PAT testing damage (UK)

Gareth Magennis

Jul 27, 2011, 1:36:27 PM7/27/11

I have a Roland drum machine in for repair. The machine powers up and goes
through the Operating System upgrade, up to the point the Flash is written
to, where it fails and the unit will not boot, showing a "damaged memory"
warning. I suspect the Flash chip is faulty.

When I informed the owner of my findings, he then tells me he thinks it was
damaged by a PAT test. It is powered by a Wall Wart, and he thinks it was
plugged into the unit during the test, as it stopped working immediately
afterwards.

An internal inspection shows around 10 caps around the internal power
supplies are bulging and have leaked guff onto the PCB. The 3.3v rail is at
over 4 volts, so presumable the regulator is toast.

So, if you PAT test a Wall Wart plugged into a unit and turned on, what is
likely to happen? What I have just described perhaps?
Or did someone just use the wrong power supply instead and isn't letting on?

Cheers,

Gareth.

Wild_Bill

Jul 27, 2011, 2:07:31 PM7/27/11
PAT?

--
Cheers,
WB

"Gareth Magennis" <sound....@btconnect.com> wrote in message

Jeff Liebermann

Jul 27, 2011, 2:20:46 PM7/27/11
On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 18:36:27 +0100, "Gareth Magennis"
<sound....@btconnect.com> wrote:

>An internal inspection shows around 10 caps around the internal power
>supplies are bulging and have leaked guff onto the PCB. The 3.3v rail is at
>over 4 volts, so presumable the regulator is toast.

Regulator might be toast. Or, you might be measuring a fairly high
ripple current because none of the capacitors are working. Measure it
with an oscilloscope to be sure.

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Jeff Liebermann

Jul 27, 2011, 2:23:35 PM7/27/11
On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:07:31 -0400, "Wild_Bill"
<wb_wi...@XSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

>PAT?

Portable Appliance Test
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAT_Testing>

Gareth Magennis

Jul 27, 2011, 2:30:20 PM7/27/11

"Jeff Liebermann" <je...@cruzio.com> wrote in message

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:07:31 -0400, "Wild_Bill"
> <wb_wi...@XSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>PAT?
>
> Portable Appliance Test
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAT_Testing>

Should really be PA Test, but nobody would be able to pronounce it.

A bit like PIN number. (IS there a name for these misnamed things?)

Gareth.

Jeff Liebermann

Jul 27, 2011, 2:50:30 PM7/27/11

Yes. See:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAS_syndrome>

Note that we don't have PAT testers in the USA. As part of our
governments War on Industry, we trust the outsourced manufacturures in
China to produce consumer appliances that electrocute only a modest
number of users. We also enjoy the protection of a litigatory
environment, that inspires massive recalls if one defective appliance
is found on the theory that if one is defective, then the entire
production run is also likely to be defective. We also have various
testing and certification labs, that will guarantee that an appliance
design will not kill the user or initiate a fire, even if the
appliance doesn't work. With these protections in place, there's no
need for PAT testing.

Gareth Magennis

Jul 27, 2011, 3:09:03 PM7/27/11

"Jeff Liebermann" <je...@cruzio.com> wrote in message

Well that's just great, Jeff!

In the UK we expect cheap crap to break, and to subsequently kill people.
The fact that it never really has doesn't stop our enthusiasm for Health And
Safety in spades.

Thanks for the RAS syndrome link.
I've always chuckled at the naming of the programming language GNU, the
acronym for "GNU's Not Unix".

Gareth.

Phil Allison

Jul 27, 2011, 7:45:18 PM7/27/11
"Jeff Liebermann is a Clueless Idiot "

> Note that we don't have PAT testers in the USA.

** Shame on you.

> As part of our
> governments War on Industry, we trust the outsourced manufacturures in
> China to produce consumer appliances that electrocute only a modest
> number of users. We also enjoy the protection of a litigatory
> environment, that inspires massive recalls if one defective appliance
> is found on the theory that if one is defective, then the entire
> production run is also likely to be defective. We also have various
> testing and certification labs, that will guarantee that an appliance
> design will not kill the user or initiate a fire, even if the
> appliance doesn't work. With these protections in place, there's no
> need for PAT testing.

** Got NOTHING to do with PAT testing !!!

PAT testing is all about the possibility that electrical equipment may
become unsafe after a period of use, due to wear and tear, accidental damage
and water ingress.

It is only *required* to be done were equipment is of a portable kind and
provided for staff and others to use in a work environment.

For example, hire businesses have to regularly PAT test any electrical items
they rent to folk.

