Climate Misinformation and Contradictions Continue

leona...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2010, 9:20:54 AM1/14/10
to pul...@primus.ca, fis...@rogers.com, ssn...@gmail.com, ariad...@gmail.com, harry....@sympatico.ca, sie...@sympatico.ca, dm...@adaptex.net, ajkgl...@gmail.com
United Kingdom Meteorological Office
were involved in the skullduggery at the
CRU through the Hadley Centre
.o0o.
Climate Misinformation and Contradictions Continue
By Dr. Tim Ball Thursday, January 14, 2010

There is nothing more frightening
than ignorance in action.—Goethe

Extreme cold weather across the Northern Hemisphere drew attention
away from the leaked files from the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) that
showed how the entire work of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate
Change (IPCC) was falsified. The cold simply isn’t supposed to happen.
As Kevin Trenberth of the CRU gang said on 12 October 2009, “The fact
is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it
is a travesty that we can’t.” It’s true only because they can’t hide
the reality.

The cold triggered questions, cartoons and jokes about global warming.
It also forced more denial. Those who claim the cold weather alters
nothing provided the real laugh. Most ridiculous of these came from
the United Kingdom Meteorological Office (UKMO). They were involved in
the skullduggery at the CRU through the Hadley Centre. UKMO is a
major promoter of the IPCC and their former Director Sir John Houghton
left to become a prime mover in the early formation of the IPCC.

UKMO is among the most useless weather bureaus in the world because of
totally failed forecasts and blind adherence to false science. This
was supposed to be a mild winter. Last summer was supposed to be a
“barbecue summer”, and in the previous summer they were equally 100%
wrong.
Now they lecture us on the meaning of current conditions. “The UK Met
Office climate change bureau has issued a stinging attack on the idea
that recent falls in global temperature might mean that global warming
is over or has been exaggerated.”

This parallels in stupidity the claim that the leaked emails of the
Climatic Research Unit (CRU) alter nothing. The statement shows how
ignorant of weather and climate the UKMO people are and why they
consistently fail.
Climate Change is Happening But Not What they Predicted.

Now the pattern of weather is changing and warmer conditions will
replace the cold even possibly with some records. The clowns will
appear and the mainstream media, which ignored Climategate and
downplayed the cold weather, will scream again.

A brief explanation helps understand what caused the cold and why the
patterns change. Figure 1 shows a simple schematic of the major air
divisions for the Northern Hemisphere. It shows a dome of cold air
over the North Pole. There is a similar dome over the South Pole with
warm air in between.

Figure 1: A simple diagram of the major air masses
of the atmosphere; Northern Hemisphere.
Source: Briggson, Smith and Ball.
canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/18950

Under the dome there is negative energy balance because more energy
leaves than enters making it an energy deficit region. This means
temperatures are usually below freezing. Outside the dome more energy
enters than leaves so there is an energy surplus and temperatures are
above freezing. Where the two air masses meet is generally called the
Polar Front. Temperature difference across the Front is significant
and noticeable on a temperature map. Because of the temperature
difference there is a pressure difference, which is most dramatic in
the upper atmosphere. Pressure differences create winds so the
strongest winds in the atmosphere occur above the surface and are
identified as the Jet Stream in Figure 1. Technically it is called the
Circumpolar Vortex. It is along the Polar Front, but because the Front
is a slope they are not coincident when looked on from space.

In the Northern Hemisphere winter the dome expands as less energy from
the sun enters but energy continues to leave. The Front moves toward
the equator with the average winter position at approximately 38°N. In
the summer the dome shrinks and the Front migrates away from the
equator to an average summer position of about 65°N. These are
average positions and are affected by the difference of heating and
cooling between land and water. This means the Front is further toward
the equator over the land in winter and further away over the water in
summer (Figure 2).

Figure 2: The effects of land/water on the average
position of the Polar Front.
canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/18950

Because of deficit energy there are below freezing temperatures inside
the dome and precipitation falls as snow. As a result the movement of
the Front determines the snow cover area year round.

Another important feature in the Front and the Jet Stream are the
development of large waves (Rossby Waves). These take two basic forms
Zonal and Meridional as shown in Figure 3.

Figure 3: Wave forms in the Circumpolar Vortex.
canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/18950

Movements of cold air masses exaggerate the meridional wave pattern,
as the cold air is denser and heavier and pushes the warm air aside.
The most dramatic of these were called continental Arctic (cA) but
some now call them Mobile Polar Highs (MPH). They form when air sits
over a very cold surface but move with the general circulation of the
Circumpolar Vortex.
Increased Variability But A Net Cooling.

Because the world is cooling due to changes in the sun the dome is
larger and the mean winter position of the Polar Front is closer to
the equator and the cold air masses are more intense. This combination
increases the amplitude of the Waves so we saw the cold pushing down
into Florida. It also means the severe storms that track along the
Polar Front migrate much further south bringing snow to Texas and the
Carolinas. The warm air it is pushing holds more moisture therefore
record snowfall results.

Two other consequences follow. The waves tend to slow down in their
west to east movement so the cold remains around longer than normal –
a process weather people call blocking. If you have cold air pushing
toward the equator then you will have a compensation of warm air
pushing further north elsewhere.

Over the next week or so we will see the cold air move east over the
Atlantic and much warmer air will push in from the west even
challenging some records. This will cause alarmists and numbskulls
like the UKMO to claim warming has returned.
— —
| In real science the burden of proof is always
| on the proposer, never on the sceptics. So far
| neither IPCC nor anyone else has provided one
| iota of valid data for global warming nor have
| they provided data that climate change is being
| effected by commerce and industry, and not by
| natural phenomena

broadssailor

Jan 14, 2010, 10:33:39 AM1/14/10

Dr. Harland Bufferaw Ph. D.

Jan 14, 2010, 10:47:01 AM1/14/10
broadssailor wrote
> http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/18950

canadafreepress.com is the only source of truth. Dr. Tim Ball is the founder
of Climatology and the greatest authority on the subject! Peer review is a
great conspiracy!

United Kingdom Meteorological Office
were involved in the skullduggery at the
CRU through the Hadley Centre
.o0o.
Climate Misinformation and Contradictions Continue

Last Post

Jan 14, 2010, 11:30:02 AM1/14/10
On Jan 14, 10:47 am, Dr. Harland Bufferaw Ph. D. <harl...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> canadafreepress.com is the only source of truth.   Dr. Tim Ball is the founder
> of Climatology and the greatest authority on the subject!  Peer review is a
> great conspiracy!

• Lol I love those pompous jackasses
announcing their? Dr. and PhD honorifics
who then go out and write some stupidity one
might expect from a 10 year old.

• That pompous ass with the fake name
had not one word of comment I guess he
can not read.