The year of Cyber Tester

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jan 15, 2008, 5:14:13 PM1/15/08
Hello the world,

2008 will be the year of Cyber Tester.

We will bring you something you have
never seen before us.

Cheers,

Vladimir Bondarenko

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC
http://maple.bug-list.org/ Maple Bugs Encyclopaedia
http://www.CAS-testing.org/ CAS Testing

D Herring

Jan 15, 2008, 9:11:20 PM1/15/08
Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:
> Hello the world,
>
> 2008 will be the year of Cyber Tester.
>
> We will bring you something you have
> never seen before us.

We've already seen vaporware. Maybe you saw it first?

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jan 16, 2008, 4:11:17 AM1/16/08
We never claimed we are going to sell our unique
expert system. At least, within the next years.

Instead, we are going to offer our high performance
QA services.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC
http://maple.bug-list.org/ Maple Bugs Encyclopaedia
http://www.CAS-testing.org/ CAS Testing

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jan 28, 2008, 5:49:10 PM1/28/08
This is even not the beginning yet...

On Jan 16, 1:11 am, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
> We never claimed we are going to sell our unique
> expert system. At least, within the next years.
>
> Instead, we are going to offer our high performance
> QA services.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Vladimir Bondarenko
>
> VM and GEMM architect
> Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
>

> http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLChttp://maple.bug-list.org/  Maple Bugs Encyclopaediahttp://www.CAS-testing.org/ CAS Testing

Vladimir Bondarenko

Mar 10, 2008, 9:37:24 AM3/10/08
Expect some amazing things to come.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC

http://maple.bug-list.org/ Maple Bugs Encyclopaedia
http://www.CAS-testing.org/ CAS Testing

"We must understand that technologies
like these are the way of the future."

Dave

Mar 10, 2008, 6:47:49 PM3/10/08
Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:
> Expect some amazing things to come.

How about doing something amazing and being a bit more professional
about how you report bugs? i.e.

* Stop posting to so many newsgroups
* Be far less dramatic.
* Stop putting loads of common material in your posts.
* Keep your titles shorter and more meaningful. There is not need for
all this "Wolfram Research QA process defect:" Just "Mathematica 6.0.2
Bug" or similar.

You never know, if you acted in a more professional manner you might get
the likes of WRI/Maplesoft to take you a bit more seriously and pay you.

It's clear to me you are not a total idiot, and would appear to have
some useful code. But you act like a 5 year old some times.

nano bagonghi

Mar 11, 2008, 8:37:26 AM3/11/08
Dave wrote:

> It's clear to me you are not a total idiot, and would appear to have
> some useful code. But you act like a 5 year old some times.

I agree !
g.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Mar 11, 2008, 2:38:05 PM3/11/08
On Mar 10, 3:47 pm, Dave <f...@coo.com> writes:

D> you act like a 5 year old some times.

5 years old? Please, don't age me :)

In a sense, I'm like a baby.

And I am proud of this.

Truth comes out of the mouths of babes and sucklings.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Apr 29, 2008, 10:06:40 PM4/29/08

Vladimir Bondarenko

May 26, 2008, 1:39:01 PM5/26/08
I'll be back.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jun 20, 2008, 9:28:14 PM6/20/08
We are getting ready for the next major step.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC
http://maple.bug-list.org/ Maple Bugs Encyclopaedia
http://www.CAS-testing.org/ CAS Testing

"We must understand that technologies

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 13, 2008, 9:45:11 AM7/13/08
Our fully automated machinery discovered new types
of defects in commercial computer algebra systems.

These types of bugs were never reported before.

At the moment, we feel that it's too early to give
any details.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 22, 2008, 1:37:30 AM7/22/08

Just a new example of known types of defects.

At 2.13 GHz machine with RAM of 4 Gb, it takes
20000+ seconds to a commercial computer algebra
system to calculate a TABLE integral.

And to top it all, there is no singularity in
the integrand, and the integral is taken over
[0..1].

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC

"We must understand that technologies
like these are the way of the future."

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 22, 2008, 11:31:46 AM7/22/08
On Jul 21, 10:37 pm, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
> On Jul 13, 6:45 am, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
>

> > Our fully automated machinery discovered new types
> > of defects in commercial computer algebra systems.
>
> > These types of bugs were never reported before.
>
> > At the moment, we feel that it's too early to give
> > any details.
>
> > Best wishes,
>
> > Vladimir Bondarenko
>
> > VM and GEMM architect
> > Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
>
> >http://www.cybertester.com/Cyber Tester, LLC

> > "We must understand that technologies
> > like these are the way of the future."

> Just a new example of known types of defects.
>
> At 2.13 GHz machine with RAM of 4 Gb, it takes
> 20000+ seconds to a commercial computer algebra
> system to calculate a TABLE integral.
>
> And to top it all, there is no singularity in
> the integrand, and the integral is taken over
> [0..1].
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Vladimir Bondarenko
>
> VM and GEMM architect
> Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
>
> http://www.cybertester.com/Cyber Tester, LLC

> "We must understand that technologies
> like these are the way of the future."

Yet another funny case.

A commercial computer algebra system generates,
for a relatively simple integral, a false huge
imaginary part of about 10^100. (It's not an
approximation effect; same for 10000 digits.)

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/Cyber Tester, LLC

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 24, 2008, 3:32:47 AM7/24/08
On Jul 22, 8:31 am, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
> On Jul 21, 10:37 pm, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:

> > On Jul 13, 6:45 am, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
>
> > > Our fully automated machinery discovered new types
> > > of defects in commercial computer algebra systems.
>
> > > These types of bugs were never reported before.
>
> > > At the moment, we feel that it's too early to give
> > > any details.
>
> > > Best wishes,
>
> > > Vladimir Bondarenko
>
> > > VM and GEMM architect
> > > Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
>
> > >http://www.cybertester.com/CyberTester, LLC
>

> > Just a new example of known types of defects.
>
> > At 2.13 GHz machine with RAM of 4 Gb, it takes
> > 20000+ seconds to a commercial computer algebra
> > system to calculate a TABLE integral.
>
> > And to top it all, there is no singularity in
> > the integrand, and the integral is taken over
> > [0..1].
>
> > Best wishes,
>
> > Vladimir Bondarenko
>
> > VM and GEMM architect
> > Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
>
> >http://www.cybertester.com/CyberTester, LLC
>

> Yet another funny case.
>
> A commercial computer algebra system generates,
> for a relatively simple integral, a false huge
> imaginary part of about 10^100. (It's not an
> approximation effect; same for 10000 digits.)
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Vladimir Bondarenko
>
> VM and GEMM architect
> Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
>
> http://www.cybertester.com/CyberTester, LLC

An attempt to calculate an INDEFINITE integral
kills a commercial computer algebra system.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 26, 2008, 7:45:14 PM7/26/08
Some newly discovered bugs in the modern
commercial computer algebra systems rock.

A really shocking experience.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 29, 2008, 3:25:21 PM7/29/08

Say, an innocuous quadrature kills a CAS
in an unusual way. You would be surprised!

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 5, 2008, 4:58:12 PM8/5/08

Yet another diagnostics from the VM machine.

Let Solve means sOlve means soLve etc :)

In a modern commercial computer algebra system
solve(a = b, z) and solve(b = a, z) give two
distinct results (!)

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC

"We must understand that technologies
like these are the way of the future."

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 5, 2008, 11:09:53 PM8/5/08
We work for you 24 hours a day, literally.

Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 6, 2008, 11:18:08 AM8/6/08
On Aug 5, 8:09 pm, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
> We work for you 24 hours a day, literally.
>
> Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.