It's an idea dreamt up by bureaucrats - and rather pointless since
electrical faults and damage occur at ANY time and PAT testing does nothing
to prevent that.

.... Phil

N_Cook

Jul 28, 2011, 3:26:49 AM7/28/11
Gareth Magennis <sound....@btconnect.com> wrote in message

Now if a numb-skull used the discrete IEC lead tester, flash-tester, instead
of the more down-to-ground ;-) PAT tester then expect such damage

Arfa Daily

Jul 28, 2011, 4:13:23 AM7/28/11

"Gareth Magennis" <sound....@btconnect.com> wrote in message

Over the years, I've seen a lot of items from schools and commercial
premises that have odd microprocessor-y problems, and a recent PAT sticker
on them, so I'm certain in my own mind, that these have suffered damage as a
result of either inept or inappropriate use of a tester. The items in
question, are often boom boxes that are double insulated, and have a
removable figure 8 power lead, so there is absolutely no point in applying
these tests, anyway. As to wall-wart powered stuff, I can't recall ever
seeing an item that may have been damaged in such a way, but if other items
with a similar small power transformer fixed internally can suffer, I don't
see why it shouldn't also be the case for an externally powered device. I
think, however, with the bulging caps you say you've found, in this case
it's probably either a wrong power supply having been used, or just general
failure, rather than a PAT issue. Is it from a school ? If it is, it's
probably either left on all the time, or subject to dopey kids and teachers
digging it out of a cupboard in the music room, and jamming in the first
power connector that fits, and appears to make it work ...

Arfa

Gareth Magennis

Jul 28, 2011, 5:04:30 AM7/28/11

"Arfa Daily" <arfa....@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Thanks Arfa, I was hoping for some real world experience.

This units power supply also has a 2 core mains lead, the 13A plug having a
proper metal pin, so could be mistaken for an earthed unit re: PAT testing.
It is not from a school.

I'm not sure what happens with "inappropriate" PAT testing, hence this post.
I was wondering if a high voltage was able to break through or induced to
the secondary winding to zap the unit in question if it was plugged in and
turned on.

As for the bulging caps, it would surely take some power to do this, which I
guess could not come from a PAT tester, though if they were zapped by one,
subsequent use of the unit with its own power supply may cause further
damage?

As per my post, I suspect, like you, this was a "wrong PSU used numpty
error", though any info on the hazards of PAT testing is welcome.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Phil Allison

Jul 28, 2011, 7:37:53 AM7/28/11

"Arfa Daily is Fucked in the Head "

> Over the years, I've seen a lot of items from schools and commercial
> premises that have odd microprocessor-y problems, and a recent PAT sticker
> on them,

** They all have recent PAT stickers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a blatant red herring.

> so I'm certain in my own mind,

** You are a man of very uncertain mind.

> that these have suffered damage as a result of either inept or
> inappropriate use of a tester.

** Absolute bollocks.

> The items in question, are often boom boxes that are double insulated, and
> have a removable figure 8 power lead, so there is absolutely no point in
> applying these tests, anyway.

** The reverse is true.

Class 2 items are the most important to PAT test - as they RELY, 100%,
on insulation quality to be safe.

So the leakage test is ESSENTIAL !

> As to wall-wart powered stuff, I can't recall ever seeing an item that may
> have been damaged in such a way, but if other items with a similar small
> power transformer fixed internally can suffer,

** Massive false presumption.

Wot an utter imbecile.

> I don't see ....

** The only correct statement.

AD is an utter IMBECILE.

.... Phil

Phil Allison

Jul 28, 2011, 7:39:28 AM7/28/11

"Gareth Magennis"

> As per my post, I suspect, like you, this was a "wrong PSU used numpty
> error", though any info on the hazards of PAT testing is welcome.

**Another, bloody pathetic, WOFT troll.

.... Phil

Gareth Magennis

Jul 28, 2011, 8:14:05 AM7/28/11

"Phil Allison" <phi...@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

What a charming man.

OK, I have looked a little deeper into this problem now with a schematic,
and it seems that all the electro caps on both sides of the 3 main regulator
circuits are bursting, as are a few smaller ones dotted about the PCB.
Unless a PAT tester can somehow damage all these caps downline of the
regulators, without blowing the regulators, I now suspect this to be a bad
batch of electrolytics.

The 4.1 volts I measured at the 3.3v regulator is, as Jeff suggested, due to
ten tons of ripple and HF hash. Replacing the 3 on the 3.3v regulator
restores it to 3.3v with a bit of ripple, so this reg is probably OK.

