Part # of Magnetron for Microwave Oven Emerson MW9107WC

Yimin Rong

Apr 29, 2010, 12:08:09 PM4/29/10
Greetings,

Can someone tell me the part # of the magnetron for microwave oven
Emerson MW9107WC?

I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
getting a new one.

Thanks for reading,

Yimin

Dave M

Apr 29, 2010, 4:31:08 PM4/29/10

Would be easiest for you to call some of the service parts vendors for part
number, cost and availability.
MCM Electronics
email te...@mcmelectronics.com
phone (800) 824-8324
M-F 8am-5pm ET

MAT Electronics
Phone (800) 628-1118
M-F 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST
Saturday 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM EST
sa...@matelectronics.com

Electronix Corporation
Phone: (800) 223-3205 or (937) 878-1828
sa...@electronix.com

Don't forget to call any appliance parts stores in your area. Yellow pages
are a good help.

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net

Colin Horsley

Apr 29, 2010, 6:35:07 PM4/29/10
"Yimin Rong" <yimi...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
Greetings,

_____________________________

How do you know the Magnetron is faulty, and not another component?

Colin

Franc Zabkar

Apr 29, 2010, 9:43:09 PM4/29/10
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:08:09 -0700 (PDT), Yimin Rong
<yimi...@yahoo.ca> put finger to keyboard and composed:

>Can someone tell me the part # of the magnetron for microwave oven
>Emerson MW9107WC?
>
>I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
>would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
>part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
>getting a new one.

According to Emerson's web site, and owner's manual, the warranty on
the magnetron is 7 years (parts only):
http://web.archive.org/web/20071218075723/http://www.emersonelectronics.ca/emerson/en/product/details/2375

Owner's Manual:
http://emersonelectronics.ca/emerson/documents/MW9107WC%20-%2011%20cu%20ft%20Microwave%20Oven%20With%20Touch%20Control%20And%20Omni%20Wave%20Cooking%20SystemEnglish.pdf

- Franc Zabkar

Cydrome Leader

Apr 30, 2010, 1:55:34 PM4/30/10

How do you know the magnetron is bad, if you haven't even opened the unit
yet?

ian field

Apr 30, 2010, 4:19:55 PM4/30/10

"Cydrome Leader" <pres...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote in message

How do you know that you're dead?

You just touched the 4kV terminal.

Cydrome Leader

Apr 30, 2010, 5:05:20 PM4/30/10

just curious, have there been any microwave oven deaths recently?

I used to hear about them every year or so from trade newsletters, but
considering a microwave oven is throw away item these days, I'm guess less
people bother to even have them fixed in the first place.

ian field

Apr 30, 2010, 5:34:49 PM4/30/10

"Cydrome Leader" <pres...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote in message

Maybe the message is getting through to people just how lethal the HT in a
microwave is, or as you say less people bother repairing them.

My microwave was found put outside someones door in the flats, when I tested
it I found the mains plug wired wrong (live case) it worked fine once the
plug had been re-wired and has been since quite a long time ago.

Cydrome Leader

Apr 30, 2010, 9:00:30 PM4/30/10

I've noticed they use torx-ish screws on them these days, probably to
discourage people from opening them, but there's nothing other than the
standard warnings on them for any electronics you plug in. considering
they cost $99 these days, I don't see anybody other than people who used
to actually fix stuff trying to salvage one.

My made in 1981 Samsung still works, and somehow doesn't leak either.

ian field

May 1, 2010, 9:05:21 AM5/1/10

"Cydrome Leader" <pres...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote in message

Mine has started to rust at the bottom of the oven compartment so I wave the
leakage meter at it from time to time, meanwhile I rescue any that turn up
in the bin room so there's a fighting chance to cobble something together
when the one I'm using eventually goes phut.

One was in as new condition but missing its dish, that probably works fine
and I have a secret stash of dishes and drive mushrooms.

Cydrome Leader

May 2, 2010, 5:40:35 PM5/2/10

Has anybody worked on those "inverter" microwaves that lack the giant transformer?

I've been looking for one in the trash to peek inside, but haven't come across any
yet.

ian field

May 2, 2010, 5:49:10 PM5/2/10

"Cydrome Leader" <pres...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote in message

Nor me - the suspense is killing me!