Last minute piece of news from the VM machine:

Warning: This should not happen -- stopped earth-rotation.
[faclib::knapsack]

Error: PARI failure! Please report to bu...@mupad.de or
use the fill-in-form at http://www.mupad.de/BUGS/;
during evaluation of 'faclib::knapsack'

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 8, 2008, 12:27:38 AM8/8/08
On Aug 6, 8:18 am, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
> On Aug 5, 8:09 pm, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
>
> > We work for you 24 hours a day, literally.
>
> > Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.
>
> Last minute piece of news from the VM machine:
>
> Warning: This should not happen -- stopped earth-rotation.
> [faclib::knapsack]
>
> Error: PARI failure! Please report to b...@mupad.de or
> use the fill-in-form athttp://www.mupad.de/BUGS/;

> during evaluation of 'faclib::knapsack'

Last minute piece of news from the VM machine:

For an integral with 157 bytes long answer, a commercial
computer algebra system yields an output of 2 Gb (!)

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 23, 2008, 1:10:23 AM8/23/08
Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.

Last minute fantastic piece of news from the VM machine:

(* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)

NIntegrate[Sin[z], {z, 5, 1}]
NIntegrate[Sin[z], {z, 1, 5}]

0.25664 <------------- BUG
0.25664

Someone may wish to report it to Wolfram Research, Inc.

Nasser Abbasi

Aug 23, 2008, 5:05:15 AM8/23/08

"Vladimir Bondarenko" <v...@cybertester.com> wrote in message

Good catch. The above result is generated by 6.0.2 as well.

But using any of the MonteCarlo variate methods, such as AdaptiveMonteCarlo
gives the correct sign:

In[38]:= NIntegrate[Sin[z], {z, 5, 1}, Method -> AdaptiveMonteCarlo]
Out[38]= -0.259116251294485

But other methods, such as these below, do not:

In[42]:= NIntegrate[Sin[z], {z, 5, 1}, Method -> GlobalAdaptive]
Out[42]= 0.25664012040491346

In[43]:= NIntegrate[Sin[z], {z, 5, 1}, Method -> LocalAdaptive]
Out[43]= 0.25664012040491346

Nasser

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 23, 2008, 5:58:39 PM8/23/08
Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.

Last minute piece of news from the VM machine:

(*     Mathematica 6.0.3   *)

Series[ArcSinh[ArcCsch[z] Sqrt[z]], {z, Infinity, 6}]

(-I)*System`SeriesDump`SerAllArcSin[I*Sqrt[z]*ArcCsch[z], z, Infinity,
6]

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 24, 2008, 8:23:23 AM8/24/08

A couple of minutes ago I was kindly reported by
Oleksandr Pavlyk that this bug has been fixed in
the developer version.

What an amazing speed!

Wolfram Research, keep her steady! :)

Why wouldn't you make Mathematica 7 to become
both the world's largest AND bug lowest level
system?

Then, you'd got to the Guinness Record Book.
At least.

:))

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 25, 2008, 10:47:16 PM8/25/08

As I wrote once,

http://groups.google.ca/group/sci.math/browse_thread/thread/7d0e3622b066ad09
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.edu/msg/7f9c2f81b043fe01

there seems to be quite a common fallacy that the VM machine
can only identify the bugs in integrals, limits, solvers, ODE
solvers etc

Nothing could be further from the truth. While it is still too
early to discuss publicly the VM machine QA scope, to perturb
a bit the monotony, we pinpoint yet another type of defect.

Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.

The last minute piece of news from the VM machine:

(* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)

LaplaceTransform[Sqrt[z] Cosh[z], z, s] returns

Sqrt[Pi]/(4 (1 + s)^(3/2))

while a correct answer is

Sqrt[Pi] (1/(s - 1)^(3/2) + 1/(s + 1)^(3/2))/4

.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC

"We must understand that technologies
like these are the way of the future."

clicl...@freenet.de

Aug 26, 2008, 1:15:59 AM8/26/08

Vladimir Bondarenko schrieb:

> Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.
>
> The last minute piece of news from the VM machine:
>
> (* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)
>

> LaplaceTransform[Sqrt[z] Cosh[z], z, s] returns
>
> Sqrt[Pi]/(4 (1 + s)^(3/2))
>
> while a correct answer is
>
> Sqrt[Pi] (1/(s - 1)^(3/2) + 1/(s + 1)^(3/2))/4

Mathematica probably decides to try Meijer-G convolution, and stumbles
over a branch cut. Derive 6.10 uses elementary integration, and
suceeds:

LAPLACE(SQRT(t)*COSH(t),t,s)
s:epsilonReal(1,inf)
SQRT(pi)*((s-1)^(3/2)+(s+1)^(3/2))/(4*(s+1)^(3/2)*(s-1)^(3/2))

Martin.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 29, 2008, 10:30:20 PM8/29/08
Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.

The last minute piece of news from the VM machine:

(* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)

Integrate[Cos[z]^3/(z^2+1), {z, 0, Infinity}]

No more memory available.
Mathematica kernel has shut down.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC

"We must understand that technologies

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 30, 2008, 4:29:26 PM8/30/08
Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.

The last minute piece of news from the VM machine:

(* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)

LaplaceTransform[BesselI[1/2, z], z, s]

-1/(Sqrt[2] Sqrt[1 + s])

(* *)

clicl...@freenet.de

Aug 30, 2008, 6:11:03 PM8/30/08

Vladimir Bondarenko schrieb:

> Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.
>
> The last minute piece of news from the VM machine:
>
> (* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)
>
> LaplaceTransform[BesselI[1/2, z], z, s]
>
> -1/(Sqrt[2] Sqrt[1 + s])
>
> (* *)

... the correct result being Sqrt[Sqrt[s^2 + 1] - s] / Sqrt[s^2 + 1],
according to Gradshteyn-Ryzhik. Again, this integral is probably
attacked by viewing it as a Mellin convolution of Meijer-G functions,
and Mathematica is obviously having problems in this area. In fact,
the bug could be the "same" as that reported for Sqrt[z] Cosh[x]: note
that J[1/2,z] = Sqrt[2/(Pi z)] sin(z).

Martin.

clicl...@freenet.de

Aug 30, 2008, 7:14:31 PM8/30/08

Vladimir Bondarenko schrieb:

> Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.
>
> The last minute piece of news from the VM machine:
>
> (* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)
>
> LaplaceTransform[BesselI[1/2, z], z, s]
>
> -1/(Sqrt[2] Sqrt[1 + s])
>
> (* *)

Sorry: I read BesselJ for BesselI. This should have been:

... the correct result being 1 / (Sqrt[s^2 - 1] Sqrt[Sqrt[s^2 - 1] +
s]), according to Gradshteyn-Ryzhik. Again, this integral is probably

attacked by viewing it as a Mellin convolution of Meijer-G functions,
and Mathematica is obviously having problems in this area. In fact,
the bug could be the "same" as that reported for Sqrt[z] Cosh[x]: note

that BesselI[1/2,z] = Sqrt[2/(Pi z)] Sinh[z].

Martin.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 31, 2008, 12:06:25 AM8/31/08

On Aug 31, 2:14 am, cliclic...@freenet.de writes:

M> the bug could be the "same" as that reported for
M> Sqrt[z] Cosh[x]: note that
M> BesselI[1/2,z] = Sqrt[2/(Pi z)] Sinh[z]

Right you are!

This just reflects the fact the VM machine is still not
implemented to the extent we'd like it; our programmers
will fix the bug some fine day. We need more workforce.

So this time we decided, as a compensation for you, to
post two catches :)

Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.

The last minute pieces of news from the VM machine:

(* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)

Integrate[ArcTan[z] Log[z]/(1+z^2)^2, {z, 0, Infinity}]

0

while it is (7 Zeta[3] - Pi^2)/16 = -0.09095037994.

(* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)

LaplaceTransform[Log[z] Sinh[z], z, s]

EulerGamma/(1 - s^2)

while a correct answer is

((EulerGamma + Log[s - 1])/(1 - s) +
(EulerGamma + Log[s + 1])/(1 + s))/2

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC

"We must understand that technologies
like these are the way of the future."

clicl...@freenet.de

Aug 31, 2008, 5:14:52 AM8/31/08

Vladimir Bondarenko schrieb:

> On Aug 31, 2:14?am, cliclic...@freenet.de wrote:
> > Vladimir Bondarenko schrieb:
> >
> > > The last minute piece of news from the VM machine:
> >
> > > (* ? ? ? ? ? ?Mathematica 6.0.3 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? *)

> > > LaplaceTransform[BesselI[1/2, z], z, s]
> >
> > > -1/(Sqrt[2] Sqrt[1 + s])
> >
> > > (* ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?*)

> > ... the correct result being 1 / (Sqrt[s^2 - 1] Sqrt[Sqrt[s^2 - 1] +
> > s]), according to Gradshteyn-Ryzhik. Again, this integral is probably
> > attacked by viewing it as a Mellin convolution of Meijer-G functions,
> > and Mathematica is obviously having problems in this area. In fact,
> > the bug could be the "same" as that reported for Sqrt[z] Cosh[x]: note
> > that BesselI[1/2,z] = Sqrt[2/(Pi z)] Sinh[z].
> >

> Right you are!
>
> This just reflects the fact the VM machine is still not
> implemented to the extent we'd like it; our programmers
> will fix the bug some fine day. We need more workforce.
>
> So this time we decided, as a compensation for you, to
> post two catches :)

> The last minute pieces of news from the VM machine:
>
> (* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)
>
> Integrate[ArcTan[z] Log[z]/(1+z^2)^2, {z, 0, Infinity}]
>
> 0
>
> while it is (7 Zeta[3] - Pi^2)/16 = -0.09095037994.
>
> (* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)
>
> LaplaceTransform[Log[z] Sinh[z], z, s]
>
> EulerGamma/(1 - s^2)
>
> while a correct answer is
>
> ((EulerGamma + Log[s - 1])/(1 - s) +
> (EulerGamma + Log[s + 1])/(1 + s))/2

All of those point to Meijer-G convolution problems. I suppose this
means that Mathematica failures in this area are widespread, perhaps
you are making public what Wolfram Research would call a large-scale
breakage. Do you think a free download of a replacement kernel would
be in order for customers who paid for these bugs?

Martin.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 31, 2008, 5:48:37 AM8/31/08

M> Do you think a free download of a replacement kernel would
M> be in order for customers who paid for these bugs?

Humm... as for me, a very interesting question...

M> perhaps you are making public what Wolfram Research would
M> call a large-scale breakage.

Actually, what we report here in selected droplets are taken
by an eyedropper out of our internal stream. Usually, we try
to select the defects by the beauty criterium.

We have some other solid stuff which does not boil down to
the reported by the Cyber Tester over the years. I mean the
stuff about the current commercial systems (Mathematica,
Maple, MuPAD, TI-Nspire) and our favourite Derive.

Best wishes,

Vladimir

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 31, 2008, 4:48:04 PM8/31/08
Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.

The last minute pieces of news from the VM machine:

(* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)

Integrate[2^z/(1 + 3^z), {z, 0, Infinity}]
Integrate[2^z/(1 + 5^z), {z, 0, Infinity}]
Integrate[2^z/(1 + 6^z), {z, 0, Infinity}]
Integrate[2^z/(1 + 7^z), {z, 0, Infinity}]
Integrate[2^z/(1 + 9^z), {z, 0, Infinity}]
Integrate[2^z/(1 + 10^z), {z, 0, Infinity}]

0
0
0
0
0
0

(* for afters *)

Integrate[2^z/Sqrt[1 + 5^z], {z, 0, Infinity}]
Integrate[2^z/Sqrt[1 + 6^z], {z, 0, Infinity}]
Integrate[2^z/Sqrt[1 + 7^z], {z, 0, Infinity}]
Integrate[2^z/Sqrt[1 + 9^z], {z, 0, Infinity}]
Integrate[2^z/Sqrt[1 + 10^z], {z, 0, Infinity}]

0
0
0
0
0

Best wishes,

Peter Pein

Sep 7, 2008, 1:19:43 PM9/7/08
Nasser Abbasi schrieb:

Observing that the insertion of Pi into the range of integration leads to
correct results, brings me to the assumption that adding the Option
MinRecursion->Floor[Abs[2(upperlimit-lowerlimit)]/periodlength] (or maybee
Round instead of Floor) should guarantee correct results for periodic functions.

Cheers,
Peter

Axel Vogt

Sep 8, 2008, 5:33:55 AM9/8/08

well, it is a bug and bit ridiculous to use those additional inputs
for such a trivial task (not that I always would agree with V.B.)

Vladimir Bondarenko

Sep 9, 2008, 1:01:07 PM9/9/08
Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.

The last minute droplet of news from the VM machine:

(* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)

---------------------------
Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger
---------------------------
An unhandled win32 exception occurred in MathKernel.exe [11756].

(* *)

clicl...@freenet.de

Sep 9, 2008, 1:53:19 PM9/9/08

Vladimir Bondarenko schrieb:

> The last minute droplet of news from the VM machine:
>
> (* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)
>
> ---------------------------
> Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger
> ---------------------------
> An unhandled win32 exception occurred in MathKernel.exe [11756].
>
> (* *)

Please document the input that caused this message to be displayed.

Martin.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Oct 9, 2008, 6:41:38 AM10/9/08
It took the VM machine less than 7 minutes to
identify the first defect in Matlab 2008b.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester Ltd.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Oct 9, 2008, 6:21:55 PM10/9/08
Having spent 12 hours for an initial training, the
VM machine is now able to force Matlab 2008b to be
very time-consuming at simple engineering tasks, or
to return Matlab an empty string

ans = [ empty sym ]

for the cases where a concrete answer is available.

I simply do not mention about mathematically invalid
answers.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester Ltd.

"We must understand that technologies
like these are the way of the future."

Pfenniger Daniel

Oct 10, 2008, 10:35:10 AM10/10/08
Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:
> It took the VM machine less than 7 minutes to
> identify the first defect in Matlab 2008b.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Vladimir Bondarenko
>
> Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

As is, without any evidence, it is pure slander, but
you don't seem to bother about legal matters. But it goes well
in the line of your regular activities here to discredit
commercial CAS products, without trying to really solve the
problems, in the hope, perhaps, that they would "reward" you to
shut up. You don't put so much energy in open source CAS
because there is no financial return to expect there.

This is just my subjective opinion, of course.

Dan

Vladimir Bondarenko

Oct 11, 2008, 11:59:45 PM10/11/08
On Oct 10, 5:35 pm, Pfenniger Daniel <daniel.pfenni...@unige.ch>
wrote:

Can you imagine that we would like to improve the
Matlab's quality?

By the way, there is room for improvements in Maple,
Mathematica, Axiom, Sage, Maxima and other packages.

Don't forget, 2008 is the year of Cyber Tester.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester Ltd.

"We must understand that technologies
like these are the way of the future."

Walter Roberson

Oct 12, 2008, 3:55:25 AM10/12/08
Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:
> On Oct 10, 5:35 pm, Pfenniger Daniel <daniel.pfenni...@unige.ch>
> wrote:
>> Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:
>>> It took the VM machine less than 7 minutes to
>>> identify the first defect in Matlab 2008b.

>> As is, without any evidence, it is pure slander, but

>> you don't seem to bother about legal matters.

I didn't time anything, but when I put together a simple testing
script and applied it against Matlab 2007a, it was a matter of
only about 15 minutes run time to crash Matlab R2007a completely.
R2008a is a bit tougher, but it didn't take particularly long
(definitely less than half an hour) to find something that would crash it.

I have opened 10 "crashes" cases with Mathworks about my results, and
another 5 cases concerning situations where the Matlab code could be
improved. I have found about a dozen other combinations of circumstances that
will reliably crash R2008a, but which I have not yet written up for Mathworks
(they asked me to send the reports in batches.)

