you are you. History is waiting to happen. The destruction of
your research is today.

James Harris

Gib Bogle

May 4, 2009, 9:27:24 PM5/4/09
JSH wrote:

> But you are you. History is waiting to happen. The destruction of
> your research is today.

Tomorrow was new yesterday.

Enrico

May 4, 2009, 10:06:28 PM5/4/09

> The fact that with integers x^2 - Dy^2 = 1, can always be solved by
> integer solutions to j^2 - Dk^2 = -1, using x = 2j^2 + 1, is just a
> mathematical reality.

Nope. Your forgot a constraint you had before.
j^2 - Dk^2 = -1 has no integer solutions for D = 7 or 19

Enrico

Rupert

May 4, 2009, 10:10:29 PM5/4/09
On May 5, 9:00 am, JSH <jst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The fact that with integers x^2 - Dy^2 = 1, can always be solved by
> integer solutions to j^2 - Dk^2 = -1, using x = 2j^2 + 1, is just a
> mathematical reality.

Can you state the theorem more precisely?

Samsky

May 4, 2009, 11:00:01 PM5/4/09

"Enrico" <unger...@aol.com> wrote in message

On May 4, 7:00 pm, JSH <jst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The fact that with integers x^2 - Dy^2 = 1, can always be solved by
> integer solutions to j^2 - Dk^2 = -1, using x = 2j^2 + 1, is just a
> mathematical reality.

Nope. Your forgot a constraint you had before.

j^2 - Dk^2 = -1 has no integer solutions for D = 7 or 19

Enrico

JSH => an error in EVERY Post

Jens Stueckelberger

May 5, 2009, 9:21:47 AM5/5/09
On Mon, 04 May 2009 18:00:58 -0700, JSH wrote:

> [More inane crap.]

That's a very good description of yourself.

habitoid

May 5, 2009, 11:07:22 AM5/5/09

"JSH" <jst...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> The fact that with integers x^2 - Dy^2 = 1, can always be solved by
> integer solutions to j^2 - Dk^2 = -1, using x = 2j^2 + 1, is just a
> mathematical reality.

let's see,

5 unknowns, 3 equations

(mean anything?)

> But you are you. History is waiting to happen. The destruction of
> your research is today.

History has passed you by JSH,
all because you were so stoned shitless in your High School Algebra classes.

> James Harris

Arturo Magidin

May 5, 2009, 11:46:20 AM5/5/09
On May 5, 10:07 am, "habitoid" <inva...@invalid.com> wrote:

> > The fact that with integers x^2 - Dy^2 = 1, can always be solved by
> > integer solutions to j^2 - Dk^2 = -1, using x = 2j^2 + 1, is just a
> > mathematical reality.
>
> let's see,
>
>          5 unknowns,  3 equations
>
> (mean anything?)

Are you trying to insinuate that any system of equations that is
undertermined will have integer solutions?

Or even that any system of equations that is underdetermined will have
solutions?

Really?

--
Arturo Magidin

habitoid

May 5, 2009, 12:26:12 PM5/5/09

"Arturo Magidin" <mag...@member.ams.org> wrote in message

Really?

--
Arturo Magidin

"any system of equations" and "underdetermined" is just "open"

But extend 5 unknowns, 3 equations => 10 unknowns and 4 equations, or => 15
unknowns and 2 sets of equations (5 total) with nothing in common.
The idea here is underscore JSH obscurification by throwing in more
varables. One time he was up to 15 unknowns in one post.

Haword

May 5, 2009, 1:40:01 PM5/5/09

"Samsky" <inv...@invalid.com> wrote in message

Pix of JSH posting in newsproup;

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/09/DogPoop.jpg

Arturo Magidin

May 5, 2009, 2:12:26 PM5/5/09
On May 5, 11:26 am, "habitoid" <inva...@invalid.com> wrote:
> "Arturo Magidin" <magi...@member.ams.org> wrote in message

> On May 5, 10:07 am, "habitoid" <inva...@invalid.com> wrote:
>
> > > The fact that with integers x^2 - Dy^2 = 1, can always be solved by
> > > integer solutions to j^2 - Dk^2 = -1, using x = 2j^2 + 1, is just a
> > > mathematical reality.
>
> > let's see,
>
> > 5 unknowns, 3 equations
>
> > (mean anything?)
>
> Are you trying to insinuate that any system of equations that is
> undertermined will have integer solutions?
>
> Or even that any system of equations that is underdetermined will have
> solutions?
>
> Really?
>
> --
> Arturo Magidin
>

> "any system of equations" and "underdetermined" is  just "open"
>
> But extend 5 unknowns, 3 equations => 10 unknowns and 4 equations, or => 15
> unknowns and 2 sets of equations (5 total) with nothing in common.

