Glueing a penny to a rock...

瀏覽次數:68 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Coordinor

未讀,
2000年5月11日 凌晨3:00:002000/5/11
收件者:
I see that in order to make the Stamped Offset Stash (SOS) system work on
stone monuments or similar structures some augmentation is required. My
feeling at this time is that it would be most advisable to stamp the offset
coordinates into a penny and then glue it to the base of the monument in an
inconspicuous place. Fast acting epoxy glue would work well and still be
removable in case the stash was abolished due to development in the area.

One glued penny is all that is needed to find the stash. Stamp the radial
distance on the penny, then glue the penny to the rock at a location that
points in the direction of the stash.

Lets all glue pennies to rocks now!

Coordi

--

jerryjudy

未讀,
2000年5月11日 凌晨3:00:002000/5/11
收件者:
In article <YqCS4.44$N7....@sea-read.news.verio.net>, "Coordinor"
<news...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I wonder what reason future alien archeologists will come up with for this
strange behavior, millions of years from now? ;)

Jerry

Andrew McKenzie

未讀,
2000年5月12日 凌晨3:00:002000/5/12
收件者:
jerryjudy <jerbid...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message >

> I wonder what reason future alien archeologists will come up with for this
> strange behavior, millions of years from now? ;)

The same as always...religious ritual. I found this refrence while browsing
through copies of 'Archeology Today' in the public library on the planet
XXaargh, on a recent intergalactic time travel trip.

'Evidence for ritual sacrifice on planet R997 (Earth)

The presence of small base metal circles, found attatched to a high
percentage of rocks on this small planet, is indicative of the primitive
tribes that inhabited this planet's ritual sacrifice to their primitive
deity (the god Dolla?). The circles were probably left by wandering
acolytes of technology worshipers, who used a charactersitic ritual walk,
with their head bowed and eyes focused on small talismans (usually of the
demon Gaarm or Maag) that were thought to mystically embody knowledge of
their position in the universe. When the acolytes, failing to look where
they were going because they were worshiping their talisman, bumped into
rocks they rapidly made a sacrifice to the god Dolla, by affixing a ritual
token to the rock. This token acted as an omen of good fortune to other
acolytes that would seek out the same spots by praying to their talismans.
There is some evidence that this cult was particularly active 4.345678
million urgs ago when the forces of the monster Sa, that had held the
acolytes of Gaarm and Maag from ataining full knowledge, were defeated'

Coordinor

未讀,
2000年5月13日 凌晨3:00:002000/5/13
收件者:
Bravo!! Excellent Piece!!!

Matthew T. Russotto

In article <391bf...@news.nwl.ac.uk>,

Andrew McKenzie <A.Mck...@bgs.ac.uk> wrote:
}
}'Evidence for ritual sacrifice on planet R997 (Earth)
}
}The presence of small base metal circles, found attatched to a high
}percentage of rocks on this small planet, is indicative of the primitive
}tribes that inhabited this planet's ritual sacrifice to their primitive
}deity (the god Dolla?). The circles were probably left by wandering
}acolytes of technology worshipers, who used a charactersitic ritual walk,
}with their head bowed and eyes focused on small talismans (usually of the
}demon Gaarm or Maag) that were thought to mystically embody knowledge of
}their position in the universe.

ROTFL. Alas, there is apparently some heathen cult out harming our
artifacts. There is naught but a hole in the ground where KV1838
should be. KV3725 and its references have been destroyed or perhaps
well-buried. KV1898 has been forcibly removed from the bridge post in
which it was implanted, leaving behind a steel rod and an indentation
in the concrete as witness to the crime. There is a concrete monument
where the one called EAKIN should be, but it is upended and no disk is
apparent. The marker KV1837 has been covered with vines and such, and
may no longer be approached without a machete.
--
Matthew T. Russotto russ...@pond.com
of justice is no virtue."

Alan Browne

未讀,
2000年5月14日 凌晨3:00:002000/5/14
收件者:
Well done!

Andrew McKenzie wrote:

> jerryjudy <jerbid...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message >
> > I wonder what reason future alien archeologists will come up with for this
> > strange behavior, millions of years from now? ;)
> >
> The same as always...religious ritual. I found this refrence while browsing
> through copies of 'Archeology Today' in the public library on the planet
> XXaargh, on a recent intergalactic time travel trip.
>

> 'Evidence for ritual sacrifice on planet R997 (Earth)
>
> The presence of small base metal circles, found attatched to a high
> percentage of rocks on this small planet, is indicative of the primitive
> tribes that inhabited this planet's ritual sacrifice to their primitive
> deity (the god Dolla?). The circles were probably left by wandering
> acolytes of technology worshipers, who used a charactersitic ritual walk,
> with their head bowed and eyes focused on small talismans (usually of the
> demon Gaarm or Maag) that were thought to mystically embody knowledge of

Bert Hyman

未讀,
2000年5月16日 凌晨3:00:002000/5/16
收件者:
A.Mck...@bgs.ac.uk (Andrew McKenzie) wrote in
<391bf...@news.nwl.ac.uk>:

>jerryjudy <jerbid...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message >
>> I wonder what reason future alien archeologists will come up with
>> for this strange behavior, millions of years from now? ;)
>>
>The same as always...religious ritual. I found this refrence while
>browsing through copies of 'Archeology Today' in the public library
>on the planet XXaargh, on a recent intergalactic time travel trip.
>
>'Evidence for ritual sacrifice on planet R997 (Earth)

You've got to find yourself a copy of David Macaulay's "Motel of the
Mysteries" (he's the guy who did "Pyramid", "City", "Cathedral" and
"Underground" among others), describing the excavation of the
“Toot‘n’Cmon” shrine.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | be...@visi.com

0 則新訊息