Arrogant meteorologists are downplaying global warming

1 view

Pat

Aug 30, 2006, 9:12:03 PM8/30/06
Arrogant meteorologists are downplaying global warming.
--------
Excerpts
-------
1. Meteorologist Jim Woodmencey ... Trust me, the debate is as endless
as the solar system itself. ... Maybe Al and the media missed that tid-
bit of information while they were at the wrap-up party in Hollywood.

2. Certified Consultant Meteorologist Assistant ... That is not to say
that the greenhouse effect is not real. It clearly is. It is the
reason why the earth is habitable. And while it may have a small
effect on our global temperature, ...

3. Mike Stewart is the meteorologist in charge of the Duluth National
Weather Service office. ... Bottom line is we're not really sure what
is causing global warming or if it is even going on ...

4. Dan Luna, chief of river forecasting at the National Weather
Service in Chanhassen ... It would be hard-pressed for anyone to argue
that we're not seeing evidence of warming. 'Why?' is another
question".

Mark Seeley, Professor at the University of Minnesota ... we have had
eight consecutive Novembers in Minnesota mild enough to play golf.

5. Dean T. Braatz, Hydrologist In Charge, National Weather Service
Chanhassen MN. For the Record ... meaning that Global Warming was
beyond the time window of our hydrologic forecast mission.
http://twincities.indymedia.org/newswire/display/28324/index.php

Pat
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/patneuman2000/my_photos

The Director

Aug 30, 2006, 9:23:55 PM8/30/06

What did you expect, they're meteorologists, almost, but not quite, as
bad as geologists. They aren't the big picture guys. Notice how most of
them are guys.

These are the people that just take their marching orders and go with
it.

http://cosmic.lifeform.org

hanson

Aug 30, 2006, 9:24:20 PM8/30/06
ahahahaha... Fat-"Pat" <np...@juno.com> wrote in message

> Arrogant meteorologists are downplaying global warming.

[hanson]
Fatty-Patti, YOU are arrogant, not they, ....only you do not that.
These 5 professionals are rational and sober. You are neither.
You are a hysterical class 3 enviro who is unable to see what
this is all about. For your benefit, here are the fundamentals:

Modern, attributal definitions of enviro classifications:
========= enviro Class (1) --- the Green shit(s):
...are the ones who advocate, promote, support, legalize,
institute and extort the permit charges, the user fees, the
enviro surtaxes and the CO2/Carbon tax, all reflected in
HIGHER PRICES of goods and services!, ...and being
responsible for much of the OUT-SOURCING!
========= enviro Class (2) -- the Green turd(s):
... are the ones who are recipients and beneficiaries from
the lootings of (1), directly or indirectly.
========= enviro Class (3) -- the Little green idiot(s):
.. are the unpaid, well-meaning ones who think they do
something for the "environment", when in fact they are only
the enablers and facilitators for (2) who are harvesting the
green $$$ that (1) has extorted.

ahahaha... ahahahanson

[Fat-Pat]

Rumsfeld Badmouthed W's Fascist Grandpa Prescott

Aug 30, 2006, 9:56:03 PM8/30/06
"Pat" <np...@juno.com> wrote in

What do your punk weather guys say about IOKE?

Hurricane IOKE now in same satellite Frame as Tokyo Japan.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/mtsat/nwpac/rb-l.jpg

Navy five day forecast cone has IOKE near Tokyo.
http://www.npmoc.navy.mil/jtwc.html
http://www.npmoc.navy.mil/jtwc/warnings/wp0106.gif

If it don't make that 5th day twist, Tokyo's 34,000,000 are getting
creamed. The Storm is more than half the size of the island -- nowhere to
evacuate to even if you could move 34 million people.

