Fluke 75, 77, Touch Hold etc

Dave Horsfall

Jun 20, 1993, 9:00:54 PM6/20/93
I have examined the differences between a '75 and a '77, and I have
determined that a simple movement of a jumper is all that is required
to enable the "Touch Hold" (tm) on the '75. I have not tried this, as
I don't own the local '75, and I see no reason to downgrade my '77 :-)
This modification corresponds with what I read in a long-forgotten
journal, some years ago.

NB: I will in no way be responsible for damage etc caused as a result
of this suggestion, should you choose to try it.

Open up the case, and turn front towards you, right-side up. Observe
in the top-left corner, a cluster of resistors and diodes, arranged in
three rows: R R, D D, R R.

Note in particular that the bottom right-hand "resistor" is in fact a
link (zero ohms). Number the PCB pads on this bottom row from left to
right as 1 2 3 4 5.

Observe how on the '75, the zero-ohm link is between pads 4 and 5.

Observe how on the '77, the zero-ohm link is between pads 3 and 4.

Do whatever you think is appropriate.

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU) VK2KFU @ VK2RWI.NSW.AUS.OC PGP 2.2
da...@esi.COM.AU ...munnari!esi.COM.AU!dave available

Danny ter Haar

Jun 21, 1993, 4:43:30 AM6/21/93
In article <41...@eram.esi.COM.AU> da...@esi.COM.AU (Dave Horsfall) writes:
>I have examined the differences between a '75 and a '77, and I have
>determined that a simple movement of a jumper is all that is required
>to enable the "Touch Hold" (tm) on the '75. I have not tried this, as
>I don't own the local '75, and I see no reason to downgrade my '77 :-)
>This modification corresponds with what I read in a long-forgotten
>journal, some years ago.

It didn't work on my fluke 75 !
The touch hold is supposed to be activated by keeping the button pressed
right? it didn't work here, although nothing seemed changed either...

Danny ter Haar

--
<=====================================================================>
Danny ter Haar <dan...@hacktic.nl> or <da...@cistron.nl.mugnet.org>

Dave Horsfall

Jun 21, 1993, 10:36:22 PM6/21/93
In article <93062...@caution.cistron.nl.mugnet.org>,

da...@caution.cistron.nl.mugnet.org (Danny ter Haar) writes:

| It didn't work on my fluke 75 !
| The touch hold is supposed to be activated by keeping the button pressed
| right? it didn't work here, although nothing seemed changed either...

I've had positive feedback from others... Sure you did it right?
Press the blue button while powering on, and keep it pressed until
the self-test has finished.

Danny ter Haar

Jun 22, 1993, 8:01:57 AM6/22/93
In article <41...@eram.esi.COM.AU> da...@esi.COM.AU (Dave Horsfall) writes:
>In article <93062...@caution.cistron.nl.mugnet.org>,
> da...@caution.cistron.nl.mugnet.org (Danny ter Haar) writes:
>
>I've had positive feedback from others... Sure you did it right?
>Press the blue button while powering on, and keep it pressed until
>the self-test has finished.
>
>--

ehh, the button is grey in my case, but indeed after keeping the button
pressed while switching on IT WORKED !
Yeah, I really considered paying extra money for this feature while
buying this model . And now I have it for free. Great stuff ....

Stuart Lea

Jun 23, 1993, 6:30:12 AM6/23/93

Has this mod been published here? If so, could some kind person re-publish it .

--
+-Stuart Lea--Tel:+44 (0)61 200 4809-Fax:+44 (0)61 200 4019-UMIST University--+
| JANET : s...@uk.ac.mcc.nessie B22, Main Bldg., PO Box 88 |