Fox lies about GW

Lloyd Parker

May 22, 2006, 8:08:00 AM5/22/06
Anybody see the Fox News channel program on global warming last night? (10
PM). A total propaganda piece from start to finish. Inhofe featured
prominently, and Christy and Spencer. Lomborg praised. People who disagree
with this approach called "alarmists" repeatedly. Models derided as no good.
They said the earth was warmer in Roman times and in Middle Ages. Totally
unprofessional. I've e-mailed them a complaint, and I encourage others to do
so as well.

DustyB

May 22, 2006, 2:22:27 PM5/22/06
Thanks for the tip, I did. Sent them kudos for countering the
hysterical shrieking of displaced eco-nuts, the insipid braying of
the left with rabid anti-US propaganda, and not genuflecting at the
alter of GW stupidity--leaving that to those that will never know
any better...

DB
--

"Lloyd Parker" <lpa...@emory.edu> wrote in message

Lloyd Parker

May 22, 2006, 10:44:15 AM5/22/06
In article <12740b8...@corp.supernews.com>,

"DustyB" <npo...@innerREMOVETHISlodge.com> wrote:
>Thanks for the tip, I did. Sent them kudos for countering the
>hysterical shrieking of displaced eco-nuts, the insipid braying of
>the left with rabid anti-US propaganda, and not genuflecting at the
>alter of GW stupidity--leaving that to those that will never know
>any better...

I bet you'd love a show about the earth being 6000 years old too then.

>DB

Jik Bombo

May 22, 2006, 6:30:51 PM5/22/06

"Lloyd Parker" <lpa...@emory.edu> wrote in message

> They said the earth was warmer in Roman times and in Middle Ages.

Was it?

NobodyYouKnow

May 22, 2006, 11:33:31 PM5/22/06

"Jik Bombo" <jikb...@reality.net> wrote in message

There is no evidence to show it. Western Europe, yes, but not the world.

John Christy is known associate of TASSC Organized Crime

May 23, 2006, 2:21:08 AM5/23/06

http://ecosyn.us/adti/Christy/John_Christy_CEI.html

John Christy

Associate of known TASSC science-fraud felons Patrick J. Michaels, and
Steve Milloy, also continuous association with felony fraud organized
crime operation APCO Associates. Court records ordered to be publically
posted online for the nation to see unequivically shows that TASSC was
conceived as a criminal fraud operation by Philip Morris Tobacco and
engaged in a years-long series of public deceptions using compliant
science-hoaxers known as "whitecoats" by the crime masterminds and
moneybags.

Christy uses the "TASSC METHOD" of inserting errors into the public
record, which when caught are reluctantly retracted, but the false
results are quoted endlessly into the future by collaborative
operators. [Background evidence passed through due process in a Federal
Court of Law establishing the criminal fraud nature of TASSC has been
ordered posted online on the internet by the judge so that every
citizen can examine this evidence of fraud for themselves. The trial
ended with $280,000,000,000 settlement by the tobacco paymasters, so
this is hardly a trial which wasn't fought tooth & nail. This is a very
partial listing of evidence. Links: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11,
12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29,
30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, ... Fred Singer Euro-TASSC 276, 277, 278,
279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, ... Heidelberg Appeal
304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, ... Milloy TASSC 356, 357, 358,
359, 360, 361, 362, ...]

