An exact 1-D limit challenge - 13

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jun 12, 2005, 4:27:26 PM6/12/05
Hello,

Is there a person who can calculate using any computer algebra
system the exact value of the following limits

--------------------------- Limit # 1 ---------------------------

limit(z^2 *

int(int(1/(x*y*(x^z+y^z)), x= 1..infinity), y= 1..infinity),

z= infinity);

--------------------------- Limit # 2 ---------------------------

limit(z^2 *

int(int(1/(x^2*y^2*(x^z+y^z)), x= 1..infinity), y= 1..infinity),

z= infinity);

--------------------------- Limit # 3 ---------------------------

limit(z^2 *

int(int(1/(x^z*y^z*(x^z+y^z)), x= 1..infinity), y= 1..infinity),

z= infinity); ( wow! ;)

The other day I was quite surprised to find that... well, I'd
better hold my tongue for a while :)

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Man+machine review of Maple crisis: 1993-2004
http://maple.bug-list.org/MapleCrisis-Review-01.pdf

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
Cyber Tester, LLC
13 Dekabristov Str, Simferopol
Crimea 95000, Ukraine

tel: +38-(0652)-447325
tel: +38-(0652)-230243
tel: +38-(0652)-523144
fax: +38-(0652)-510700

http://www.cybertester.com/
http://maple.bug-list.org/
http://www.CAS-testing.org/

Peter L. Montgomery

Jun 12, 2005, 7:23:23 PM6/12/05
In article <1118608045.9...@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> "Vladimir Bondarenko" <v...@cybertester.com> writes:
>Hello,
>
>Is there a person who can calculate using any computer algebra
>system the exact value of the following limits
>

>--------------------------- Limit # 1 ---------------------------
>
>limit(z^2 *
>
>int(int(1/(x*y*(x^z+y^z)), x= 1..infinity), y= 1..infinity),
>
>z= infinity);

We can get an explicit antiderivative (wrt x and y)

(y^z * ln(1 + (x/y)^z) + x^z * ln(1 + (y/x)^z) )/ ((x*y)^z * z^2);

The integral is ln(4)/z^2 when it converges, so the limit is ln(4).

f3 := normal(diff(diff(fanti, x), y))

;quit;
ferr := normal(expand(f2 - fanti));

# factor(diff(ferr, y));
expand(%);
;quit;

f1 := int(f, x = 1..infinity);
f2a := int(f1, y);
#quitl
f2b := int(f1, y = 1..infinity);
# f2b is 2*ln(2), after a minute with Maple 9.5

--
If we don't protect our forests, the bushlands will become Bushlands.

pmon...@cwi.nl Microsoft Research and CWI Home: Bellevue, WA

Igor Khavkine

Jun 13, 2005, 2:30:08 AM6/13/05
On 2005-06-12, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a person who can calculate using any computer algebra
> system the exact value of the following limits
>

> --------------------------- Limit # 1 ---------------------------
>
> limit(z^2 *
>
> int(int(1/(x*y*(x^z+y^z)), x= 1..infinity), y= 1..infinity),
>
> z= infinity);

2*ln(2) ~ 1.386294361

> --------------------------- Limit # 2 ---------------------------
>
> limit(z^2 *
>
> int(int(1/(x^2*y^2*(x^z+y^z)), x= 1..infinity), y= 1..infinity),
>
> z= infinity);

2*ln(2) ~ 1.386294361

> --------------------------- Limit # 3 ---------------------------
>
> limit(z^2 *
>
> int(int(1/(x^z*y^z*(x^z+y^z)), x= 1..infinity), y= 1..infinity),
>
> z= infinity); ( wow! ;)

2/3*(1-ln(2)) ~ 0.2045685463

> The other day I was quite surprised to find that... well, I'd
> better hold my tongue for a while :)

I don't quite see what's so "wow" about the result.

