[Mathematica] Has anyone used Mathematica Notebook to PDF conversion portal based on webMathematica?

Nasser Abbasi

Dec 15, 2006, 4:48:57 AM12/15/06
I was wondering if any one used this service before? You are supposed to be
able to use it to convert a notebook to PDF.

But when I use it, after the notebook is uploaded, then nothing happens. I
get just back a blank HTML screen? Here is the URL

http://library.wolfram.com/Explore/Publishing/NBtoPDF.jsp

How is one supposed to get back the PDF file??

I sure hope the above is not an typical example of the best of
webMathematica :)

Nasser

Jean-Marc Gulliet

Dec 15, 2006, 6:16:08 AM12/15/06
Nasser Abbasi wrote:
> I was wondering if any one used this service before? You are supposed to be
> able to use it to convert a notebook to PDF.
>
> But when I use it, after the notebook is uploaded, then nothing happens. I
> get just back a blank HTML screen? Here is the URL
>
> http://library.wolfram.com/Explore/Publishing/NBtoPDF.jsp
>
> How is one supposed to get back the PDF file??

Hi Nasser,

I have just tried the URL you mentioned. I used the "browse" button to
point to the notebook I wanted to convert, then clicked on the "submit"
button, and, after a few seconds, a new page was displayed starting with
the text "Click on the following link to obtain your PDF document:" (in
very small characters in my browser).

The following link just mention above was centered in the middle of the
page and called "result.pdf". I click on it and a new window displaying
the converted document appeared afer another few seconds.

The notebook I used was pretty small and did not have any graphics.
Perhaps size and/or contents of the notebook might be an issue.

HTH,
Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc Gulliet

Dec 15, 2006, 6:28:21 AM12/15/06

Just an afterthought. Converting Mathematica notebooks (and any kind of
printable documents) into PDF files could be better achieve by using a
software such as PrimoPDF.

Have a look at http://www.primopdf.com/

PrimoPDF is free and creates a virtual printer that will convert any
output to the printer port into a PDF file.

Regards,
Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc Gulliet

Dec 15, 2006, 6:32:55 AM12/15/06

I have just tried with a bigger notebook and after several minutes I got
a blank screen rather than the page with the link to the converted
document. Size matters!

Regards,
Jean-Marc