---------------
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Christy
Satellite temperature record
Christy became famous as early as 1993 [creation of TASSC] for
claiming the global temperature was actually decreasing based on the
"more accurate" satellite data. But others over the years have shown
errors in his interpretation of the data which has slowly and
consistently increased his results. This is in addition to the
improving accuracy of the short data set [4] (it begins in December
1978). In 1997 his testimony to the Committee on Environment and Public
Works pointed out that his (and Dr. Roy Spencer's) data indicated a
decrease in global temperature. Before the same committe in 2001, he
stated it was at an increase that was "a rate less than a third that
observed at the surface" at 0.045 C/decade and it showed "remarkable
consistency between independent measurements [by radiosonde] of these
upper air temperatures". In 2003 before the U.S. House Committee on
Resources he stated his data was "less than half of the warming
observed at the surface." In 2004 his published results showed a 0.08
C/decade increase. A new error in his interpretation of the data found
in 2005 has now increased his results by 60% in only a year to 0.13
C/decade but he still claims "all radiosonde comparisons have been
rerun and the agreement is still exceptionally good" [5] as was claimed
in 2001 when his results were 1/3 as high as now.
---------------
http://mediamatters.org/items/200605190003
Fri, May 19, 2006 10:35am EST
In new global warming special, Fox News interviews scientists with
industry ties, records of misinformation ---------------

Fox News employs Executive Director of TASSC, Steve Milloy.
No reputable and law-abiding organization will have any TASSC fraudster
on their payroll, or quote them, or give them a platform. Christy's
affiliation with organizations employing TASSC fraudsters is beyond
accidental coincidence.

---------------
http://timlambert.org/2005/07/spencer/comment-page-3/
Fri 1 Jul 2005
Significant errors found in global warming study
Posted by Tim Lambert under science

http://timlambert.org/2004/08/gwarming/
Thu 12 Aug 2004
"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do,
Sir?"
Posted by Tim Lambert under science
---------------

FACTSHEET: The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition, TASSC
--- KEY PEOPLE: S. Fred Singer, Science Advisor; Patrick J. Michaels,
Science Advisor; Steven Milloy, Director/Founder of Advancement of
Sound Science Coalition; Frederick Seitz, Science Advisor.
FACTSHEET: The Advancement of Sound Science Center, Inc., TASSC
--- KEY PEOPLE: Steven Milloy, Publisher, JunkScience.con; Bonner
Cohen, Board of Directors.

http://www.exxonsecrets.org/html/orgfactsheet.php?id=2
FACTSHEET: Competitive Enterprise Institute, CEI
John Christy Contributing Writer
Steven Milloy Adjunct Analyst (TASSC)
http://www.exxonsecrets.org/html/personfactsheet.php?id=903
FACTSHEET: John Christy
ORGANIZATIONS
--- Competitive Enterprise Institute John Christy, Steven Milloy
(TASSC)
--- Cato Institute KEY PEOPLE: Patrick J. Michaels, Senior Fellow,
Environmental Studies (TASSC); S. Fred Singer, Editorial Advisory Board
(TASSC); Steven Milloy, Adjunct Scholar (TASSC); John Christy,
Conference Speaker; Robert C. Balling Jr., Conference Speaker; Richard
Lindzen, Contributing Writer, Reason Magazine.
--- Independent Institute KEY PEOPLE: David R. Legates, former Research
Fellow; Frederick Seitz, Research Fellow (TASSC); S. Fred Singer,
Research Fellow (TASSC); John Christy, Panel on Global Warming

Graphic of key relationships with John Christy and Competitive
Enterprise Institute and TASSC Fraudsters and other key operatives.
http://www.exxonsecrets.org/index.php?mapid=561