Igor

Daniel Lichtblau

Jun 13, 2005, 10:52:21 AM6/13/05

Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a person who can calculate using any computer algebra
> system the exact value of the following limits
>

> --------------------------- Limit # 1 ---------------------------
>
> limit(z^2 *
>
> int(int(1/(x*y*(x^z+y^z)), x= 1..infinity), y= 1..infinity),
>
> z= infinity);
>
> --------------------------- Limit # 2 ---------------------------
>
> limit(z^2 *
>
> int(int(1/(x^2*y^2*(x^z+y^z)), x= 1..infinity), y= 1..infinity),
>
> z= infinity);
>
> --------------------------- Limit # 3 ---------------------------
>
> limit(z^2 *
>
> int(int(1/(x^z*y^z*(x^z+y^z)), x= 1..infinity), y= 1..infinity),
>
> z= infinity); ( wow! ;)
>

> The other day I was quite surprised to find that... well, I'd
> better hold my tongue for a while :)
>

> Best wishes,
>
> Vladimir Bondarenko

> [...]

Due to symmetry of integrands this is irrelevant, but the seemingly
reversed orders actually conform to those of the original problems.
Mathematica semantics for multiple integration works from outermost
inward.

In[8]:= Limit[z^2 *
Integrate[1/(x*y*(x^z+y^z)), {y,1,Infinity}, {x,1,Infinity}],
z->Infinity]
Out[8]= Log[4]

In[12]:= InputForm[l2 = Limit[z^2 *
Integrate[1/(x^2*y^2*(x^z+y^z)), {y,1,Infinity}, {x,1,Infinity}],
z->Infinity]]
Out[12]//InputForm= -EulerGamma - PolyGamma[0, 1/2]

In[13]:= FullSimplify[l2]
Out[13]= Log[4]

In[14]:= InputForm[l3 = Limit[z^2 *
Integrate[1/(x^z*y^z*(x^z+y^z)), {y,1,Infinity}, {x,1,Infinity}],
z->Infinity]]
Out[14]//InputForm= (2*EulerGamma + PolyGamma[0, -1/2] + PolyGamma[0,
3/2])/6

In[16]:= InputForm[FullSimplify[l3]]
Out[16]//InputForm= (-2*(-1 + Log[2]))/3

Daniel Lichtblau
Wolfram Research

bryan...@yahoo.com

Jun 13, 2005, 5:14:45 PM6/13/05
i don't see what the point is in asking all these questions and
collecting these bugs. is this the way Mr. Bondarenko's method work? to
test the various CAS' via problems that have been posted in the NG? i
hardly think that technique would qualify as a 'technology' or product
of 'research'.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jun 14, 2005, 5:28:22 PM6/14/05
bryant_...@yahoo.com wrote on Mon, Jun 13 2005 5:14 pm

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/b20cda40e99a3bbc?hl=en

Thank you for your request.

JB> what the point is in asking all these questions

Actually, the challenges are a tiny fraction of what we [the Cyber
Tester] hope could become the definitive, world's largest benchmark
test for new powerful computer algebra systems to be created within
the next 20-30 years. [Please find more at the link below]

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/aaa2ae83b7f110da?hl=en

JB> and collecting these bugs.

In March 2005, Maplesoft claimed that

Maple 9.5: Standard for any type of mathematics (!)

You may wish to have a look here (far much more stuff is coming)

Man + machine review of Maple crisis: 1993-2004

http://maple.bug-list.org/MapleCrisis-Review-01.pdf [16 Mb]

and you would find that it is like to claim that

A donkey is a standard for any type of road movement.

No go - where is my comfortable Chevy?

JB> what the point is in [...] collecting these bugs

In a nutshell, one of the final goals is making all the Maple's
consumers' life easier via making Maple faster, more stable and
so to say, more intelligent.

So, one of the goals is to HELP Maplesoft to improve Maple if
the company wants this, and to FORCE Maplesoft to improve Maple
if the company does not wants this. The maximal public Maple bugs
exposure is a tool of our users' influence on the wistful case.

More reasons:

1) It might be time-consuming to realize that the given behavior
of a software application (say, Maple) is a bug, and is it
possible to circumvent it, and if yes, what is a work-around.

2) Over a decade (!) Maplesoft ignores the numerous consumers'
requests to fix a bug even if it is had been shown publicly,
this cannot be construed in other terms as a piece of SHAME.