The caps are green Jamicon 105degree types. All 220uF 16v ones have blown,
as have a few 100uF 16v of the same type. All the 10uF 16v ones dotted
about look OK.

What fun.

Gareth.

Geo

Jul 28, 2011, 8:20:50 AM7/28/11

Possibly. In general, wall warts are class II items with no earth pin
so visual inspection is all I would do.
In the (unlikely) event that it was a Class I device with earth pin
and exposed metalwork then a voltage test would be made between line
and the metalwork and a resistance check from metal to earth pin.
I would not test a wall wart with equipment (e.g. printer) connected
as the equipment will be working on low voltage and not be subject to
testing.
I doubt that a short pulse of high voltage would cause caps to bulge
anyway.

Arfa Daily

Jul 28, 2011, 8:39:07 AM7/28/11

> "Arfa Daily is Fucked in the Head "
>

>> Over the years, I've seen a lot of items from schools and commercial
>> premises that have odd microprocessor-y problems, and a recent PAT
>> sticker on them,
>

> ** They all have recent PAT stickers !!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> What a blatant red herring.
>

>> so I'm certain in my own mind,
>

> ** You are a man of very uncertain mind.

Ha ! And that from a fuckin' madman like you ???!!! At least I don't need a
psychiatrist and powerful drugs to keep me under control ...

>> that these have suffered damage as a result of either inept or
>> inappropriate use of a tester.
>

> ** Absolute bollocks.
>

>> The items in question, are often boom boxes that are double insulated,
>> and have a removable figure 8 power lead, so there is absolutely no point
>> in applying these tests, anyway.
>

> ** The reverse is true.
>
> Class 2 items are the most important to PAT test - as they RELY, 100%,
> on insulation quality to be safe.
>
> So the leakage test is ESSENTIAL !

Leakage from where to where ?

>> As to wall-wart powered stuff, I can't recall ever seeing an item that
>> may have been damaged in such a way, but if other items with a similar
>> small power transformer fixed internally can suffer,
>
> ** Massive false presumption.
>
> Wot an utter imbecile.
>

>> I don't see ....
>

> ** The only correct statement.
>
> AD is an utter IMBECILE.
>

> .... Phil

And you, Philip, as I and lots of others have told you many times in the
past, are a fat greasy antipodean twat. So unless you can get your sensible
head that you've had for the last few weeks, back on your shoulders and say
something constructive, fuck off back under your rock. And I'll remember
what an IMBECILE I apparently am, next time you need a Marshall manual and
can't get it ... Arsehole ....

Arfa

Phil Allison

Jul 28, 2011, 10:17:12 AM7/28/11
"Arfa Daily is Fucked in the Head "

>>> The items in question, are often boom boxes that are double insulated,
>>> and have a removable figure 8 power lead, so there is absolutely no
>>> point in applying these tests, anyway.
>>

>> ** The reverse is true.
>>
>> Class 2 items are the most important to PAT test - as they RELY,
>> 100%, on insulation quality to be safe.
>>
>> So the leakage test is ESSENTIAL !
>>

> Leakage from where to where ?

** My god - are YOU really a service tech ??

FYI - you asinine pommy fuckwit:

From both the AC supply pins to any exposed metal parts

- including all connectors.
-----------------------------

How can ** ANYONE ** be so fucking dumb to not realise that ??

AD needs a HUGE fucking kick up his fact stinking arse.

An then the fucking cunt needs to retire before he fucking KILLS someone.

WOT A FUCKING ASS !!!!!

.... Phil

Phil Allison

Jul 28, 2011, 10:19:59 AM7/28/11

"Geo"

> Possibly. In general, wall warts are class II items with no earth pin
> so visual inspection is all I would do.

** Then YOU also need a fucking good kick up the ARSE as well !!

The MONSTROUS ignorance of BASIC electrical safety is

FUCKING APPALLING here ........

... Phil

Jeff Liebermann

Jul 28, 2011, 1:05:03 PM7/28/11
On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 09:45:18 +1000, "Phil Allison" <phi...@tpg.com.au>
wrote:

>"Jeff Liebermann is a Clueless Idiot "
>>
>> Note that we don't have PAT testers in the USA.
>
>** Shame on you.

It wasn't my decision. We have the best government and regulatory
agencies that money can buy.

