First world's man+machine based Maple review is here (beta 0.1)

Vladimir Bondarenko

May 30, 2005, 2:20:46 PM5/30/05
Hello potential Maple 10 customers all over the world,

Within the framework of our Maple Bugs Tour de Force,
please find an early beta release of a unique document
based on a close man/computer cooperation,

Man+machine review of Maple crisis: 1993-2004

http://maple.bug-list.org/Mapl-eCrisis-Review-01.pdf [16 Mb]

This document is large enough, and it is by design. An
integral part of our Review is a selected set of Maple
bugs calculated automatically by our GEMM/VM machines.

We considered making a shorter document but gradually
came to a definite feeling that attempts to shorten
it could be likened to an attempt of retelling Hamlet
in a single sentence, They all killed each other :)

Our next step, a demo of automated prediction of a set
of Maple 10 bugs made on the basis of bugs calculated
in earlier Maple versions, is coming in the immediate
future.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
Cyber Tester, LLC
13 Dekabristov Str, Simferopol
Crimea 95000, Ukraine

tel: +38-(0652)-447325
tel: +38-(0652)-230243
tel: +38-(0652)-523144
fax: +38-(0652)-510700

http://www.cybertester.com/
http://maple.bug-list.org/
http://www.CAS-testing.org/

J DUDLEY

May 30, 2005, 4:59:45 PM5/30/05
A better URL is http://maple.bug-list.org/Maple-Crisis-Review-01.pdf

If you wish to criticise MapleSoft's QA procedures it helps to make sure
your own output is also QA-ed. If you don't get this right, what else have
you got wrong?

"Vladimir Bondarenko" <v...@cybertester.com> wrote in message

Klueless

May 30, 2005, 7:04:40 PM5/30/05
> URL is http://maple.bug-list.org/Maple-Crisis-Review-01.pdf

Seldom, if ever, have I encountered a document like Vladimir's
"Man+Machine Review of Maple Crisis: 1993-2004. Part I" before.
It really is the work of an artist. There are many nutrient morsels
here for Maple developers and management to digest. My few
suggestions are:
(1) Use the same bug numbering scheme in the final version
as on your web site http://maple.bug-list.org Currently, I read
"BUG # XXXXX" where I could be reading "BUG # 1234" etc.
You can URL link each bug in your document to a web site page.
(2) With respect to the sanctity of this Hamlet-like masterpiece,
I still think there is room for some summary checklist table and
graphs illustrating at what pace Maple development has progressed
or regressed as you claim on various categories of bugs or a
list of your 100 favorite howlers. Imagine more nicely formatted
versions of

MAPLE VERSION
BUG VR5 8 9.5.1
#1 X X X page#, url link
#2 X X page#, url link
#3 X page#, url link

LIMIT BUGS IN MAPLE
AS FUNCTION OF MAPLE VERSION

*
* *
* *
** ***
********

(3) Examples are mostly Maple 9.5.1, but readers will want
your reports on Maple 10 which is now available.

Roman Pearce

Jun 2, 2005, 7:01:03 PM6/2/05
I can't seem to download this report. I get a 404 error.

proportional

Jun 3, 2005, 4:27:41 AM6/3/05
Try to download MapleCrisis-Review-01.pdf instead of
Maple-Crisis-Review-01.pdf

Message has been deleted