For example, see

Maple bugs: Big festal day
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/6002b726f9f2e669?hl=en

Dear friends, let me cordially congratulate all Maple customers as
well as the whole symbolic computation community with a big event!

As we learn from http://www.maplesoft.com/support/

MS> Maplesoft is committed to providing the highest level of
MS> support for the products it sells.

MS> Maple 9 is the premium software system for any activity that
MS> involves mathematics.

MS> Maplesoft, a division of Waterloo Maple Inc., is a leading
MS> producer of advanced software for mathematics.

We celebrate 15 years since a bug in Maple was reported
*publicly* !

ftp://ftp.maplesoft.com/pub/maple/mug/Digest.1

By making the bugs public we shows the general public that to
trust too much to rave claims by Maplesoft that "it is"

Maple bugs: A dangerous, misleading ad statement at the main
Maplesoft's site

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/dd5e6a02c428dad9?hl=en

JB> is this the way Mr. Bondarenko's method work?

Thank you for your joke! ;)

Actually, here is what we can afford to disclose currently about
our approach

http://www.cybertester.com/solution.php

Some details can be found at the links below

Towards New Math Correctness Standards for Computer Algebra Systems - 1
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/browse_frm/thread/9fd2d7d4fd99191b/9987eff52627d47b#9987eff52627d47b

Towards New Math Correctness Standards for Computer Algebra Systems - 6

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/browse_frm/thread/2369a1d223b41200/f9f4833c654d4b61#f9f4833c654d4b61

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Man+machine review of Maple crisis: 1993-2004

http://maple.bug-list.org/MapleCrisis-Review-01.pdf [16 Mb]

bryan...@yahoo.com

Jun 14, 2005, 8:01:32 PM6/14/05

Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:

> JB> is this the way Mr. Bondarenko's method work?
>
> Thank you for your joke! ;)
>
> Actually, here is what we can afford to disclose currently about
> our approach
>
> http://www.cybertester.com/solution.php

but you are claiming to be a leading CAS expert. i don't see how
identfying bugs would qualify you as a CAS expert. sure, your bug
collecting will help a lot of Maple users, but i don't see how that
entitles you to the title of a leading CAS expert. i saw your website
and cv, and noticed that you don't have single journal paper published,
only some poster papers at small conferences.
i also think that you have been approaching everything the wrong way.
your brashness will not win any potential customers over, and that
episode that you are having with Jerzy something (sorry i don't
remeber how to spell his last name) is rather embarassing and makes you
come across as a crackpot. it's bad for business so i would suggest
that you get off your high horse and show some humility. anyway, good
luck with whatever it is that you do if it will be of some use to some
people.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk

Jun 14, 2005, 9:18:21 PM6/14/05
bryant_j_j tries to reason Mr. V. Bondarenko

> ... you are claiming to be a leading CAS expert. i don't see how

> identfying bugs would qualify you as a CAS expert. sure, your bug
> collecting will help a lot of Maple users, but i don't see how that
> entitles you to the title of a leading CAS expert.

Forget those claims, everybody sees what is to see.

Actually a disordered bug collection helps *only* the implementors,
able to pinpoint the source of the disease, structural, algorithmic,
etc. This is a matter for serious *collective* work, cross-checks, etc.
But who will cooperate with this individual?...
Maplesoft perhaps?
Or SciFace/University of Paderborn, the MuPADmen?
Ask them, please... Show me ANY collaborator. Try to contact people
mentioned as 'references' on his personal page (not all links work).

> i also think that you have been approaching everything the wrong way.
> your brashness will not win any potential customers over, and that
> episode that you are having with Jerzy something (sorry i don't
> remeber how to spell his last name) is rather embarassing and makes you
> come across as a crackpot. it's bad for business so i would suggest
> that you get off your high horse and show some humility.

Do you *really* believe in this business? In customers, real or
potential? Let's be serious. Perhaps you believe also in this "team
of programmers" under the rulership of Mr. Bondarenko? Perhaps they
should take part in this discussion, they should have access to
Internet, I suppose. I wonder why they remain silent, instead of
defending their "boss".

