Is there any Archive of Radio Shack schematics & manuals online?

olds...@tubes.com

May 24, 2017, 2:45:26 PM5/24/17
I recall when Radio Shack had schematics for every one of their items.
Brands like Archer, Micronta, Tandy, Realistic etc.

Radio shack items will be around for a long time, and I have many of
them. But the website is gone.

If anyone knows a URL that has all the schamatics, please post it. I may
go on a downloading binge and download all the schamatics and manuals,
before they are completely gone.

I used to think that webites remained on the web forever, but that is
not the case. Had I known then, what I know now, I would have downloaded
this stuff long ago.

Dave M

May 24, 2017, 5:44:45 PM5/24/17
https://www.manualslib.com/brand/radio-shack/ seems to have a fairly large
assortment of manuals for all sorts of RS stuff.

Dave M

Dave M

May 24, 2017, 6:03:03 PM5/24/17
The web site above also has a few Micronta and Realistic manuals as well as
RS brand.

Another repository at https://www.manualagent.com/radio-shack

Dave M

Dave M

May 24, 2017, 6:38:15 PM5/24/17

olds...@tubes.com

May 25, 2017, 4:47:01 PM5/25/17
On Wed, 24 May 2017 16:44:38 -0500, "Dave M" <dgmi...@mediacombb.net>
wrote:
That does seem to have a lot of them, but I can only view them page by
page. To download them, they require a CAPCHA. If I said what I think
about capchas, I'd be banned from the newsgroup for using foul language.
If I can even read the f**king things, they do not work on my slow
dialup system, nor do they work on my cellphone. I'd like to shoot every
one of the sons of a b***hes who use them idiotic things. They serve no
purpose whatsoever.

olds...@tubes.com

May 25, 2017, 4:51:55 PM5/25/17
On Wed, 24 May 2017 17:38:07 -0500, "Dave M" <dgmi...@mediacombb.net>
wrote:
Doing a little research on my own, I ran across this site.
http://www.repeater-builder.com/radio-shack/radio-shack-index.html

It has info and schematics for a lot of the RadioShack Ham gear,
including scanners, weather radios, test equipment and more. They do NOT
encourage other R.S. consumer electronics (I wish they would), but it's
a decent site, even if it's a bit disorganized.

Best of all, no f**king Capchas......

Dave M

May 25, 2017, 8:40:07 PM5/25/17
Why don't you contact the owners of those sites and see if they would be
amenable to allowing you to set up a mirror of their manual collections?
That would go a long way toward insuring that the manuals would survive for
a reasonably long time (maybe outliving the site owners).

Dave M

jurb...@gmail.com

May 26, 2017, 12:37:33 AM5/26/17
>"If I said what I think
about capchas, I'd be banned from the newsgroup for using foul language. "

You can't be banned. Go ahead and cut loose.

olds...@tubes.com

May 27, 2017, 2:22:15 PM5/27/17
On Thu, 25 May 2017 19:39:59 -0500, "Dave M" <dgmi...@mediacombb.net>
wrote:

>> Doing a little research on my own, I ran across this site.
>> http://www.repeater-builder.com/radio-shack/radio-shack-index.html
>>
>> It has info and schematics for a lot of the RadioShack Ham gear,
>> including scanners, weather radios, test equipment and more. They do
>> NOT encourage other R.S. consumer electronics (I wish they would),
>> but it's a decent site, even if it's a bit disorganized.
>>
>> Best of all, no f**king Capchas......
>
>Why don't you contact the owners of those sites and see if they would be
>amenable to allowing you to set up a mirror of their manual collections?
>That would go a long way toward insuring that the manuals would survive for
>a reasonably long time (maybe outliving the site owners).
>
>Dave M

Although it's possible, I dont have a website. Back in the 90's anyone
could make a simple HTML website, but these days that's no longer
possible.

Plus, since I am on dialup, I much prefer just storing data on my own
computer. I have 1TB of storage space, so it's a lot easier to have it
right here at home.

Heck, just this week, I went to a WIFI and downloaded 140 episodes of
one of my favorite old 1960s TV series (from youtube). It took me about
7 hours of downloading, and ended up being around 22GB. But now I can
watch these anytime anywhere.

That's not real possible with these sites that require a person to go
thru multiple stems and enter a Captcha, for each download.

tabb...@gmail.com

May 29, 2017, 6:08:58 AM5/29/17
On Saturday, 27 May 2017 19:22:15 UTC+1, olds...@tubes.com wrote:
> On Thu, 25 May 2017 19:39:59 -0500, "Dave M" <dgmi...@mediacombb.net>
> wrote:

> >Why don't you contact the owners of those sites and see if they would be
> >amenable to allowing you to set up a mirror of their manual collections?
> >That would go a long way toward insuring that the manuals would survive for
> >a reasonably long time (maybe outliving the site owners).
> >
> >Dave M
>

> Although it's possible, I dont have a website. Back in the 90's anyone
> could make a simple HTML website, but these days that's no longer
> possible.

It is. Google sites, no need for html even.

> Plus, since I am on dialup, I much prefer just storing data on my own
> computer. I have 1TB of storage space, so it's a lot easier to have it
> right here at home.

need plenty of backups then.

I'm doubtful you'd get permission from a website, but the question is not what they say but who owns the copyright.

NT