http://www.npmoc.navy.mil/jtwc/warnings/wp0106web.txt
WTPN31 PGTW 302100
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVPACMETOCCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. SUPER TYPHOON 01C (IOKE) WARNING NR 044
01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHWESTPAC
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
---
WARNING POSITION:
301800Z --- NEAR 18.1N 169.2E
MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 320 DEGREES AT 09 KTS
POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 025 NM
POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 135 KT, GUSTS 165 KT
RADIUS OF 064 KT WINDS - 065 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
065 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
060 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
060 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 105 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
095 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
090 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
090 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
RADIUS OF 034 KT WINDS - 160 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
160 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
130 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
130 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
REPEAT POSIT: 18.1N 169.2E
---
FORECASTS:
12 HRS, VALID AT:
310600Z --- 18.9N 167.6E
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 140 KT, GUSTS 170 KT
RADIUS OF 064 KT WINDS - 065 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
065 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
065 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
065 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 100 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
100 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
095 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
095 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
RADIUS OF 034 KT WINDS - 160 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
160 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
140 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
140 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 295 DEG/ 10 KTS
---
24 HRS, VALID AT:
311800Z --- 19.7N 165.7E
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 140 KT, GUSTS 170 KT
RADIUS OF 064 KT WINDS - 065 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
065 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
065 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
065 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 100 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
100 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
100 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
100 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
RADIUS OF 034 KT WINDS - 160 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
160 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
150 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
150 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
VECTOR TO 36 HR POSIT: 295 DEG/ 11 KTS
---
36 HRS, VALID AT:
010600Z --- 20.6N 163.6E
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 135 KT, GUSTS 165 KT
RADIUS OF 064 KT WINDS - 055 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
055 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
055 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
055 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 085 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
085 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
085 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
085 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
RADIUS OF 034 KT WINDS - 150 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
150 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
145 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
145 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
VECTOR TO 48 HR POSIT: 290 DEG/ 11 KTS
---
EXTENDED OUTLOOK:
48 HRS, VALID AT:
011800Z --- 21.4N 161.3E
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 130 KT, GUSTS 160 KT
RADIUS OF 064 KT WINDS - 055 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
055 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
055 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
055 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 080 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
080 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
080 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
080 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
RADIUS OF 034 KT WINDS - 145 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
145 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
135 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
135 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
VECTOR TO 72 HR POSIT: 290 DEG/ 13 KTS
---
72 HRS, VALID AT:
021800Z --- 23.1N 155.9E
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 125 KT, GUSTS 150 KT
RADIUS OF 064 KT WINDS - 050 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
050 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
050 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
050 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
RADIUS OF 050 KT WINDS - 075 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
075 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
075 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
075 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
RADIUS OF 034 KT WINDS - 140 NM NORTHEAST QUADRANT
140 NM SOUTHEAST QUADRANT
135 NM SOUTHWEST QUADRANT
135 NM NORTHWEST QUADRANT
VECTOR TO 96 HR POSIT: 295 DEG/ 12 KTS
---
LONG RANGE OUTLOOK:
NOTE...ERRORS FOR TRACK HAVE AVERAGED NEAR 250 NM
ON DAY 4 AND 350 NM ON DAY 5... AND FOR INTENSITY
NEAR 20 KT EACH DAY.
---
96 HRS, VALID AT:
031800Z --- 25.1N 151.3E
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 115 KT, GUSTS 140 KT
VECTOR TO 120 HR POSIT: 315 DEG/ 10 KTS
---
120 HRS, VALID AT:
041800Z --- 27.9N 148.3E
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 105 KT, GUSTS 130 KT
---
REMARKS:
302100Z POSITION NEAR 18.3N 168.8E.
SUPER TYPHOON (STY) 01C (IOKE), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY
160 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF WAKE ISLAND, HAS TRACKED
NORTHWESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 301800Z IS 50 FEET.
NEXT WARNINGS AT 310300Z, 310900Z, 311500Z AND 312100Z.//

NNNN

raylopez99

Aug 31, 2006, 2:30:28 AM8/31/06
Wise ahahaha hanson wrote:
> ahahahaha... Fat-"Pat" <np...@juno.com> wrote in message
> > Arrogant meteorologists are downplaying global warming.
> >
> [hanson]
> Fatty-Patti, YOU are arrogant, not they, ....only you do not that.
> These 5 professionals are rational and sober. You are neither.
> You are a hysterical class 3 enviro who is unable to see what
> this is all about. For your benefit, here are the fundamentals:

Indeed, in the very cite that Patty Fatty gave, this sober professional
opined:

Gore?s work not serious

(The following was submitted by Mr. D?Aleo?s assistant, who has
been
following the debate in this paper following an article by local
meteorologist Jim Woodmencey. - Ed.)