Jerzy Karczmarczuk

bryan...@yahoo.com

Jun 14, 2005, 10:06:29 PM6/14/05

Jerzy Karczmarczuk wrote:

> Actually a disordered bug collection helps *only* the implementors,
> able to pinpoint the source of the disease, structural, algorithmic,
> etc. This is a matter for serious *collective* work, cross-checks, etc.
> But who will cooperate with this individual?...
> Maplesoft perhaps?
> Or SciFace/University of Paderborn, the MuPADmen?
> Ask them, please... Show me ANY collaborator. Try to contact people
> mentioned as 'references' on his personal page (not all links work).

no, i don't think i would like to waste my time checking that out.
i'm not obsessed with that. i have no interest in buying "products"
being offered by Bondarenko.

> Do you *really* believe in this business? In customers, real or
> potential? Let's be serious. Perhaps you believe also in this "team
> of programmers" under the rulership of Mr. Bondarenko?

i don't know what to be believe, though it does seem to me that he is
the only person in his "company". but he must make a living somehow.
i've noticed his postings on sci.math for a while but never figured out
what these challenges are all about (except for their weirdness), that
is until i stumbled across that episode he was having with you.

> Perhaps they
> should take part in this discussion, they should have access to
> Internet, I suppose. I wonder why they remain silent, instead of
> defending their "boss".

i don't think it is an obligation of an employee to defend his boss,
if there are any such employees. have a nice day.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jun 16, 2005, 3:40:12 PM6/16/05
bryan...@yahoo.com wrote:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.maple/msg/73c71f8e84502b8b?hl=en

JB> only some poster papers at small conferences.

Well... if you call those ISSACs (which is an acronym
for International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic
Computation) "small conferences"...

No comment.

JB> i don't see how identfying bugs would qualify
JB> you as a CAS expert.

As Maple case shows us, streamlined CAS development
is not possible without a diagnostic toolkit which
helps identify/classify/minimize bugs - and I was
able to develop an approach to achieve this goal.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Man+machine review of Maple crisis: 1993-2004
http://maple.bug-list.org/MapleCrisis-Review-01.pdf

VM and GEMM architect

bryan...@yahoo.com

Jun 16, 2005, 5:15:22 PM6/16/05
Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:
> bryan...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.maple/msg/73c71f8e84502b8b?hl=en
>
> JB> only some poster papers at small conferences.
>
> Well... if you call those ISSACs (which is an acronym
> for International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic
> Computation) "small conferences"...
>
> No comment.

still conferences are only conferences, and, worse still, your paper
was only a poster paper. where are your journal publications? how come
an expert has none of these? anyway, standards for a good conference is
different from standards for good journals ==> papers submitted to
journals are reviewed much more rigorously. i guess you didn't know
that.

> JB> i don't see how identfying bugs would qualify
> JB> you as a CAS expert.
>
> As Maple case shows us, streamlined CAS development
> is not possible without a diagnostic toolkit which
> helps identify/classify/minimize bugs - and I was
> able to develop an approach to achieve this goal.

tell you what. a person is an expert when it is acknowledge by other
people not because that person calims that he is an expert. as far as i
am concerned, you have nothing to show for your expertise, so i would
not buy "products" from you because of your lack of credibility.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jun 17, 2005, 9:23:09 AM6/17/05
bryant_...@yahoo.com wrote on Thu, Jun 16 2005 5:15 pm

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/2b236f00c700837c?hl=en

Hello Jay Bryant,

JB> still conferences are only conferences,

Let me again point out, *International* and *Symposium*

http://www.mmrc.iss.ac.cn/~issac2005/callpaper.htm

ISSAC is the yearly premier international symposium
in Symbolic and Algebraic Computation. It provides
an opportunity to learn of new developments and to
present original research results in all areas of
symbolic mathematical computation. Planned activities
include invited presentations, research papers, poster
sessions, tutorial courses, vendor exhibits and
software demonstrations.