You still don't get it. Diophantine problems may have no solutions,
even when there are far more unknowns than equations, even if the
equations have "nothing in common".

25x + 15y + 35z = 7

is one equation with three unknowns, but has no integer solutions,
even though it is underdetermined.

Looks, there is plenty real to criticize in certain assertions. No
need to go off and make equally naive assertions in reply.

> The idea here is underscore JSH obscurification by throwing in more
> varables.  One time he was up to 15 unknowns in one post.

That's a different issue altogether. Your insinuation here, however,
is off the mark.

--
Arturo Magidin

Lits O'Hate

May 5, 2009, 4:57:32 PM5/5/09
Hey James, how come you're still using Mozilla as your web
browser?

Didn't you stop using all open source software?

--
"In the past I regularly used open source software and, of
course, have my own open source software Class Viewer, but

fishfry

May 5, 2009, 11:32:04 PM5/5/09
Hey James if this newsgroup is full of lies, does that make it a Lie
group?

jpkarl

May 5, 2009, 11:50:51 PM5/5/09
On May 5, 10:32 pm, fishfry <BLOCKSPAMfish...@your-mailbox.com> wrote:
> Hey James if this newsgroup is full of lies, does that make it a Lie
> group?

Shhh! He has no idea what a Lie group is.

José Carlos Santos

May 6, 2009, 2:29:07 AM5/6/09
On 06-05-2009 4:50, jpkarl wrote:

>> Hey James if this newsgroup is full of lies, does that make it a Lie
>> group?
>
> Shhh! He has no idea what a Lie group is.

Or just what a group is, for that matter:

http://mathforum.org/kb/plaintext.jspa?messageID=6673289

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos

W. Dale Hall

May 6, 2009, 2:32:43 AM5/6/09
fishfry wrote:
> Hey James if this newsgroup is full of lies, does that make it a Lie
> group?

A simple Lie group, didn't you read the subject line?

Michael Press

May 6, 2009, 7:57:11 PM5/6/09
In article
<c043aa9a-1dde-43d2...@v23g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
JSH <jst...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Guys, Harris posts _one_ message, no follow ups, and gets up
to twenty replies.

--
Michael Press

banana...@aol.com

May 6, 2009, 8:23:50 PM5/6/09
On May 6, 6:57 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <c043aa9a-1dde-43d2-8ae7-07d153dc1...@v23g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,

>  JSH <jst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> Guys, Harris posts _one_ message, no follow ups, and gets up
> to twenty replies.

Not enough? Well, here's another:

it would not be accepted for formal peer review,
even if you can ignore that because you wish.

And modern mathematicians who pathetically don't
give a damn about anything but their grants so
they can pay their mortgages I guess, can get away

with a banana.

Here, you take this.

Now it's quite simple to defend yourself against
a man armed with a simple lie. So I can show
9^2 - 5*4^2 = 1, is just about history.

When humanity adjusts and corrects, and much of
your research is tossed on the heap, students later

may read about you in prison, other inmates stick
bananas up your butt.

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Who was the first carpenter? Eve. She made Adam's
banana stand and that she made Adam's banana stand,
and for that matter how a banana can stand in the
Annals is strictly greater (yes ">" not ">=") than
that of the distribution hassles that would entail.

We are sorry to let you know about Group Theory.

Your loss is just about history. When humanity adjusts
and corrects, and much of your research is tossed
on the heap, students later may read about you in
return?

Maybe some of you need to value yourselves and your
knowledge better as that is nothing compared to the
bigger lies that cover Galois Theory and shift what
you think you know about Group Theory.

Your loss is just about history. When humanity adjusts

and corrects, and much of your research is today.

Right, bananas.