There is nothing inconvenient about the fact that Former Vice
President Al Gore has decided to spin his political agenda into a
movie. Just like Michael Moore and Oliver Stone, he attempts to pass
off a partisan, distorted film as an intellectually serious
documentary.

The crux of his film, ?An Inconvenient Truth,? is not only that
global
warming is real, but that action to remedy it is being undermined by
politic inertia and oil companies. While promoting the film at the
Cannes Film Festival, Gore said ?the entire global scientific
community has a consensus on the question that human beings are
responsible for global warming.? This is intentionally misleading
because it completely disregards the serious questions that many
scientists have raised, and it implicitly calls into question
important research that counters the film?s central message.

That is not to say that the greenhouse effect is not real. It clearly
is. It is the reason why the earth is habitable. And while it may have

a small effect on our global temperature, it is not the cause of
virtually every weather extreme and change we see in our climate as is
clearly implied in the film. Carbon dioxide is just one factor in
climate, but it should not be viewed as the only factor as it is in
the film because such a myopic focus on one element could prevent us
from understanding, anticipating and better planning for inevitable
climate change.

The debate over the factors contributing to global warming and the
proper response to it must be put into historical context. Vice
President Gore was influenced in college by a professor Roger Revell,
who was interested in the steady increase in greenhouse gases over
time and what affect that might have on the climate. I was in graduate
school at the same time, and the debate at the time was whether
greenhouse gases contributed to the warming of the 30s to 50s and the
cooling in the 60s and 70s. In the 1970s, some members of the
scientific community argued that the Earth was cooling, and was about
to enter another Ice Ace.

There?s no question that there are kneejerk reactionaries in the
scientific community, and some science is clearly bought and paid for
on both ends of the spectrum. That?s why we should always be wary of
overhyped scientific findings. In the case of global warming, we
should be suspicious of studies that purport to show that a single
factor such as greenhouse gas is the only cause, or draw conclusions
about temperature changes over a short period of time since the earth
is billions of years old and the science of meteorology is still
trying to measure historical weather cycles and temperature changes.

Though it doesn?t make for the kind of drama necessary to sell movie
tickets, a more thorough discussion of global warming would better
educate the public and lead to better public policy. Despite what the
movie claims, the entire scientific community does not believe that
human activity and industrialization is responsible for global
warming. In fact, two different surveys found that more than anywhere
from one-half to three-quarters of scientists and climatologists
believe that other factors are contributing to global warming.

While the film takes some liberties with the science supporting
greenhouse gases and their impact on global warming, it does offer
some recommendations for increasing efforts to find alternative
cleaner, renewable energy sources and taking reasonable steps to make
the planet as habitable as possible for our generations to come. It?s
hard to disagree with this kind of market reform.

Ultimately though, the movie fails by focusing solely on greenhouse
gases and either not looking at other factors or completely
disregarding other factors. As a result, it is a docudrama portrayed
as a documentary, and, just as Moore?s and Stone?s movies, should
not
be viewed as a serious piece of work.

- Joseph D?Aleo is a Certified Consultant Meteorologist. He was the
first director of meteorology for cable TV?s The Weather Channel.

Bush's Fascist Grandpa Prescott Sold Thyssen's Coal to Auschwitz to Burn Jews

Aug 31, 2006, 3:13:45 AM8/31/06
"raylopez99" <raylo...@yahoo.com> wrote in

Accu Weather was involved in one of Fred Singer's 1994 Science Hoax Crimes:

http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2502284041-4042.html

Scientific Integrity in the Public Policy Process Semi-Final Program 930524 - 930525 the Madison Hotel 15th
and M Streets, Nw Washington, D.C., Date: 19930525/D
Length: 2 pages

Named Person: Abelson, P. -- Abrams, E. -- Barnes, D. -- Bidinotto, R. -- Bottcher, Cjf -- Crandall, R. -- Davis,
B. -- Easterbrook, G. -- Fumento, M. -- Galileo -- Gerholm, T.R. -- Gough, M. -- Graham, J. -- Hahn, R. --
Harlander, S.K. -- Hill, C. -- Huber, P. -- Huttner, S. -- Jastrow, R. -- Kopp, R. -- Linden, H. -- Lindzen, R. --
Maddox, J. -- Miller, H. -- Miller, J.C. -- Moore, J.H. -- Rensberger, B. -- Rubinstein, E. -- Salomon, M. --
Schneider, K. -- Singer, S.F. -- Smith, F.L. -- Tollison, R. -- Viscusi, K.