JB> and, worse still,

You sound like a superciliary professor who has a dozen
grad students and published a hundred of papers (to tell
the truth, real professors I have happiness to know in
person,

http://www.cas-testing.org/index.php?list=4
http://www.cas-testing.org/SciFace.phtml

almost all are very polite persons, God thanks)

So I decided to find where is your site located, and read
5-10 your papers (pubished in journals) to learn from you.

However, to my utter disappointment, I found neither your
site nor even a tiny home page nor a single paper. So maybe
you kndly point out where to read your stuff, if any?

Over 15 years I keep working in the field of computer algebra
and software testing, and remember by heart many many dozens
names of the researcher - but not your name.

JB> papers submitted to journals are reviewed much more
JB> rigorously. i guess you didn't know that.

A 2 cent value trick. Failrly chintzy. I have an impression
that you simply have much time and decided to chat with us.

This firm impression came from the fact that upon reading
almost all of about 50 your messages I, with even stronger
disappointment, found that you wrote on religious themes,
and many of your posts are just general comments like

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math/msg/91efc57499305844?hl=en

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math/msg/795265645817a789?hl=en

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math/msg/0db63a1837fd9813?hl=en

JB> indeed. silly me.

JB> tell you what. a person is an expert when it is acknowledge
JB> by other people

Tell you what.

Why don't consider reading opinions about quality & scope of my
work produced by experts in the field of computer algebra systems,
CAS manufacturers and top CAS folks since 1993. Find a few selected
opinions from them at placed here

http://www.cas-testing.org/ind­ex.php?list=7 ?

which belong, respectively, to

COMMENT 1 Albert D. Rich www.derive.com www.mulisp.com

COMMENT 2 Prof Dr Oleg Marichev (WRI) www.functions.wolfram.com

COMMENT 3 Dr Anwar Shiekh (WRI) Test Development Group Supervisor

COMMENT 4 Prof Dr Walter Oevel (SciFace GmbH)
http://www.math.uni-paderborn.­de/~walter/

COMMENT 5 Dr Anwar Shiekh (WRI) Test Development Group Supervisor

COMMENT 6 Dr Anwar Shiekh (WRI) Test Development Group Supervisor

COMMENT 7 Dr Anwar Shiekh (WRI) Test Development Group Supervisor

COMMENT 8 Dr Michael Wester www.math.unm.edu/~wester

COMMENT 9 Dr Anwar Shiekh (WRI) Test Development Group Supervisor

COMMENT 10 Dr Anwar Shiekh (WRI) Test Development Group Supervisor

COMMENT 11 Stefan Wehmeier (SciFace GmbH)
http://www-math.uni-paderborn.­de/~stefanw/

COMMENT 12 Dr Anwar Shiekh (WRI) Test Development Group Supervisor

COMMENT 13 Kelly Roach http://www.kellyroach.com/

COMMENT 14 Dr Anwar Shiekh (WRI) Test Development Group Supervisor

Please find a recent opinion about my work made publicly by
a top MuPAD developer, Herr Wehmeier

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/05085553a1489bcc?hl=en

Vladimir has contributed many bugs to

www.mupad.de/BUGS

and even got an award for being our best beta tester.

Please find a last minute link to an old paper of mine here

An n-Dimensional Integral Formula
http://www.planetquantum.com/News/050601.html

JB> i would not buy "products" from you because of your
JB> lack of credibility.

Maybe because of lack of your understanding what's going?

1) what we do for general public - the Maple Bugs Encyclopaedia -
the largest world's searchable Maple bug database, calculated
automatically - is *free* of charge - a string of major upgrades
is coming.

2) currently, Cyber Tester, LLC offers NO services for individuals
whatsoever. Our customers are companies only.

3) to call a spade a spade, in computer algebra and software testing
you are a sheer ignoramus, and because of this fact, you are not
in a position to judge correctly about my work and Cyber Tester.