>> As part of our
>> governments War on Industry, we trust the outsourced manufacturures in
>> China to produce consumer appliances that electrocute only a modest
>> number of users. We also enjoy the protection of a litigatory
>> environment, that inspires massive recalls if one defective appliance
>> is found on the theory that if one is defective, then the entire
>> production run is also likely to be defective. We also have various
>> testing and certification labs, that will guarantee that an appliance
>> design will not kill the user or initiate a fire, even if the
>> appliance doesn't work. With these protections in place, there's no
>> need for PAT testing.
>
>** Got NOTHING to do with PAT testing !!!

Not even a little bit?

>PAT testing is all about the possibility that electrical equipment may
>become unsafe after a period of use, due to wear and tear, accidental damage
>and water ingress.

That's not a problem in the USA. We have the worlds best throw away
society. Our tools and electrical equipment are never allowed to get
old enough to become dangerous. No self respecting government
employee would even consider using a used tool or machine. At the
first sign of wear or damage, the device is immediately thrown away,
err... recycled, and replaced with a brand new Chinese replacement.
This may also explain why the USA is nearly bankrupt.

>It is only *required* to be done were equipment is of a portable kind and
>provided for staff and others to use in a work environment.

In the USA, workers and staff are largely expendable. In some cases,
the tools and equipment are worth more than the operator. I don't see
much reason for an expensive PAT tester, when simply replacing the
operator will probably be cheaper.

>For example, hire businesses have to regularly PAT test any electrical items
>they rent to folk.

Yeah, that makes sense. The tools and equipment that isn't recycled
or stolen, usually ends up at the local rental yards. I recently had
to rent a chain saw with a big 36" bar. While not electrical, it
would not have passed even a cursory safety inspection. Instead of
mandating PAT testing, perhaps it might be better to give the money
back to the businesses so they can afford to buy new equipment?

>It's an idea dreamt up by bureaucrats - and rather pointless since
>electrical faults and damage occur at ANY time and PAT testing does nothing
>to prevent that.

But, if it saves one life, it must obviously be worth the cost and
effort. That's also the logic here in the USA, particularly in the
drug and product liability industry. If there's only one victim among
millions of perfectly safe users, that's sufficient grounds for
extorting substantial sums from the vendors and enriching the legal
establishment. The search for victims has even extended to TV
advertising by law firms.

Jeff Liebermann

Jul 28, 2011, 1:10:49 PM7/28/11
On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:04:30 +0100, "Gareth Magennis"
<sound....@btconnect.com> wrote:

>As for the bulging caps, it would surely take some power to do this, which I
>guess could not come from a PAT tester, though if they were zapped by one,
>subsequent use of the unit with its own power supply may cause further
>damage?

Just a minor note... It takes some time for bulging caps to develop.
It's unlikely that there's enough energy in a wall wart to destroy the
caps during a PAT test. It's also not over voltage that kills the
caps. It's the ripple current through the cap that causes the
heating. A cap, with a fixed DC voltage applied, will not blow
(unless the dielectric is perforated). More likely, the caps were
defective and blown for many months prior to the PAT test.

Meat Plow

Jul 28, 2011, 6:35:32 PM7/28/11
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 00:17:12 +1000, Phil Allison wrote:

>WOT A FUCKING ASS !!!!!

We know.

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse

Meat Plow

Jul 28, 2011, 6:38:17 PM7/28/11
On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 21:39:28 +1000, Phil Allison wrote:

> troll.

We know

Monster

Jul 28, 2011, 8:34:33 PM7/28/11
Meat Plow <mhyw...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 00:17:12 +1000, Phil Allison wrote:
>
>>WOT A FUCKING ASS !!!!!
>
> We know.

We know.

> --
> Live Fat Die Broke, Leave A Pustulent Corpse

Still not dead from a coronary, fatass? Miracles do happen.

--

___ ___ ___ ___
/ /\ / /\ ___ / /\ / /\

WHO IS 'MEAT PLOW' from Alt.Usenet.Kooks (AUK)?

The obese, abusive, ugly, snaggle-toothed, giant-headed, gay 'bear'
biker retard who likes to surf gay porn sites as 'BlancoBear' while
wearing only assless chaps:

William Malone Griffith, Jr.
(aka Milt, Meat Plow, BlancoBear, Me...@petitmorte.net, Tripp)
308 10th Street NE
North Canton, OH 44720-2023

Some of this sick fuck's best work, and comments from others about
him:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.buzzard.rules/msg/f630759d6303a19d

Willy claims to be a member of SPUTUM (Subgenius Police, Usenet
Tactical Unit, Mobile), but subgenius doesn't even BEGIN to describe
Willy...
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.net-people/msg/b42fac45ef5210f9
Is yer CapsLock on, Willy?