Specific evidence?

R2007a: movie(''); crashes Matlab (fixed in newer versions)

R2008a: movie(uint64(0)); crashes Matlab

The above are simple cases of obvious defects, unless you are willing to
define away a complete session crash as not being a "defect". Vladimir's
tools are more refined, finding situations where products produce
dubious or decidedly incorrect answers. I don't think it would have taken
very long to find such a case in Matlab 2008b: all one would have to do
is pull out some of the cases one had recorded against Maple, transpose
them into Matlab notation, and watch as the Maple-based Matlab Symbolic Toolbox
reproduced the existing Maple bug. For example, Maple 12:

> log(exp(RootOf(_Z*exp(_Z)))); simplify(%);
Error, (in ln) numeric exception: division by zero

but evalf(RootOf(_Z*exp(_Z))) is 0, and log(exp(0)) is 0 so there should
be no division by zero.

My saying that it was not much work to find ways to crash Matlab R2007a
or R2008a is not intended as a disparagement of the effort that Mathworks
has put into their products. Mathwork's support has reacted admirably quickly
in verifying my reports, and I believe they will repair the serious defects
in the next release or the one after.

As a programmer myself, I know how hard it can be to think of all of the ways
that some fool (like me ;-) ) might abuse software; and as a programmer, I know
how easy it can be to read an algorithm dozens of times and never once see
the circumstances under which the algorithm Won't Work. I'm not talking
about typos and off-by-one type errors: I'm referring to situations where
the circumstances that can break your algorithm just escape your attention. For example,
one might not happen to realize that the algorithm one is working on is only applicable
to topologies of orientable surfaces with even genus numbers if one's attention
has been on linear algebra.

It is well established the bugs exist in nearly every serious programs. It used to be
thought that having two or three independent "tiger teams" that did not discuss
implementation with each other would be sufficient to produce the "right answer"
out of at least one of the implementations (for any situation that fell within the design
parameters), under the view that bugs were more or less just "accidents" -- but it has
been shown otherwise, that different groups tend to make the same -kinds- of errors.
Thus, it is valuable to have someone doing comparative testing of products -- to
discover the classes of defects in particular products, and to discover the
commonality of defect classes amongst the various products. Information about
what kinds of cases that multiple products tend to get wrong is of benefit to all
serious product designers so that they know what to pay special attention to; and
such information is also of strong interest to those who want to teach well.
Information about the commonality of class defects amongst multiple products
is also indicative of mathematics or technology that is not widely understood,
which is a hint that there is potentially room for others to re-examine that
particular field and find different expressions of it that might be easier to
understand or which might lead to new insights.

It is disappointing to see systematic analysis attacked as being of low value on
the basis that the analyzer does not provide "solutions" or does not debug
far enough to find the root cause for all of the difficulties encountered.
There is value in knowing the problems that exist. A person skilled in
finding the problems is not necessarily a person who is skilled in fault classification,
or in debugging, or in deep category theory, or in figuring out -why-
humans tend to have problems with certain kinds of knowledge: people with those
kinds of skills do exist, though, and if they had access to the fault information,
then they would have fertile grounds for investigation.

In regards to the matter of financial motive, I would point out this: everyone I work
with (in a government research facility) has the "financial motive" of doing a good job
so as to continue to be employed. For some of the people, it is perhaps mostly a nice
place to work, that pays tolerably well (but certainly not extravagantly), given that
the reality of the world is that one has to work *somewhere* -- but we have a high
concentration of people who believe firmly that the research we do is important for
public health, many of whom have turned down better-paying opportunities in order to
work there.

But the reward of knowing that one is benefiting humanity doesn't pay the
heating bill, and I live in the coldest city in the world that has a population of over
600,000. Is it somehow improper or unethical for me to seek a living wage in return
for my work?

Axel Vogt

Oct 12, 2008, 5:23:19 AM10/12/08
Walter Roberson wrote:

> The above are simple cases of obvious defects, unless you are
willing to
> define away a complete session crash as not being a "defect".
Vladimir's
> tools are more refined, finding situations where products produce
> dubious or decidedly incorrect answers. I don't think it would have
taken
> very long to find such a case in Matlab 2008b: all one would have to do
> is pull out some of the cases one had recorded against Maple, transpose
> them into Matlab notation, and watch as the Maple-based Matlab
Symbolic
> Toolbox
> reproduced the existing Maple bug. For example, Maple 12:
>
>> log(exp(RootOf(_Z*exp(_Z)))); simplify(%);
> Error, (in ln) numeric exception: division by zero
>
> but evalf(RootOf(_Z*exp(_Z))) is 0, and log(exp(0)) is 0 so there
should
> be no division by zero.

This Maple bug steps in before log, already at
'simplify( exp(RootOf(exp(_Z))) )'.

Robert Israel

Oct 12, 2008, 3:23:48 PM10/12/08
Axel Vogt <&nor...@axelvogt.de> writes:

That is a different bug, I think. Zeros of exp(_Z) do not exist, but Maple
does not know that, so it essentially applies the simplification rule
f(RootOf(f(_Z))) = 0.

I think what you mean is

> simplify(exp(RootOf(_Z*exp(_Z))));

or more generally

> simplify(f(RootOf(f(_Z)*g(_Z))));

0

If w is a zero of f(_Z)*g(_Z), we must have f(w) = 0 or g(w) = 0. I don't
know why Maple jumps to the conclusion that f(w) = 0 here.
--
Robert Israel isr...@math.MyUniversitysInitials.ca
Department of Mathematics http://www.math.ubc.ca/~israel

Axel Vogt

Oct 12, 2008, 3:34:28 PM10/12/08

Thx, f(RootOf(f(_Z))) = 0 sounds like a reason to me.

I have the errors for 'exp(RootOf(exp(f(T)))); simplify(%);' as well
and dito with a factor exp(RootOf(f*exp(_Z))) or for f a function

Vladimir Bondarenko

Oct 18, 2008, 1:55:51 AM10/18/08
On Oct 12, 10:55 am, Walter Roberson <rober...@hushmail.com> writes:

> VladimirBondarenko wrote:
> > On Oct 10, 5:35 pm, Pfenniger Daniel <daniel.pfenni...@unige.ch>
> > wrote:

> >> As is, without any evidence, it is pure slander, but
> >> you don't seem to bother about legal matters.
>
> I didn't time anything, but when I put together a simple testing
> script and applied it against Matlab 2007a, it was a matter of
> only about 15 minutes run time to crash Matlab R2007a completely.
> R2008a is a bit tougher, but it didn't take particularly long
> (definitely less than half an hour) to find something that would crash it.
>
> I have opened 10 "crashes" cases with Mathworks about my results, and
> another 5 cases concerning situations where the Matlab code could be
> improved. I have found about a dozen other combinations of circumstances that
> will reliably crash R2008a, but which I have not yet written up for Mathworks
> (they asked me to send the reports in batches.)
>
> Specific evidence?
>
> R2007a: movie(''); crashes Matlab (fixed in newer versions)
>
> R2008a: movie(uint64(0)); crashes Matlab
>
> The above are simple cases of obvious defects, unless you are willing to

> define away a complete session crash as not being a "defect".Vladimir's

WR> I don't think it would have taken very long to find such
WR> a case in Matlab 2008b: all one would have to do is pull
WR> out some of the cases one had recorded against Maple,
WR> transpose them into Matlab notation, and watch as the
WR> Maple-based Matlab Symbolic Toolbox reproduced
WR> the existing Maple bug.

Actually, Matlab 2008b's default symbolic engine is MuPAD 5.1.

It did inherit quite a number of defects detected by the VM
machine (VMM) in MuPAD 4.0.6 and, in a (small) part posted
here

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=%22mupad+bugs%22&start=0&scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&

many of them, but far from all, have been fixed in MuPAD 5.1,
though.