4) graduate from kindergarten, go to school, finish grad courses,
educate yourself, and maybe you see the world in brigher colors.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Man+machine review of Maple crisis: 1993-2004
http://maple.bug-list.org/MapleCrisis-Review-01.pdf [16 Mb]

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
Cyber Tester, LLC
13 Dekabristov Str, Simferopol
Crimea 95000, Ukraine

Jerzy Karczmarczuk

Jun 17, 2005, 10:18:43 AM6/17/05
to wal...@uni-paderborn.de, ste...@mupad.de, ol...@wolfram.com, wes...@math.unm.edu
Vladimir Bondarenko discusses with J. Bryant, who dared to
raise questions about the expertise of V. Bondarenko in
the field of CAS in view of the fact that he hasn't found
a single refereed publication of VB :

> You sound like a superciliary professor who has a dozen
> grad students and published a hundred of papers (to tell
> the truth, real professors I have happiness to know in
> person,

> almost all are very polite persons, God thanks)

> So I decided to find where is your site located, and read
> 5-10 your papers (pubished in journals) to learn from you.
>
> However, to my utter disappointment, I found neither your
> site nor even a tiny home page nor a single paper. So maybe
> you kndly point out where to read your stuff, if any?

> 3) to call a spade a spade, in computer algebra and software testing
> you are a sheer ignoramus, and because of this fact, you are not
> in a position to judge correctly about my work and Cyber Tester.
>
> 4) graduate from kindergarten, go to school, finish grad courses,
> educate yourself, and maybe you see the world in brigher colors.

This is a light-weight answer, good! But ...

It is obvious that after seeing the *Stalinist denunciations*
sent to my Univ. administration, the "recommendation letters"
addressed to Maplesoft, throwing mud on their collaborators,
or a posting addressed to J. Klimovitch, which not only
offends him in a most scandalous manner, but also unveils
his personal data,

people who will to say about V. Bondarenko what they want to
say, must protect their identity, unless (as myself) they
don't care.

Since - as it seems - several dozens of people reading those
newsgroups where Mr. Bondarenko produces himself, are deeply
disgusted, I believe that it is honest to warn people whom
V. Bondarenko treats as his "references" /a selection; not
all are reachable.../: -------------

> Tell you what.
>
> Why don't consider reading opinions about quality & scope of my
> work produced by experts in the field of computer algebra systems,
> CAS manufacturers and top CAS folks since 1993. Find a few selected
> opinions from them at placed here

> COMMENT 2 Prof Dr Oleg Marichev (WRI) www.functions.wolfram.com

> COMMENT 4 Prof Dr Walter Oevel (SciFace GmbH)
> http://www.math.uni-paderborn.­de/~walter/
>

> COMMENT 8 Dr Michael Wester www.math.unm.edu/~wester

> COMMENT 11 Stefan Wehmeier (SciFace GmbH)
> http://www-math.uni-paderborn.­de/~stefanw

------------- ... to warn them that their names are used, perhaps
abused by an individual which broke several times the rules of civilized
Internet society. Thus, I send them a copy of this posting.

I feel sorry bothering them, but perhaps they should have a look from
time to time into sci.math.symbolic, comp.soft-sys.math.maple, or to
some other completely innocent and irrelevant newsgroups, where
V. Bondarenko continues to spread his hatred of any critics, such as
sci.math, sci.edu, or alt.math.recreational. Or the Drexel Mathematical
Forum.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
Caen, France

bryan...@yahoo.com

Jun 17, 2005, 10:35:24 AM6/17/05
Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:

> Let me again point out, *International* and *Symposium*

so what? having a paper in such a conference still does not qualify
you as an expert. who is citing anything you have worked on, has nayone
ever invited you to give a technical talk about your work. i guess the
answer would be no, and no.

> You sound like a superciliary professor who has a dozen
> grad students and published a hundred of papers (to tell
> the truth, real professors I have happiness to know in
> person,
>
> http://www.cas-testing.org/index.php?list=4
> http://www.cas-testing.org/SciFace.phtml
>
> almost all are very polite persons, God thanks)

i was being polite, i didn't call you names, and i tried to remind
you that maybe the way you are doing things may turn off potential
customers.

> However, to my utter disappointment, I found neither your
> site nor even a tiny home page nor a single paper.

sounds like what i felt when i visited the website of a leading CAS
researcher and didn't find anything of significance there.

