GPS Stash Hunt: The Divine Stashes !

Dave

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00

Divine Stashes, those are the ones with the zeros! I'm heading
out tomorrow to try and place N45 0.000 W123 0.000. They're
tricky, you don't have a choice of where to hide it... Check out
that location, do you think I'll get it down?

Oh how I wish I could put a divine stash on the equator.

Dave...

Hans-Georg Michna

May 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/8/00
Dave <news2you...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>Oh how I wish I could put a divine stash on the equator.

Dave,

HA, great idea! I'll be there next month and will have a good
look one or two of the divine locations, somehwere around Mt.
Kenya, east Africa.

Hans-Georg
_______________
No mail please.

Thomas Schmidt

May 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/8/00
Dave wrote:

> Divine Stashes, those are the ones with the zeros! I'm heading
> out tomorrow to try and place N45 0.000 W123 0.000. They're
> tricky, you don't have a choice of where to hide it... Check out
> that location, do you think I'll get it down?

Well, you have several datums to choose from, so if
N45 0.000 W123 0.000 WGS84 is already occupied by a big rock,
you might try N45 0.000 W123 0.000 Kandawala instead...

Thomas Schmidt e-mail: sch...@hoki.ibp.fhg.de

Dave

May 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/8/00
Well, I hope you get the distinction of having set the first
devine stash on the equator! The Race is On!

Be sure and take a picture of the area and post it on the net!

Hans-Georg Michna

May 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/8/00
Dave <news2you...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>Well, I hope you get the distinction of having set the first
>devine stash on the equator! The Race is On!
>
>Be sure and take a picture of the area and post it on the net!

Dave,

I won't promise anything other than that I will try to do it. I
may not find the time. But the idea is witty.

Hans-Georg

p.s. Just looking at the map---37° E is on a military airfield
(Laikipia Airbase, the most important military airport of
KenyaI). I may not be able to put a stash there.

34° is exactly on the shore of Lake Victoria. Interesting.

35° is a bit out of the way, in difficult terrain, on a steep
slope apparently.

36° may be near my way. It's also near a little airfield
(Lomoro), possibly in some agricultural fields. Let's see.

38° to 40° are progressively drier and less inhabited. Very
remote places. I doubt that I or anybody else would go there
just for a GPS stash. I'll have a closer look at 38° on a more
detailed map when I find one.
No mail please.