But, unfortunately, new numerous defects have been identified
by the VMM throughout all the MuPAD solvers, - and more.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester Ltd.

"We must understand that technologies
like these are the way of the future."

Vladimir Bondarenko

Oct 22, 2008, 3:36:03 PM10/22/08
Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.

A selected bug detected once by our 24/365 VM machine:

(* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)

N[Integrate[Re[z], {z, 0, Sqrt[I]}]]
NIntegrate[Re[z], {z, 0, Sqrt[I]}]

0.+ 0.5 I
0.25+ 0.25 I

N[Integrate[Im[z], {z, 0, Sqrt[I]}]]
NIntegrate[Im[z], {z, 0, Sqrt[I]}]

0.
0.25+ 0.25 I

(* *)

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC

"We must understand that technologies
like these are the way of the future."

> http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=%22mupad+bugs%22&start=0&sco...

clicl...@freenet.de

Oct 22, 2008, 4:05:17 PM10/22/08

Vladimir Bondarenko schrieb:

> A selected bug detected once by our 24/365 VM machine:
>
> (* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)
>
> N[Integrate[Re[z], {z, 0, Sqrt[I]}]]
> NIntegrate[Re[z], {z, 0, Sqrt[I]}]
>
> 0.+ 0.5 I
> 0.25+ 0.25 I
>
> N[Integrate[Im[z], {z, 0, Sqrt[I]}]]
> NIntegrate[Im[z], {z, 0, Sqrt[I]}]
>
> 0.
> 0.25+ 0.25 I

Does this also happen with

Integrate[Re[z], {z, 0, Sqrt[I]}]

and

Integrate[Im[z], {z, 0, Sqrt[I]}]

i.e. without prefixing these by N[]?

Martin.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Oct 22, 2008, 4:26:26 PM10/22/08

Yes.

Integrate[Re[z], {z, 0, Sqrt[I]}]

Integrate[Im[z], {z, 0, Sqrt[I]}]

I/2
0

N[] are used just to make the comparison easier.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Oct 24, 2008, 10:01:30 AM10/24/08
On Oct 12, 6:59 am, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
> On Oct 10, 5:35 pm, Pfenniger Daniel <daniel.pfenni...@unige.ch>
> wrote:
>

> > Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:
> > > It took the VM machine less than 7 minutes to
> > > identify the first defect in Matlab 2008b.
>
> > > Best wishes,
>
> > > Vladimir Bondarenko
>
> > > Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
>
> > As is, without any evidence, it is pure slander, but
> > you don't seem to bother about legal matters.  But it goes well
> > in the line of your regular activities here to discredit
> > commercial CAS products, without trying to really solve the
> > problems, in the hope, perhaps, that they would "reward" you to
> > shut up.   You don't put so much energy in open source CAS
> > because there is no financial return to expect there.
>
> > This is just my subjective opinion, of course.
>
> >         Dan
>
> Can you imagine that we would like to improve the
> Matlab's quality?
>
> By the way, there is room for improvements in Maple,
> Mathematica, Axiom, Sage, Maxima and other packages.
>
> Don't forget, 2008 is the year of Cyber Tester.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Vladimir Bondarenko
>
> Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
>
> http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester Ltd.

> "We must understand that technologies
> like these are the way of the future."

As of Oct 24, 2008 it is safe for us to claim
the VM machine has already identified a unique
number of defects in MATLAB 2008b & Symbolic
Toolbox.

We hoped for a success, but we are impressed.

Don't forget, 2008 is the year of Cyber Tester.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester Ltd.

rio

Nov 5, 2008, 6:19:27 AM11/5/08

"Peter Pein" <pet...@dordos.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Nasser Abbasi schrieb:
>> "Vladimir Bondarenko" <v...@cybertester.com> wrote in message
>>> Being not humans, we do not know what fatigue is.
>>>
>>> Last minute fantastic piece of news from the VM machine:
>>>
>>> (* Mathematica 6.0.3 *)
>>>
>>> NIntegrate[Sin[z], {z, 5, 1}]
>>> NIntegrate[Sin[z], {z, 1, 5}]
>>>
>>> 0.25664 <------------- BUG
>>> 0.25664

with Axiom

(69) -> a123:=integrate(sin(x), x=5..1)

(69) cos(5) - cos(1)
(70) -> a123::Float

Cannot convert from type OrderedCompletion Expression Integer to
Float for value
cos(5) - cos(1)

(70) -> a123+0.0

(70) - 0.2566401204 0491345293
here with Axiom seems ok, but i don't know how convert a123 to Float

Vladimir Bondarenko

Nov 10, 2008, 4:50:48 PM11/10/08
It's not in vain that Microsoft and Google, IBM and Intel,
Lockheed Martin and Ford Motor Company, Texas Instruments
and Honeywell, and as usually Mathworks, Wolfram Research
and Maplesoft keep visiting our raw, blatantly weak sites.

Their patience will be awarded.

After the last months of frenzy work our team delivered
the next VM machine version.

It's great. It have already brought novel, unique results.

Unlike the MATLAB or Maple or Mathematica testers, being
not a human, the VM machine does not know what fatigue is.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC

"We must understand that technologies
like these are the way of the future."

Vladimir Bondarenko

Nov 11, 2008, 8:53:57 PM11/11/08

On Oct 12, 9:40 pm, "Walter Roberson" writes:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.matlab/msg/01ea75192e88d0bf

WR> It is disappointing to see systematic analysis attacked
WR> as being of low value on the basis that the analyzer
WR> does not provide "solutions" or does not debug
WR> far enough to find the root cause for all of the
WR> difficulties encountered.
WR>
WR> There is value in knowing the problems that exist. A
WR> person skilled in finding the problems is not
WR> necessarily a person who is skilled in fault
WR> classification, or in debugging, or in deep category
WR> theory, or in figuring out -why- humans tend to have
WR> problems with certain kinds of knowledge

[ security mindset ]

http://www.wired.com/politics/security/commentary/securitymatters/2008/03/securitymatters_0320

BS> I've often speculated about how much of this is innate,
BS> and how much is teachable. In general, I think it's a
BS> particular way of looking at the world, and that it's far
BS> easier to teach someone domain expertise -- cryptography
BS> or software security or safecracking or document forgery
BS> -- than it is to teach someone a security mindset.

WR> So Vladimir has somewhat of the "security mindset" when
WR> it comes to CAS: he is good at finding ways to make them
WR> fail.

This is a very nice description of what happens.

Actually, years in, years out, after lots of failed attempts,
trying, in particular, to make my own life to be easier and
more efficient, I was able to invent the VM machine which is
a failure prediction oracle, a "security mindset" amplifier.

What is the best, it turned out to be possible to make it
ticking without human intervention.

We the humans may read, watch TV, drink, dance, do whatever
we want while the VM machine ticking around the clock comes
with new, not so much seldom, novel ways the environments
like Maple, Mathematica, MATLAB etc fail (crash, hang, yield
mathematically wrong, at times absurd outputs etc)

Now, with a new resource we gained we are in the process of
a major update of our sites, - and more.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester Ltd.

"We must understand that technologies
like these are the way of the future."

Vladimir Bondarenko

Dec 8, 2008, 8:47:22 PM12/8/08
Ask not what computer mathematics will do for you,
but what together we can do for computer mathematics.

-- Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz

Message has been deleted

Vladimir Bondarenko

Dec 8, 2008, 9:59:41 PM12/8/08
On Dec 9, 4:09 am, Any one <?O75z!/9²s@WqP0SZXAs0NO2&D}CA³1_G.com>
wrote:
> Vladimir Bondarenko wrote on 08-Dec-08 17:47 :

> > Ask not what computer mathematics will do for you,
> > but what together we can do for computer mathematics.
>
> > -- Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz
>
> Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
> A kiddley divey too, wooden shoe?
>
> -- Milton Drake, Al Hoffman, Jerry Livingston, 1943

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mairzy_Doats

Is this our headache that some guys are not able to
understand the direction we keep driving at?