Pete Bertini

May 2, 2010, 6:22:31 PM5/2/10

"ian field" <gangprob...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
I replaced the supply in my Panasonic. Looks like a TV flyback!
Price for the board was around 50 bucks.

Pete

Yimin Rong

May 3, 2010, 2:51:22 PM5/3/10
On Apr 29, 6:35 pm, "Colin Horsley" <horsley-s...@westnet.com.au>
wrote:
> "Yimin Rong" <yiminr...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

> Greetings,
>
> Can someone tell me the part # of themagnetronfor microwave ovenEmersonMW9107WC?
> I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
> would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
> part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
> getting a new one.
> Thanks for reading,
> Yimin
>
> _____________________________
>
> How do you know theMagnetronis faulty, and not another component?
>
> Colin

Experience - loud buzzing sound, no power output - likely magnet is
cracked. /YR

Yimin Rong

May 3, 2010, 2:51:55 PM5/3/10
On Apr 29, 9:43 pm, Franc Zabkar <fzab...@iinternode.on.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:08:09 -0700 (PDT), Yimin Rong
> <yiminr...@yahoo.ca> put finger to keyboard and composed:

> >Can someone tell me the part # of themagnetronfor microwave oven
> >EmersonMW9107WC?
>
> >I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
> >would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
> >part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
> >getting a new one.
>
> According toEmerson'sweb site, and owner's manual, the warranty on
> themagnetronis 7 years (parts only):http://web.archive.org/web/20071218075723/http://www.emersonelectroni...
>
> Owner's Manual:http://emersonelectronics.ca/emerson/documents/MW9107WC%20-%2011%20cu...

> - Franc Zabkar
> --
> Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.

Requires receipt! /YR

Yimin Rong

May 3, 2010, 2:53:44 PM5/3/10
On Apr 30, 1:55 pm, Cydrome Leader <prese...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:

> Yimin Rong <yiminr...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> > Greetings,
>
> > Can someone tell me the part # of themagnetronfor microwave oven
> >EmersonMW9107WC?
>
> > I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
> > would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
> > part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
> > getting a new one.
>
> How do you know themagnetronis bad, if you haven't even opened the unit
> yet?

Mostly likely cause. In most ovens I've fixed, the magnetron is very
hard to get to. Not a hard job, just a pain. /YR

Yimin Rong

May 3, 2010, 2:58:55 PM5/3/10
On Apr 29, 4:31 pm, "Dave M" <dgminala4...@mediacombb.net> wrote:
> Yimin Rong wrote:
> > Greetings,
>
> > Can someone tell me the part # of themagnetronfor microwave oven
> >EmersonMW9107WC?
>
> > I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
> > would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
> > part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
> > getting a new one.
>
> > Thanks for reading,
>
> > Yimin
>
> Would be easiest for you to call some of the service parts vendors for part
> number, cost and availability.
> MCM Electronics
> email t...@mcmelectronics.com

> phone (800) 824-8324
> M-F 8am-5pm ET
>
> MAT Electronics
> Phone (800) 628-1118
> M-F 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST
> Saturday 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM EST
> sa...@matelectronics.com
>
> Electronix Corporation
> Phone: (800) 223-3205 or (937) 878-1828
> sa...@electronix.com
>
> Don't forget to call any appliance parts stores in your area.  Yellow pages
> are a good help.
>
> --
> David
> dgminala at mediacombb dot net

Thank you. Tried that, including some of those on the list. I cringe
when I hear the click, long silence, then a voice from the sub-
continent on the other side. /YR

Cydrome Leader

May 3, 2010, 3:29:24 PM5/3/10
Yimin Rong <yimi...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> On Apr 29, 6:35?pm, "Colin Horsley" <horsley-s...@westnet.com.au>

Interesting- never heard of this sort of failure before.

Franc Zabkar

May 5, 2010, 7:44:23 PM5/5/10

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Funai+Corporation+Inc/Emerson/MW9107W/Funai+Corporation+Inc/Emerson/MW9107WMAG/New.aspx

http://bestbuy.partsearch.com/Part/Funai+Corporation+Inc/Emerson/MW9107W/Funai+Corporation+Inc/Emerson/MW9107WMAG/New.aspx