How to defend yourself against the banana fiend.
First of all, you force him to drop the banana,
thus disarming him.

You shot him. He's dead. He's completely dead.

I have now rendered him helpless.

Supposing he's got a pointed stick.

Shut up. Now, I eat the banana, thus disarming him.
You have now eaten the banana. The deceased, Mr Apricot,
is now 'elpless.

You shot him. You have now rendered him helpless.

Supposing he's got a bunch.

Shut up.

Now attack me with a simple lie.

So I can show
9^2 - 5*4^2 = 1, is given by x = 2j^2 +1,
as 2^2 - 5*1^2 = -1, using x = 2j^2 + 1,
as 2^2 - 5*1^2 = -1, using x = 2*2^2 + 1,
is just about history.

When humanity adjusts and corrects, and much of

your research is today.

Right, bananas. How to defend yourself against
the banana in the first place.

Work all night on a drink a'rum.

> --
> Michael Press

Carlos

May 7, 2009, 12:47:35 PM5/7/09

"Michael Press" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

That is why JSH does this stuff.

Score is total # of responces.

How do you craft a post that will get the largest number of responces ?

He is an expert in it.

Try it some time, it is very hard.

Lits O'Hate

May 7, 2009, 3:22:37 PM5/7/09
On May 6, 7:57 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> Guys, Harris posts _one_ message, no follow ups, and gets up
> to twenty replies.

Including yours.

Michael Press

May 11, 2009, 5:44:48 AM5/11/09
In article
<6f8584a9-697d-4254...@21g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,

Not mine: not a reply to James Harris.

--
Michael Press

Mensanator

May 11, 2009, 12:56:25 PM5/11/09
On May 11, 4:44 am, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <6f8584a9-697d-4254-a3db-7a375df96...@21g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,

>  "Lits O'Hate" <litsoh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 6, 7:57 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > > Guys, Harris posts _one_ message, no follow ups, and gets up
> > > to twenty replies.
>
> > Including yours.
>
> Not mine: not a reply to James Harris.

I'm sure the trolls take that into consideration when they
compute the reply tally.

> --
> Michael Press

Lits O'Hate

May 11, 2009, 5:57:31 PM5/11/09
On May 11, 5:44 am, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <6f8584a9-697d-4254-a3db-7a375df96...@21g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,
>  "Lits O'Hate" <litsoh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 6, 7:57 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > > Guys, Harris posts _one_ message, no follow ups, and gets up
> > > to twenty replies.
>
> > Including yours.
>
> Not mine: not a reply to James Harris.

Yes, it was.

Here's the References header from your article:

That's the Message-ID of James's article.

Michael Press

May 12, 2009, 12:47:26 AM5/12/09
In article
<aa38ca7b-0432-4904...@z19g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>,

"Lits O'Hate" <lits...@yahoo.com> wrote:

It is not a reply to James Harris, just as this is not.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press

May 12, 2009, 1:04:15 AM5/12/09
In article
<5453e2ae-f875-416b...@x6g2000vbg.googlegroups.com>,
Mensanator <mensa...@aol.com> wrote:

That is the troll's problem, not mine. It is their own
moribund lives at stake. Imagine trying to live on
what others throw away; to be dependent on others
for scraps: beggars.

--
Michael Press

Lits O'Hate

May 12, 2009, 3:06:00 PM5/12/09
On May 11, 5:44 am, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <6f8584a9-697d-4254-a3db-7a375df96...@21g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,
>  "Lits O'Hate" <litsoh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 6, 7:57 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > > Guys, Harris posts _one_ message, no follow ups, and gets up
> > > to twenty replies.
>
> > Including yours.
>
> Not mine: not a reply to James Harris.

That's technically true. A "reply" is an e-mail message to the
poster of a Usenet article.

However, your article was a followup to James's article. In
MT-NewsWatcher, you clicked on "Followup to Newsgroup" while
reading James's article.

Now, maybe you were really complaining about people sending
e-mail replies to James's articles but I doubt that's the
case.

Clearly you were complaining about people posting followups
to his articles, which is exactly what your article was.

By the way, you're up to four articles in this JSH thread
so far. :-)

Michael Press

May 14, 2009, 5:25:20 AM5/14/09
In article
<604d49f8-ba79-4fb8...@z19g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>,

"Lits O'Hate" <lits...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm going for the record.