New correctness standard for computer mathematics.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Dec 11, 2008, 7:06:51 PM12/11/08
Yet another result from the VM machine.

Maple 12> length(int(1/(z^2+2^I)^11, z=0..infinity));

177590013

The answer is just 22 bytes long, 46189*Pi/2^(19+21*I/2).

Cheers,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester Ltd.

"We must understand that technologies

Vladimir Bondarenko

Dec 18, 2008, 4:29:04 PM12/18/08
I feel, today it is already appropriate to announce that
the VM machine discovered the types of the defects in
the systems like Maple, Mathematica, MATLAB that we were
unable to find among the public records on these systems.

At the time being, we'd rather eschew the further specs.

Let's wait and see what will happen.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jan 16, 2009, 12:09:51 AM1/16/09
"You see, but you do not observe. The distinction is clear.
For example, you have frequently seen the steps which lead
up from the hall to this room.

- Frequently.

- How often?

- Well, some hundreds of times.

- Then how many are there?

- How many? I don't know.

- Quite so! You have not observed. And yet you have seen.
That is just my point. Now, I know that there are seventeen
steps, because I have both seen and observed."

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jan 17, 2009, 1:13:33 AM1/17/09
to y.sh...@mail.ru, v...@cybertester.com, algebr...@yahoo.com, alex...@mail.ru, tal...@km.ru
Hello to CAS customers from far-off CAS-events-rich Simferopol,

A year ago, Jan 16, 2008, I wrote

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/a2b3bfcfd03818b2

Hello the world,

2008 will be the year of Cyber Tester.
We will bring you something you have
never seen before us.

Cheers,

Vladimir Bondarenko

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC
http://maple.bug-list.org/ Maple Bugs Encyclopaedia
http://www.CAS-testing.org/ CAS Testing

As I was able to foresee, during the last 12 months our company
was able to make a positive pure profit.

This was important for us. 1st, stabilization is often a boon;
2nd, we were able to embark on the next step of our development,
both figuratively and literally.

During the last 12 months we analyzed further Mathematica 7,
Maple 12, MATLAB 2008b, MuPAD 4.0.6, Macsyma 2.4, Maxima 5.15.0
to 5.17.0, Axiom, and Derive 6.1.

So as of Jan 17, 2009 Cyber Tester Ltd. owns a unique data base
of computer algebra systems bearing 100000s distinct CAS defects
and this data base keeps expanding daily.

The best, to achieve a (much) better performance, over the last
8 months our engineers redesigned the VM machine.

Now, typically, given a new version of math/engineering package,
the VM machine running on a SINGLE computer is able to discover
the 1st critical defect like a crash caused by a VALID input
within just an hour.

If we speak of mathematically invalid results, a typical time
to discover the 1st defect is of order several minutes.

Consider, here we are NOT speaking of using our huge precomputed
data base, we mean discovering these defects from the initial
state of the VM machine.

The new version of it delivered us the results we promised on
Jan 16, 2008. You may wish to spot some bits of our results
over the Google Groups, but by and large our new results are
not available publicly.

We feel we need to pay further attention to more powerful CAS
bug taxonomy and better methods of automated classification.

Also, we feel positively that our sites got flagrantly obsolete
and require a capital makeover, and this is yet another point
we are also focused now.

In a nutshell, our message to the world.

Frankly, as of Jan 17, 2009, by and large, both the commercial
mathematical and engineering packages and open source CAS ones
yield a conspicuous part of invalid answers.

To overcome this customers frustrating situation, it requires
further CAS related algorithm research, usage of the achieved
new results, and, last but not least, the iron determination
to change the current awry course of events to the better.

We reached the point when we feel the amazing results achieved
by us, for the sake of further CAS progress, should be either
sold to the manufacturers, or presented them totally free of
charge to help them to improve their systems.

Fruitful cooperation is our goal, but we should not be greedy.
May the fittest survives.

Last but not least. Right now we have something many of our
readers do not expect from us.

Folks, this is called a Surprise. ;)

Viva la new math correctness standards!
Viva la computer algebra systems high quality!

Cheers,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester Ltd.

"We must understand that technologies
like these are the way of the future."

Vladimir Bondarenko

Feb 16, 2009, 10:42:15 AM2/16/09
Professor Richard J. Fateman writes

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/ac91eff0c17093c2

RJF> Happy new year, the first year of the post-cyber tester era.

On behalf of the growing Cyber Tester's team let me wish
Professor Fateman to stay in the best health and keep his
inspiring champagne enthusiasm for computer algebra.

Cheers,

Vladimir Bondarenko

On Jan 17, 8:13 am, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
> Hello to CAS customers from far-off CAS-events-rich Simferopol,
>

> Ayearago, Jan 16, 2008, I wrote

> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/a2b3bfcfd03818b2
>
> Hello the world,
>
> 2008 will be theyearofCyberTester.
> We will bring you something you have
> never seen before us.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vladimir Bondarenko
>
> VM and GEMM architect
> Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
>

> http://www.cybertester.com/ CyberTester, LLChttp://maple.bug-list.org/  Maple Bugs Encyclopaediahttp://www.CAS-testing.org/ CAS Testing

> As I was able to foresee, during the last 12 months our company
> was able to make a positive pure profit.
>
> This was important for us. 1st, stabilization is often a boon;
> 2nd, we were able to embark on the next step of our development,
> both figuratively and literally.
>
> During the last 12 months we analyzed further Mathematica 7,
> Maple 12, MATLAB 2008b, MuPAD 4.0.6, Macsyma 2.4, Maxima 5.15.0
> to 5.17.0, Axiom, and Derive 6.1.
>

> So as of Jan 17, 2009CyberTesterLtd. owns a unique data base

Vladimir Bondarenko

Mar 22, 2009, 3:48:51 PM3/22/09
Let me greet all the computer algebra fans from MSU,
Moscow. Tomorrow in the morning I am leaving Moscow
for Dusseldorf.

From Russia with love,

Vladimir Bondarenko

Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester Ltd.

"We must understand that technologies
like these are the way of the future."

Vladimir Bondarenko

Apr 25, 2009, 11:14:11 PM4/25/09
The recent business trip to Germany had several important
implications. Probably, they should be illustrated somewhat
later via selected pictures.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

On Mar 22, 10:48 pm, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
> Let me greet all the computer algebra fans from MSU,
> Moscow. Tomorrow in the morning I am leaving Moscow
> for Dusseldorf.
>
> From Russia with love,
>
> Vladimir Bondarenko
>
> Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
>

> http://www.cybertester.com/Cyber Tester Ltd.

> "We must understand that technologies
> like these are the way of the future."

> On 16 ÆÅ×, 18:42, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
>
> > Professor Richard J. Fateman writes
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/ac91eff0c17093c2
>
> > RJF> Happy new year, the first year of the post-cyber tester era.
>
> > On behalf of the growing Cyber Tester's team let me wish
> > Professor Fateman to stay in the best health and keep his
> > inspiring champagne enthusiasm for computer algebra.
>
> > Cheers,
>
> > Vladimir Bondarenko
>
> > Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
>

> >http://www.cybertester.com/šCyber Tester Ltd.

> > "We must understand that technologies
> > like these are the way of the future."

> > On Jan 17, 8:13šam, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hello to CAS customers from far-off CAS-events-rich Simferopol,
>
> > > Ayearago, Jan 16, 2008, I wrote

> > >http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/a2b3bfcfd03818b2
>
> > > Hello the world,
>
> > > 2008 will be theyearofCyberTester.
> > > We will bring you something you have
> > > never seen before us.
>
> > > Cheers,
>
> > > Vladimir Bondarenko
>
> > > VM and GEMM architect
> > > Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
>

> > >http://www.cybertester.com/šCyberTester, LLChttp://maple.bug-list.org/šMaple Bugs Encyclopaediahttp://www.CAS-testing.org/šCAS Testing

> > >http://www.cybertester.com/šCyberTesterLtd.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Apr 29, 2009, 1:53:32 AM4/29/09
Message has been deleted

Chip Eastham

Apr 30, 2009, 3:16:36 PM4/30/09
On Apr 29, 1:53 am, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
> http://www.cybertester.com/Private/Germany-2009/HNF.jpg

I get a 403 - Forbidden error on this URL:

"You don't have permission to access /Private/Germany-2009/HNF.jpg on
this server."