Named Organization: Accu Weather

Fast Pat

Aug 31, 2006, 6:20:18 AM8/31/06
The Director wrote:
> What did you expect, they're meteorologists, ... Notice how most of
> them are guys ..These are the people that just take their marching orders..

Yea, I know, the meteorologists are just little guys who get their
marching orders from the big guys (retired military guys) in NWS and
NOAA.

Check out these big guys, (they think they're big... isn't that what
arrogant means?)

David L. Johnson, USAF (Brigadier General Ret.)
Now Director, NOAA's National Weather Service (NWS)
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/hdqrtr.php

John (Jack) J. Kelly, Jr., Brigadier General (USAF ret.)
Was Director of NWS, now a deputy director of NOAA
http://www.noaa.gov/kelly.html

Vice Admiral Conrad C. Lautenbacher, Jr.,
U.S. Navy (Ret.), Undersecretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere
Now Direcrtor of NOAA
http://www.noaa.gov/leadership.html

Hey, try this website if you want to understand what happens to big
guys who get too big for their britches.
http://www.climatesciencewatch.org/index.php/csw/details/washpost-climate-researchers/

The Director

Aug 31, 2006, 11:23:28 AM8/31/06

http://www.af.mil/bios/bio_print.asp?bioID=5955&page=1

http://www.af.mil/bios/bio.asp?bioID=6024

> Vice Admiral Conrad C. Lautenbacher, Jr.,
> U.S. Navy (Ret.), Undersecretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere
> Now Direcrtor of NOAA
> http://www.noaa.gov/leadership.html

Hey thanks for that. I had no idea fascism ran so deeply into NOAA,
NHC/TPS and the NWS - the national weather service. We need to BLOB
these guys into the open.

Fast Pat

Aug 31, 2006, 2:47:35 PM8/31/06

The Director wrote:
> Hey thanks for that. I had no idea fascism ran so deeply into NOAA,
> NHC/TPS and the NWS - the national weather service. We need to BLOB
> these guys into the open.

Those guys should be exposed for their downplaying and covering up
global warming - for years. I think to BLOG this is worth a try. Also,
Christine Frank, the director of Climate Crisis Coalition in the Twin
Cities (3CTC) is trying to help me blow the whistle again. Recently
she wrote: The first draft of "The Case of Patrick J. Neuman: The
Harassment of a Government Hydrologist" is finished and has gone to
Pat for his approval. Christine Frank can be reached at:
christi...@visi.com I think she might be able to use some help.

Fast Pat

Aug 31, 2006, 6:37:13 PM8/31/06

Rumsfeld Badmouthed W's Fascist Grandpa Prescott wrote:

> What do your punk weather guys say about IOKE?
>
> Hurricane IOKE now in same satellite Frame as Tokyo Japan.
> http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/mtsat/nwpac/rb-l.jpg

Nothing said about IOKE around here. Must be a JOKE?

Fast Pat

Aug 31, 2006, 10:08:59 PM8/31/06
hanson wrote:
> ahahahaha, YOU are arrogant, not they, ....

Meteorologists are arrogant as a result of having studied the
atmosphere and having gained operational experience making weather
predictions which they say save lives and property. I was told I came
across as arrogant for spring runoff outlook inter-agency meetings held
at the Corps of Engineers in St. Paul and the NWS North Central River
Forecast Center in Chanhassen, MN. That surprised me when I learned
that. In trying to appear confident when giving the spring flood
outlooks, instead it seems that others got the impression that I was
arrogant. Oh well, since being hired, fired and now retired by NWS I've
found more rewarding things to do than working for NWS in hydrologic
modeling and forecasting (29 years and 5 months).