> So maybe
> you kndly point out where to read your stuff, if any?
> Over 15 years I keep working in the field of computer algebra
> and software testing, and remember by heart many many dozens
> names of the researcher - but not your name.

i don't work in CAS, i came across your email from sci.math. and it
doesn't matter for me what you think, since i am not the guy making the
extravagant claims. you are the one claiming yourself as a world leader
in CAS. frankly that does not seem true to me, it is just a
self-proclamation coming from you.

> This firm impression came from the fact that upon reading
> almost all of about 50 your messages I, with even stronger
> disappointment, found that you wrote on religious themes,
> and many of your posts are just general comments like

no, i have never written anything to promote religion, i argued with
a guy who was touting his religion and that annoyed me. yes, i give
general comments sometimes and detail at others. i don't know
everything, nobody does.

> Tell you what.
>
> Why don't consider reading opinions about quality & scope of my
> work produced by experts in the field of computer algebra systems,
> CAS manufacturers and top CAS folks since 1993. Find a few selected
> opinions from them at placed here

tell you what. i guess what Jerzy says about you is true. that's all
that i needed to know. and btw, i hardly think that the people whose
name you put on your reference list will remember who you are...

> Please find a recent opinion about my work made publicly by
> a top MuPAD developer, Herr Wehmeier

good for you then, still it's a far cry from leading CAS expert.

> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/05085553a1489bcc?hl=en
>
> Vladimir has contributed many bugs to
>
> www.mupad.de/BUGS
>
> and even got an award for being our best beta tester.

couldn't find any proof of this. as far as i can see it seems the
mupda people prefer to keep their distance from you.

> Please find a last minute link to an old paper of mine here
>
> An n-Dimensional Integral Formula
> http://www.planetquantum.com/News/050601.html

what credibility does this have?

> Maybe because of lack of your understanding what's going?

no, i understand what you are doing, i visited your shabby websites
and i was none too impressed. and here i was thinking that Jerzy was
being too harsh on you, sigh.....

> 2) currently, Cyber Tester, LLC offers NO services for individuals
> whatsoever. Our customers are companies only.

yea, sure.

> 3) to call a spade a spade, in computer algebra and software testing
> you are a sheer ignoramus, and because of this fact, you are not
> in a position to judge correctly about my work and Cyber Tester.

i guess you say that to everyone. sigh.

> 4) graduate from kindergarten, go to school, finish grad courses,
> educate yourself, and maybe you see the world in brigher colors.

i see all the colors, do you? i think you see a shade of gray
between reality and fantasy. bye.

bryan...@yahoo.com

Jun 17, 2005, 11:01:34 AM6/17/05
i commend you for your courageousness and outspokenness. best of luck
to you!

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jun 17, 2005, 11:10:46 AM6/17/05
Jerzy Karczmarczuk <karc...@info.unicaen.fr> wrote
Fri, Jun 17 2005 10:18 am

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.maple/msg/fc7c96668ee37113?hl=en

JK> V. Bondarenko continues to spread his hatred of any critics

Of numerous systematic public intentional insults like a complete
software testing ignoramus Jerzy Karczmarczuk produces, who obviously
seeks promotion badly, why not? so here is his site

http://users.info.unicaen.fr/~karczma/

Who of you folks is able to find *any*, even the slightest vestige of
Karczmarczuk's expertise in soft testing there?

Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:02:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Vladimir Bondarenko" algebraist...@yahoo.com

Subject: Numerous, systematic public intentional insults, Or,
Jerzy Karczmarczuk keeps defaming the l'Universite' de Caen B
asse-Normandie

To: Nicole.Lequer...@crisco.unicae­n.fr, preside...@unicaen.fr,
"Alain Bretto" alain.bre...@info.unicaen.fr,
alain.bre...@wanadoo.fr, "Patrick DUBOIS"
dubo...@admin.unicaen.fr, v...@cybertester.com

Dear Mme Le Querler,

A leading world's CAS researcher, whose services had been used
by the biggest market players such as Texas Instruments, Inc,
and Wolfram Research, Inc

http://www.cas-testing.org/ind­ex.php?list=3

the MuPAD Beta Contest First Prize winner launched by SciFace
GmbH

http://www.cas-testing.org/Sci­Face.phtml

the inventor of the LIFT and CYCLE technologies to be demonstrated
in the near future,

beta 0.1 of Man+machine review of Maple crisis: 1993-2004
http://maple.bug-list.org/Mapl­eCrisis-Review-01.pdf

I must inform you sadly that, alas, a worker of l'Universite' de
Caen Basse-Normandie, some Jerzy Karczmarczuk, continues defaming
your organization.