Perhaps this is, in part, a testing strategy?

regards, chip

clicl...@freenet.de

Apr 30, 2009, 4:43:45 PM4/30/09

Chip Eastham schrieb:

I had no problem acecessing it on Thursday at 02:43 GMT+01:00 (for
reference, your message above arrived on Thursday 21:16 GMT+01:00).

The jpg picture is a self-promotion showing Vladimir (I guess it's
him) next to a cybertester ad ("Command the brilliance of a thousand
cocktailed mathematicians") displayed on what looks like an outdoor
ATM purporting to be made by Wincor/Nixdorf, and the file is a
whopping 1.3 MByte in size.

Martin.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jun 15, 2009, 8:23:28 PM6/15/09
At times, I ask myself,

Could some events of my life be a mere
application of the probability theory?

MeAmI.org

Jun 16, 2009, 1:57:49 AM6/16/09

Musatov * Bondarenko | Riemann Hypothesis / Matlab Seed Proof ...2
posts - 1 author - Last post: May 29
Mathematical Directorhttp://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester ...
From: Martin Musatov Date: 25 May, 2009 03:36:14 Message: 2 of 6 ...
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.num-analysis/browse_thread/thread/5d24e88347ab4462

Yet another funny bug in Maple 13...6 posts - Last post: 3 days ago
http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester Ltd. .... Math Forum
Discussions Martin Musatov wrote:> Vladimir Bondarenko ...
http://www.groupsrv.com/science/post-3086746.html

An exact simplification challenge - 91 (eerie PolyGamma) -
comp ...http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester Ltd. ... search
sci.math: "Musatov" and "Eerie". Want to keep going? I enjoy it. It
keeps getting more gratifying ...
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.maple/browse_thread/thread/030521fe65ef689b

Math Forum Discussions Now the gate has opened as recognized proven by
Musatov (2009) ... Bondarenko Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical
Directorhttp://www.cybertester.com/Cyber Tester ...
http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?messageID=6727340&tstart=0

Yet another funny bug in Maple 13 - sci.math | Google Groups6 posts -
4 authors - Last post: 2 days ago
http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester Ltd. ..... Martin Musatov
P=NP Freedom Fighter fighting in Panama with the rebels since
1993. ...
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math/browse_thread/thread/99b528cc71f3bf20/283ee259e71212f4?lnk=raot

Math Forum Discussions Jun 13, 2009 ... http://www.cybertester.com/
Cyber Tester Ltd.
---------------------------------------------------------- ... Martin
Michael Musatov ...
http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=1954511&tstart=0

Discussions - sci.math.symbolic | Google Groups... CEO, Mathematical
Director [link] Cyber Tester Ltd. ... Proof pi is NOT irrational:
[link] Musatov (Inverse 19 Mathematics Co-Creator): not the only
but ...
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic?lnk=rgr

Discussions - sci.math.symbolic | Google Groups10 posts - 9 authors -
Last post: Jun 9
... CEO, Mathematical Director [link] Cyber Tester Ltd. ... Proof pi
is NOT irrational: [link] Musatov (Inverse 19 Mathematics Co-
Creator): ...
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic

Math Forum Discussions Jun 13, 2009 ... http://www.cybertester.com/
Cyber Tester Ltd. > >
---------------------------------------------------------- ... Martin
Michael Musatov ...
http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=6750376&tstart=120

Dave

Jun 22, 2009, 8:14:01 AM6/22/09

probably

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 19, 2009, 2:48:57 PM7/19/09

Maybe within a couple of months I will know
the answer.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 24, 2009, 11:18:19 AM8/24/09
It's painful to see sci.math.symbolic in such a state

Richard Fateman

Aug 24, 2009, 5:39:47 PM8/24/09
Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:
> It's painful to see sci.math.symbolic in such a state

use a better news server. I use nntp.aioe.org and it filters out the
nonsense.

It even filters out all but the most recent "year of Cyber Tester".
Anyway, what year was that, 2007?

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 26, 2009, 2:12:42 AM8/26/09

Vladimir Bondarenko

Sep 27, 2009, 9:10:22 PM9/27/09
Hope to be back reasonably soon.

Meanwhile, going to visit China within the next weeks.

If someone has an experience with this country, could
you please contact me at

v b @ c y b e r t e s t e r . c o m

?

Thanks in advance.

v...@cybertester.com

Oct 20, 2009, 11:16:17 PM10/20/09
The times are not quite easy now.

But I'll be back.

http://www.cybertester.com/Private/DSCN0044.JPG

Vladimir Bondarenko

Nov 23, 2009, 6:06:42 PM11/23/09
> But I'll be back.

The next year.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Dec 20, 2009, 2:25:26 AM12/20/09
On Nov 24, 1:06 am, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
> The next year.

Alive and kickin', making money to be back :)

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jan 24, 2010, 2:41:39 AM1/24/10
The crisis gave us the hard time.
But we came up with a medicine.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Feb 24, 2010, 5:14:38 AM2/24/10
Many a time I was told wrongly I could not achieve this and that...

Vladimir Bondarenko

Mar 22, 2010, 5:59:24 AM3/22/10
Given the current nego status, I hope it would take only a couple of
months to get back.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Apr 20, 2010, 9:50:20 PM4/20/10
A critically important date is Apr 24. Success at this point means a
speedup in the CT return.

MeM

Apr 20, 2010, 10:01:31 PM4/20/10
On Apr 20, 6:50 pm, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
> A critically important date is Apr 24. Success at this point means a
> speedup in the CT return.

Results 1 - 10 for speedup in the CT return.. (0.33 seconds)

