OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT CLINTON

Ken Seto

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
Dear Follow Fringe Scientists,
The following letter was sent to President Clinton and his reply was
a standard form letter. After many months of posting in the Net I
notice that there are thousands of us around. If we all write to
President Clinton the way I did, he will surely take our collective
opinion into consideration. I think the Internet is a perfect vehicle
to accomplish this task. Here's how:
1. Make a posting in this thread and address it to President Clinton
or just merely say that you support the format that I outlined in
my letter to him.
2. I will personally make copy of your posting and forwarded it to the
White House.
3. I will acculmulate the list of those who had made a posting in this

thread and this list will be available to all those who are in
this list.
4. Tell your friends to make posting in this thread and tell your
friends to tell their friends to make postings......etc.
5. This posting will appear in all intereted newsgroups.
6. For more information please e-mail me at < ken...@erinet.com> also
visit my web site <http://www.erinet.com/kenseto/book.html>.

Sincerely, Ken H. Seto

2/15/96

President Bill Clinton
White House
Washington, DC 20500

Dear President Clinton,

Enclosed please find a copy of my book entitled "Model
Mechanics: A New Interpretation of Nature." Also, enclosed is a copy
of a paper entitled "Eliminatiing The Duality Concept with New
Interpretations of Past Experiments". I will be presenting this paper
at the March meeting of APS in St. Louis. The theory of Model
Mechanics has been in existence for almost 10 years but it was never
published or reviewed by mainstream physicists. I had made dozens of
attempts to have it reviewed or published but I was totally ignored.
In those cases where there were replies the standard short answers
were that Model Mechanics was too speculative, too ambitious and that
quantum mechanics and relativity had been confirmed countless times.

I will be applying for funding from the National Science
Foundation to develop a mathematical model for Model Mechanics. I
expect that I will be getting the same short standard rejection since
all the funding requests are being reviewed by mainstream physicists.

The present funding system cuts out the ideas and concepts of
99% of the population. This is OK if only private funding is used.
Since public fund is sponsoring almost all of the mainstream research
at the various universities and institutions, these mainstream
physicists should be obligated to review some of the fringe ideas of
the population. Under the present system, the only tool available to a
fringe player is to write down his idea and concept on paper but if
the establishment refuse to review or publish it then his idea is
forever buried. I think that's when the frustration will set in.
Clearly, this is very unfair. One remedies is to modify the present
funding system as follows:
The government should set up two separate funds. One for the
mainstream group and one for the fringe group. Anybody applies for
public funding must declare that he or she is mainstream or fringe.
Once declared he or she must remain in that group for at least five
years. This also applies to the reviewers. They must also remain in
his or her declared group for at least five years. A mainstream
reviewer can only review mainstream proposals and a fringe reviewer
can only review fringe proposals. A declared reviewer can only apply
for funding from his own group.
With the above proposal, the ideas and concepts of 99% of the
population will have a chance to be heard.

The sad thing about the present system is that some of the
fringe ideas and concepts that are posted in the Internet appear to
have enormous potentials but they are being ignored by the mainstream
physicists. In the case of Model Mechanics, if it is confirmed, it
could save the government billions of dollars annually by eliminating
wasteful and pointless government sponsored research projects.
President Clinton, I am writing to appeal to you to put a stop to this
abuse of power by the mainstream physicists and to initiate a program
that utilizes the ideas and concepts of all our citizens.

Sincerely,

Ken H. Seto