Billy Graham Memorial COS

Coordinor

May 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/15/00

The Billy Graham Memorial Circle Offset Stash (COS) is now in position at the
following coordinates:

N45 17.060 W122 25.638 WSG84

This COS is located at the historical site of Billy Graham's Aircraft Lookout
that he used to support the war effort in W.W.II. He built a wooden ladder up
a large fir tree and built his lookout platform. Billy spent years during the
war perched atop his lookout watching for Japanese planes that could be
attacking the United States. He would have been an early warning of the next
Pearl Harbor like raid if that had come.

Today you can visit this site by hiking, biking, or horseback (motor vehicles
excluded). On arrival you will need to determine the height of the Lookout
Tree in order to find the stash. I used the aid of a spirit level and think I
figured the height to within + or - 10 feet. I then used the GPS to locate
the stash just that distance from the lookout tree. It could be in any
direction so it may take you a while to find it. The stash is in a white
bucket, easy to see as you get near it.

Stash contains: Polaroid Camera, Seltzer Bottle, Film, Batteries, and Beer.
Have one on me!!

If you can't find it the consolation prize is that Stash #1 is only 0.82
miles to the east and you can drive right to it.

See pictures of the site on the GPS Stash Hunt Homepage at:

www.triax.com/yngwie/gps.html

Have Fun!

Coordi