Governor Rowland: Governor Rowland, Speaker Lyons Announce Plans ...
Mar 1, 2004 ...
Governor Rowland, Speaker Lyons Announce Plans to Speed Up
Purchases ...
Return to CT.Gov Home ...
STATE OF CONNECTICUT EXECUTIVE CHAMBERS ...
www.ct.gov/governorrowland/cwp/view.asp?A=1551&Q=271942
[PATCH] invoke_handler speedup
Jan 24, 1998 ...
Subject, [PATCH] invoke_handler speedup ...
+ pw ++; + } else { + ph->hr.content_type = ct; + ph->hr.handler =
handp->handler; ...
DECLINED) + return result; + } } return NOT_IMPLEMENTED; @@ -1300,6
+1354,7 @@ for (m ...
mail-archives.apache.org/...
/%3CPine.LNX.3.95dg3.980...@twinlark.arctic.org
%3E
[PDF] Programming Option Pricing Financial Models with Ct File Format:
PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
by K Contributors - 2007 - Related articles
This is the return the underlying assets could earn if they
were .....
the 8X single core speedup: First, Ct has a very fast, vectorized
implementation of a ...
techresearch.intel.com/userfiles/en-us/File/...
/Ct-appnote-option-pricing.pdf
Speed Up Your Job Search - job site, media/new media, banking on Shine
Apr 17, 2010 ...
Speed Up Your Job Search - job site, media/new media, banking ...
jobs in Broward Estates FL, paralegal schools ct, s hospital jobs, job
search lafayette louisiana, ...
Return to the page from #1 and login if prompted ...
shine.yahoo.com/...
/speed-up-your-job-search-job-site-media-new-media-banking-1292030/
Do Labour Market Programmes Speed up the Return to Work?*Do Labour
Market Programmes Speed up the. Return to Work?*. Knut RŲed and
OddbjŲrn Raaum. The Ragnar Frisch Centre of Economic Research, Oslo,
Norway ...
doi.wiley.com/10.1111/j.1468-0084.2006.00177.x
Speed Up Your Job Search , find training, marketing/advertising/pr ...
Apr 18, 2010 ...
Speed Up Your Job Search , find training, marketing/advertising/pr,
it, part-time and other ... Managed Care Vice President job in
Connecticut, Warehouse Worker jobs ....
Return to the page from #1 and login if prompted ...
shine.yahoo.com/...
/speed-up-your-job-search-find-training-marketing-advertising-pr-it-
part-time-and-other-1282827/
UK - Welcome to XBRLTo speed up the production of CT Returns by
filers. · To enable improved decision-support for the Inland Revenue.
· To enable a reduction in the data ...
www.xbrl.org/nmpxbrl.aspx?id=114
Speed Up Your Job Search , find telecom industry jobs, education ...
Apr 16, 2010 ...
Speed Up Your Job Search , find telecom industry jobs, education,
pharmacy technician ...
Security Officer jobs in Jewett CT, Administrative Assistant in Toccoa
GA, ....
Return to the page from #1 and login if prompted ...
shine.yahoo.com/...
/speed-up-your-job-search-find-telecom-industry-jobs-education-
pharmacy-technician-1289432/
Sample Driver's Test Questions 2B) Speed up and get out of the way. C)
Maintain your speed. ...
D) Slow down and let them safely return to the drive lane. Question
14: When you approach a ...
C) 15 feet. D) 20 feet. For more information, please see CT Driver's
Manual. ...
www.dmvct.state.ct.us/optstq2.htm
Speed Up Your Job Search , find strategic management jobs ...
Apr 16, 2010 ...
Speed Up Your Job Search , find strategic management jobs, education,
pharmacy technician ... Dealer in Oriental Carpets job in Connecticut,
Security Officer jobs in ....
Return to the page from #1 and login if prompted ...
shine.yahoo.com/...
/speed-up-your-job-search-find-strategic-management-jobs-education-
pharmacy-technician-1289314/
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Vladimir Bondarenko

Apr 26, 2010, 7:12:36 PM4/26/10
Success.

Vladimir Bondarenko

May 23, 2010, 9:49:16 AM5/23/10
It's still a bit difficult to plan the future
but anyways we got a stabilization.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jun 23, 2010, 4:07:35 PM6/23/10
The VM machine keeps testing the Rubi.

http://www.apmaths.uwo.ca/~arich/

More about our plans in a month.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 21, 2010, 2:11:51 PM7/21/10
We have learnt making money;
be back within 2010.

We already have the unique Rubi
QA results from the VM machine.

More about our plans in a month.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 21, 2010, 4:00:56 PM8/21/10

Rubi2 is quite raw and buggy.

Peter Luschny

Aug 21, 2010, 5:41:19 PM8/21/10
On 21 Aug., 22:00, Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:

> > We already have the unique Rubi
> > QA results from the VM machine.
> > More about our plans in a month.
>

> > On Jun 23, 11:07 pm, Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:
>
> > > The VM machine keeps testing the Rubi.
> > >http://www.apmaths.uwo.ca/~arich/
> > > More about our plans in a month.
>
> Rubi2 is quite raw and buggy.

But this is fantastic news. Now look what it implies:
You can demonstrate the power of the VM to the world!

We can proceed as follows. Provided that Albert agrees
we set up a special interest group for implementing
Rubi on MathPiper and with your and cybertester.com's
support we develop a bug-free symbolic integration solver,
perhaps the best one!

What an opportunity to show the world the power
of VM's QA! Come on Vladimir, join the party!

Best, Peter

Vladimir Bondarenko

Aug 22, 2010, 5:08:25 AM8/22/10
On Aug 22, 12:41 am, Peter Luschny <peter.lusc...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

Hi Peter,

Great to see your idea! Actually, we are
considering a couple of plans that you
might like :)

Best,

Vladimir

Vladimir Bondarenko

Sep 20, 2010, 3:28:40 PM9/20/10
"be back within 2010."

Yes.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Sep 20, 2010, 3:32:16 PM9/20/10

Vladimir Bondarenko

Oct 22, 2010, 8:00:40 AM10/22/10
If you think the VM machine yields
some outstanding results in Rubi QA,
right you are. All in good time.

clicl...@freenet.de

Oct 22, 2010, 2:42:30 PM10/22/10

Vladimir Bondarenko schrieb:

> If you think the VM machine yields
> some outstanding results in Rubi QA,
> right you are. All in good time.

Do we have reasons to think so? May I suggest you provide some?

Martin.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Oct 23, 2010, 4:29:13 PM10/23/10
There are at least dozens types of bugs in Rubi 2.
Here comes an edited snippet of one of the logs.

---- Rubi2-IndInt-Hold.txt; created by VM 0.8.6 at 10/22/2010 8:27:56
AM -------------------
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$100823,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 8:30:30
AM ...............................
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$101716,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 8:32:58
AM ...............................
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$100823,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 8:35:35
AM ...............................

---- Rubi2-IndInt-Hold.txt; created by VM 0.8.6 at 10/22/2010 9:22:13
AM -------------------
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$100133,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 9:24:41
AM ...............................
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$100133,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 9:27:24
AM ...............................
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$101716,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 9:29:42
AM ...............................

---- Rubi2-IndInt-Hold.txt; created by VM 0.8.6 at 10/22/2010 9:41:08
AM -------------------
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$101488,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 9:43:27
AM ...............................
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$102299,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 9:46:52
AM ...............................
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$102989,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 9:50:36
AM ...............................
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$101488,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 9:52:55
AM ...............................
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$101488,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 9:56:08
AM ...............................
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$101488,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 9:58:44
AM ...............................
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$101488,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 10:01:24
AM ...............................
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$101488,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 10:03:43
AM ...............................

---- Rubi2-IndInt-Hold.txt; created by VM 0.8.6 at 10/22/2010 12:03:20
PM -------------------
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$119197,z]]
........................... 10/22/2010 1:06:26
PM ...............................

---- Rubi2-IndInt-Hold.txt; created by VM 0.8.6 at 10/22/2010 8:35:54
PM -------------------
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*Subst[Hold[Int[v
$124869,z]],z,z]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
........................... 10/22/2010 8:50:26
PM ...............................

---- Rubi2-IndInt-Hold.txt; created by VM 0.8.6 at 10/23/2010 8:26:42
PM -------------------
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hold[Int[v$864283,z]]
........................... 10/23/2010 10:24:16
PM ...............................

Message has been deleted

clicl...@freenet.de

Oct 25, 2010, 3:05:11 PM10/25/10

Albert Rich schrieb:

> On Oct 23, 10:29 am, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
>
> > There are at least dozens types of bugs in Rubi 2.
> > Here comes an edited snippet of one of the logs.
>
> Your "edited snippet" doesn't make any sense to me. Please elaborate.

As no explanation appeared to be forthcoming my dear long-time friend
Watson has alerted me to this case.

The mysterious "edited snippet" shows 16 letter sequences of the type
"Hold[Int[v$nnnnnn,z]]", which are accompanied by dates and times spread
over roughly four hours and a half of a single day, the 22nd of October.

The snippet has been implied to refer to results produced by the Rubi2
integrator. These 16 sequences should therefore represent abortive
integration attempts by this integrator, since they are evidently
meaningless to anybody not familiar with whatever integration procedures
are employed by Rubi2.

I am forced to conclude that adverse circumstances are repeatedly
interrupting Rubi2 in the course of its work when the integration is
performed under the supervision of the eminent Dr. Bondarenko. It
further appears that such integrator failures occur at a fairly constant
rate of about four instances per hour under the particular conditions
imposed.

Holmes.

It is loading more messages.