First Irish GPS Stash

nos...@ireland.com

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
A new GPS stash has been created on Bray Head, County Wicklow,
Ireland.

The co-ordinates are :-

53 11.477' N
06 04.804' W

The stash contains insect repellent, books, cigarette lighter,
a one pound coin (which will be an historic artifact in 2 years
time with the introduction of Euro notes and coins), notebook
and pen, and it's in a location with a nice view of the Irish
Sea.

Enjoy!

(Is this the first European Stash? I've noticed that this particular
sport seems to be very slow on the uptake in Europe...).

Chris.
--
Chris O'Byrne
email.me.at.obyrne.at.iol.dot.ie.except.spammers

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Brendan Kehoe

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
I'll be sure to stop by when in the area. :)

Now, to get together some for mine.

It will be on Carrigbyrne Hill anyway - not marked on some maps, but on the
Ordnance Survey ones.

Brendan.

Mike Teague

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
it's only been a month since it all started, remember :)

we only need one in africa, asia and antartica and we've got all the
continents covered.. hmmn antartica may be a while :)

Mike Teague - http://www.triax.com/yngwie
GPS Stash Hunt Homepage - http://www.triax.com/yngwie/gps.html

Alan Hennessy

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
Congratulations Chris !!!!!

And for the info of everyone, apologies for my tardiness in updating the
GeoCache HQ page at
http://www.braveheart.com.au. It will be done by this time tomorrow......
heaps of other work
commitments that are now finished.

Alan

Pieter Litchfield

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
This sounds like fun... Is there a set of "rules" for creating a stash? How
can the creator be certain of the stash's exact position - I'm assuming thir
GPS is no more accurate that any other

Alan Hennessy <al...@braveheart.com.au> wrote in message

Mike Teague

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
there are no rules really.. the stash creator makes the rules.. one general
rule has been, if you take something , leave something...

they are certain of the stash's positiion because they are using a GPS :) it
is accurate enough with no SA..

GPS Stash Hunt (Geocache) Homepage - http://www.triax.com/yngwie/gps.html