FM Traffic (TTN) vs MSN Direct Traffic

Jack Yeazel

Nov 8, 2007, 12:02:38 PM11/8/07
For a couple of months I've been comparing these two traffic
sources in the Atlanta area with a nuvi 660 (TTN) and a 680
(MSN Direct)...

Well here, MSN Direct obviously uses more of the traffic
monitoring stations than TTN, resulting in a more-detailed
display of changing traffic conditions... As for "reality",
MSN Direct also seems superior...

(Not to mention that you also get Gasoline Prices, Weather
Forecasts, and Movie Schedules (not available with TTN) for
$50 a year as compared to $60 for TTN)... -And pardon for
"beating this dead horse", you get one year trial
subscription with MSN Direct as compared to three months
with TTN..

I'm wondering if anyone else has compared these two traffic
options and what their results were...

Thanks,
--
Jack

Get general GPS information at:
http://www.gpsinformation.net/

Rich

Nov 12, 2007, 11:08:49 AM11/12/07
On Nov 8, 9:02 am, Jack Yeazel <j...@finalapproach.net> wrote:
> For a couple of months I've been comparing these two traffic
> sources in the Atlanta area with a nuvi 660 (TTN) and a 680
> (MSN Direct)...

<SNIP>

> I'm wondering if anyone else has compared these two traffic
> options and what their results were...

Jack,

My experience is limited by the fact that I live in a rural area and
only get to test these services on occasional trips to the city.
Nevertheless, when I tested a nuvi 680 with MSN Direct services, it
did seem more accurate than other TMC systems that I've tried. FWIW.

Rich Owings
http://gpstracklog.typepad.com
http://gpstrackingsystems.biz
http://gpsjobmarket.com