--
Michael Press

Jesse F. Hughes

May 14, 2009, 8:09:23 AM5/14/09
Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> writes:

> I'm going for the record.

You're also posting replies to JSH in another thread.

Exactly what is your point? I thought that you were trying to prevent
others from feeding the troll, but perhaps not.

--
Jesse F. Hughes

"How can I miss you when you won't go away?"
-- Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks

JSH

May 15, 2009, 8:04:23 PM5/15/09
On May 4, 7:06 pm, Enrico <ungerne...@aol.com> wrote:

> On May 4, 7:00 pm, JSH <jst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > The fact that with integers x^2 - Dy^2 = 1, can always be solved by
> > integer solutions to j^2 - Dk^2 = -1, using x = 2j^2 + 1, is just a
> > mathematical reality.
>
> > The belief that modern mathematicians give a damn about their field
> > and value knowledge over basic human politics is a simple lie.
>
> > So I can show 9^2 - 5*4^2 = 1, is given by x = 2*2^2 + 1, as 2^2 -
> > 5*1^2 = -1, but you can ignore that because you wish.

> > And modern mathematicians who pathetically don't give a damn about
> > anything but their grants so they can pay their mortgages I guess, can
> > get away with a simple lie.
>
> > Check online sources on Pell's Equation:
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pell's_equation
>
> >http://mathworld.wolfram.com/PellEquation.html
>
> > See if you can see something so simple mentioned.  I selected that
> > result as it reduces to saying that given an integer solution to the
> > equation often called the negative Pell's Equation you ALWAYS have a
> > solution to Pell's Equation in integers.
>
> > Always.
>
> > A mathematical absolute.
>
> > Now that result probably was known to Fermat and Euler but
> > incompetence entered the math field in the late 1800's and it kind of
> > slipped through the cracks.
>
> > But if modern mathematicians were what they claim to be, so what?
> > They'd just kind of laugh it off, note the obvious result and give me
> > credit...oh.
>
> > Now you see where it's politics.
>
> > Can you imagine physicists stopping with a result in an area with two
> > thousand years of research interest to prevent one man from getting
> > credit?
>
> > Why do you admire mathematicians so much?  When they lie to you in

> > return?
>
> > Maybe some of you need to value yourselves and your knowledge better
> > as that is nothing compared to the bigger lies that cover Galois
> > Theory and shift what you think you know about Group Theory.
>
> > Your loss is just about history.  When humanity adjusts and corrects,
> > and much of your research is tossed on the heap, students later may
> > read about you in a paragraph and imagine there is no way they could
> > have been like you.
>
> > But you are you.  History is waiting to happen.  The destruction of
> > your research is today.
>
> > James Harris

> > The fact that with integers x^2 - Dy^2 = 1, can always be solved by
> > integer solutions to j^2 - Dk^2 = -1, using x = 2j^2 + 1, is just a
> > mathematical reality.
>
> Nope. Your forgot a constraint you had before.
> j^2 - Dk^2 = -1  has no integer solutions for D = 7 or 19
>
>                                                              Enrico

It goes the other way: if you have a solution to j^2 - Dk^2 = -1, then
necessarily you have a solution to

x^2 - Dy^2 = 1

from x = 2j^2 + 1.

Read what I said more carefully.

James Harris

Michael Press

May 17, 2009, 5:33:58 AM5/17/09
In article <87tz3no...@phiwumbda.org>,

"Jesse F. Hughes" <je...@phiwumbda.org> wrote:

> Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> writes:
>
> > I'm going for the record.
>
> You're also posting replies to JSH in another thread.
>
> Exactly what is your point? I thought that you were trying to prevent
> others from feeding the troll, but perhaps not.

Not trying to dissuade anyone from feeding the troll.
I noticed that James is posting very few messages,
none with explicit math, and they produced many replies.
Yes, I directly address James from time to time.
His blatant projection is notable.

--
Michael Press

Jesse F. Hughes

May 17, 2009, 8:52:02 AM5/17/09
Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> writes:

It's notable in the same way that particular grains of sand on the
beach are notable. For James, projection comes more easily than
breathing.

--
Jesse F. Hughes
"The Cantorians are conducting a campaign of psychological warfare