Did YOU ever do anything you felt was rewarding? What? - Please be
serious.

hanson

Sep 1, 2006, 1:42:42 AM9/1/06
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.environment/msg/b8afeb0c1cfe741d
>> ahahahaha, YOU [Pat] are arrogant, not they, ....

[Fat Pat]

> Meteorologists are arrogant as a result of having studied the
> atmosphere and having gained operational experience making weather
> predictions which they say save lives and property. I was told I came
> across as arrogant for spring runoff outlook inter-agency meetings held
> at the Corps of Engineers in St. Paul and the NWS North Central River
> Forecast Center in Chanhassen, MN. That surprised me when I learned
> that. In trying to appear confident when giving the spring flood
> outlooks, instead it seems that others got the impression that I was
> arrogant. Oh well, since being hired, fired and now retired by NWS I've
> found more rewarding things to do than working for NWS in hydrologic
> modeling and forecasting (29 years and 5 months).

[hanson]
.... ahahaha.... I am sorry to hear about your HF&R, but glad to hear
to you found more rewarding things now. Kudos to you. Now then, I
didn't ask you for your confession nor your resume, I merely observed
that you called arrogantly others "'arrogant" whom you perceived to
be arrogant and now you post that your bosses/audience was telling
you that you were "arrogant".... ahahaha... Hey, whatever floats your
boat, Pat.... ahahahaha....

[Fat Pat]

> Did YOU ever do anything you felt was rewarding?
> What? - Please be serious.

[hanson]
... ahahaha... What a strange question, Pat. I always and
exclusively do things that I feel are rewarding. I'll be dammed
if I have to do anything that is not rewarding. So, everything
"what" I did/do and will do is rewarding to me..... Serious?...
Pat, I am always serious, even seriously laughing. I do take
**everything** seriously... Doesn't everybody?
Does that please you, Pat?
ahahaha... ahahahanson

Fast Pat

Sep 1, 2006, 5:34:13 AM9/1/06
raylopez99 wrote:
> Indeed, in the very cite that Patty Fatty gave, ...
> Gore?s work not serious ...

None of my science on climate change was bought. Meteorology in the US
has less to do with climate change than a cow jumping over the moon.
- The levee is failing. They knew it would but didn't tell anyone,
didn't care. They expected to be in triple retirement by then. Now who
gets blamed?
Not I, said the general of NWS.
Not I, said generals and admiral in NOAA.
Not I, said your guys Cheney and Bush.

Fast Pat

Sep 5, 2006, 7:05:40 AM9/5/06
Anne-Marie,

A survey staff at National Weather Service (NWS) offices on their
views about climate change and global warming might be interesting.

NWS Weather Forecast Offices
WFOs: 128
RFCs: 13
Regional offices: 6
National offices: 23
Sum of offices: 170

Estimated average of 30 staff per office
Total staff (estimate) = 5100

Also see:

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's
National Weather Service Offices
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/organization.php

Arrogant meteorologists not serious about climate change
http://twincities.indymedia.org/newswire/display/28324/index.php

Pat N
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ClimateArchive/

Fast Pat

Sep 5, 2006, 9:18:20 AM9/5/06
Juneau: National Weather Service chief meteorologist on climate change
panel
--
Tom Ainsworth, NWS Meteorologist in Charge of the Juneau Weather
Forecast Office speaks out about climate change.

(Excerpt)

"It's not necessarily a bad thing," Ainsworth said, adding that the
planet continuously goes through climate-change cycles. "It's a
natural thing. But if we can use our information of these cycles to
improve our lifestyle, then I think we should."
--

Web posted August 9, 2006
http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/080906/loc_20060809027.shtml

Fast Pat

Sep 5, 2006, 9:41:39 PM9/5/06
Dennis H. McCarthy, Director of National Weather Service Office of
Services

The Office of Climate, Water, and Weather Services or Office of
Services (OS) is part of National Weather Service (NWS) Headquarters in
Silver Spring, MD. OS supports the NWS mission by striving for
operational excellence. It oversees delivery of hydrometeorological and
climate services and the design and implementation of future products
and services.
http://www.weather.gov/os/org.shtml