* --- John Christy contributed to a book by CEI-TASSC Fraudster
Patrick J. Michaels. http://snipurl.com/qtrm Google Results about 77
for "John Christy" Shattered Consensus : The True State of Global
Warming.
* Table of contents for Shattered consensus : the true state of
global warming / edited by Patrick J. Michaels.
* --- John Christy is used on the book cover and sales pitch for a
book published by Competitive Enterprise Institute, authored by Ronald
Bailey (CEI Adjunct Analyst), Global Warming and Other Eco Myths: How
the Environmental Movement Uses False Science to Scare Us to Death
* --- Google has 120 links to CEI.org website using John Christy's
"erroneous data", and has not corrected them or retracted them.
http://snipurl.com/qtt0 Google Results about 120 from www.cei.org for
"John Christy" "Patrick J. Michaels" | "Competitive Enterprise
Institute".
* --- John Christy is used on the book cover and sales pitch for a
book published by Cato Institute, authored by Cato-CEI-TASSC Fraudster
Patrick J. Michaels. Meltdown : The Predictable Distortion of Global
Warming by Scientists, Politicians, and the Media.
* --- TASSC operative S. Fred Singer's SEPP website has 35 webpages
with Christy's erroneous data, which has never been corrected or
retracted. http://snipurl.com/qttt Google Results 1 - 35 from
www.sepp.org for "John Christy" SEPP.
* --- TASSC operative Frederick Seitz, and longtime partner with
Singer in SEPP, was president of the George C. Marshall Institute.
http://snipurl.com/qttx Google Results 7 from www.marshall.org for
"John Christy" Marshall Institute. Webpages propagating 'erroneous"
data from John Christy have never been corrected or retracted.
* --- TASSC operative Steve Milloy's Junkscience website has
Christy's Junk Science. http://snipurl.com/qtum Google Results 45 from
junkscience.com for "John Christy". Webpages propagating "erroneous"
junk science from John Christy have never been corrected or retracted.
--- Heartland Institute controlled website connects John Christy
to a known TASSC Organized Crime operation, APCO Associates --
http://www.climatesearch.com/newsDetail.cfm?nwsId=54 -- With TASSC
Singer, TASSC Michaels, and TASSC Seitz involvement. APCO created TASSC
as a fraud operation, and still maintains ties with the operative
"whitecoats".
* --- CEI-Registered website www.globalwarming.org has 40 webpages
with John Christy's "erroneous" data. http://snipurl.com/qtw6 Google
Results about 40 from www.globalwarming.org for GlobalWarming.org "John
Christy". Webpages propagating "erroneous" junk science from John
Christy have never been corrected or retracted.
* --- CEI-Registered website
http://www.globalwarming.org/sitemap.htm sitemap has two links that go
off-site to TASSC-Ally Fred Seitz's old lair at George C. Marshall
Institute: Brief Synopsis of the Global Warming Issue, and Guide to
Global Warming - Questions and Answers on Climate Change. The
http://www.globalwarming.org/about.htm pretends that "Consumer Alert"
still exists, but the link is a dead parked page. Further down the page
"National Consumer Coalition" link
http://www.consumeralert.org/ncc/index.htm leads to the same dead
parked page. They are not even trying to keep up appearances of all
their phoney front operations any more. They do have a link to their
roots as tobacco fraudsters from the Good Old Days, in The Smoker's
Club website, with Competitive Enterprise Institute clearly on the
bottom of the page. Who knows how many more fly-by-night websites they
have out there posing as citizen's groups and grassroots coalitions?

John Christy is known associate of TASSC Organized Crime

May 23, 2006, 2:30:23 AM5/23/06

DustyB

May 23, 2006, 5:00:56 AM5/23/06
"Lloyd Parker" <lpa...@emory.edu> wrote in message

Nah! I thought I'd leave that to someone dumb enough to have,
"figured that out"... Why? Were you auditioning for that position?
If yes, I'll see what I can do in the "dill-weed" file to get you to
the front of the line, as you seem to have dotted all of the "i's"
and crossed all of the "T's" needed for consideration...

DB

Jik Bombo

May 23, 2006, 11:40:18 AM5/23/06

"NobodyYouKnow" <TheVoice...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

So, if there is no "evidence", one may interpret the history in any way one
desires.

OK

Lloyd Parker

May 23, 2006, 10:54:20 AM5/23/06
In article <C1Gcg.76858$F_3....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
No evidence Caesar lived either, is there? Just what people wrote.

Lloyd Parker

May 23, 2006, 10:46:00 AM5/23/06
In article <vYqcg.90819$dW3...@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
The warmest years in human history have occurred since 1990. Now, I'm pretty
sure human history includes the Romans.