The day before yesterday, on Monday, 6 Jun 2005 12:19:18 I've
sent you a carbon copy of a report on improper behaviour of this
person.

The main copy had been addressed to Professor Bretto from whom
I really expected help in stopping the insulting messages the
above-said Jerzy Karczmarczuk posts into Google Groups.

Being too much immersed into research activity, I did not visit
the Google Groups yesterday. However, today, on June 8, 2005,
with much surprise, I discovered the following remark from Jerzy
Karczmarczuk showing his full disrespect to me, to you, to the
whole administration of your University, and thus, to the whole
l'Universite' de Caen Basse-Normandie:

http://groups-beta.google.com/­group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/72­9c1f6d0bd...

JK> Until now I was the only one in my department who knew that
JK> we have a mentally sick person in this newsgroup, now there
JK> are more. Imagine the explosion of laughter when one of the
JK> receivers of this text of Bondarenko:

> A leading world's CAS researcher, the inventor of the LIFT and
> CYCLE technologies to be demonstrated in the near future, I am
> sorry to inform you [...]

JK> tried, being a serious person, to verify on the Internet the
JK> case of this "leading world's CAS researcher", to find his
JK> publications, software, or *whatever*.

My detailed answer to this person you can find here:

http://groups-beta.google.com/­group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/43­d5b8a162e...

The behavior of Jerzy Karczmarczuk who even does not acquainted
with me personally, and who does not have any relation to the
field I am working in, automated software testing, cannot be
described in other way as a wilful trespass, an wilful illegal
act against my rights.

Being a linguist, I hope that upon reading the statements made
upon me, you certainly feel that I am right.

I kindly request from you that you stop at last the described
improper actions of a worker of l'Universite' de Caen Basse-
Normandie, Jerzy Karczmarczuk wrt to me. Having too many a
task on software testing automation, I hope that I will not
be forced to get involved in further handling of this case.

Just a detail, if the libel sent by Jerzy Karczmarczuk and the
scandal would continue further, what would think your potential
students about joining your University where their rights could
be broken so easily?

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko
v...@cybertester.com

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
Cyber Tester, LLC
13 Dekabristov Str, Simferopol
Crimea 95000, Ukraine

Man+machine review of Maple crisis: 1993-2004
http://maple.bug-list.org/Mapl­eCrisis-Review-01.pdf

------------------------------­------------------------------­-----

Dear Professor Bretto,

A leading world's CAS researcher, the inventor of the LIFT and
CYCLE technologies to be demonstrated in the near future, I am
sorry to inform you that a worker of l'Universite' de Caen Basse-
Normandie, some Jerzy Karczmarczuk, defames your organization
via systematic sending publicly the insulting messages.

I am too busy with research work; but now I am feeling that the
time has come to stop the improper behaviour of Jerzy Karczmarczuk
and ask for your resolute help in modifying the behavior of this
person.

Here you can find some samples of his statements about me, a person
whom he never even met.

http://groups-beta.google.com/­group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/12­837905fcf...

http://groups-beta.google.com/­group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/b9­9b43362b2...

http://groups-beta.google.com/­group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/16­ca1e7dd9c...

http://groups-beta.google.com/­group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/26­62a66c1d5...

JK> a person far from mental equilibrium

and more, but I hope the quoted links will do.

Also please note that, at any rate, Jerzy Karczmarczuk goes easily
beyond his competence, a big defect for a research worker as well
as an instructor.

Had you need any kind of support to drive the nail home please
don't hesitate to let me know and I guarantee you the strongest
backstop imaginable to stop the above demonstrated disorderly
conduct.