Evidence that Meat Plow is William Malone Griffith, II:
--------------------
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/5650f8e1e7dedefa

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.electronics.repair/msg/e52ffbb346f5b764

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/a94a2a11df601e39

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.electronics.repair/msg/ef80aad2e7db945d

Meat Plow personal info:
--------------------
Birthdate: Oct 3, 1955

Amateur Radio callsign N8NCX
Technician Plus
(2 meter, 6 meter)
--------------------

--------------------
Photo of MeatPlow in Belden Village Music store (his sister's music
store):
(Note the guitars in the background, the planet-sized head,
the rotten-Chiclet teeth, and general look of retardation)
http://www.productwiki.com/william-malone-griffith-ii/lists/
http://images.productwiki.com/upload/images/william_malone_griffith_ii_avatar_1_0-150-150.jpg

Photo of William Malone Griffith, Jr. from uffnet.com:
(Note that it's the same person as in the photo above)
http://www.uffnet.com/library/headlines/images/news1376621745xlb.jpg

He's got his father's nose and eyes:
http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/kentucky/guestbook.aspx?pid=2527782
http://mi-cache.legacy.com/usercontent/guestbook/photos/2005-09/6966764.jpg
--------------------

Meat Plow email addresses:
--------------------
http://web.archive.org/web/20010305113423/http://www.k1hk.org/ugb_archive3.html
"Bill N8NCX wgri...@neo.rr.com"

wgriffit at neo.rr.com (neo = North East Ohio)
mhywattt at yahoo.com
mhywatt at yahoo.com
--------------------

Meat Plow admits to being from Ohio:
--------------------

Meat Plow's brushes with the law:
--------------------
1}
http://www.starkcountycjis.org/crim/crim_display_docket_main?pass_case_no=11543&pass_case_type=VBD&pass_case_year=2002&pass_first_name=William&pass_last_name=Griffith

2}
http://www.starkcountycjis.org/civil/civil_display_docket_main?case_year_no=2009-3533&litigant_txt=Griffith
--------------------

Meat Plow quotes:
--------------------
"I have no shame here in Usenet."

"I'd bet $200.00 of that Keiser money you still have that you will
leave before me."

Meat Plow describes his high-powered legal team:
"You know i have a legal team who specializes in internet law. And I
won't hesitate to get them in on the action."

"I haven't changed nor do I plan on it any time in the near future.
And yes I am bullet-proof as I have proved it."

Meat Plow visits a massage parlor for a Happy Ending massage.
But they refused to give him a Happy Ending his second time there.
That explains why he's gay, he can't even PAY for HAND JOBS from
women.
-----
http://www.clreviews.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11679
"One time I got a HE, and the 2nd time I didn't. I was asked if I was
there both times and said I was. That's is why I didn't know if I said
something wrong the 2nd time which made me not get a HE."

Well, at least we know what he does with his weekends.
-----

Meat Plow losing his connection to reality, insinuating that he's law
enforcement:
"I could be LE posing as Meat Plow. It can't be dis-proven."

--------------------

Oh, William, what would yer family say if they learned yer secrets?

Mother:
..----------------------------.
Catherine & Angelo Griffith

4760 Echovalley St. NW
North Canton, OH 44720-7504
330-494-5785
'----------------------------'

Daughter:
..----------------------------.
Julia M. Griffith

308 10th Street NE
North Canton, OH 44720-2023
'----------------------------'

Sister:
..----------------------------------------.
Pamela L. & Roger R. Werling
{ son Todd E. Werling (Ft. Wayne, IN) }
{ son Chris (Kennesaw, GA) }
{ son Keith (Ft. Wayne, IN) }
{ grandson Easton }
{ grandson Zakary }
{ granddaughter Camella }

7704 Bisque Court
Fort Wayne, IN 46825-3501
260-489-6086
'----------------------------------------'

Sister:
..----------------------------------------------.
Cheryl J. & Jason 'Sparky' Humberto E. Rivera
{ daughter Christina }
{ daughter Rosalio (North Canton, OH) }
{ daughter Maria (North Canton, OH) }
{ son Len Gray (Ft. Worth, TX) }

5225 Echo Valley St. NW
North Canton, OH 44720-9702
Belden Village Music
6787 Wales Ave NW
North Canton, OH 44720
beldenvillagemusic.com
330-497-9292
Rosalio B & Maria I Rivera
444 Wales Rd. NE
Massillon, OH 44646-5875
330-833-4291
PO Box 35093
Canton, OH 44735
'----------------------------------------------'

Sister:
..---------------------------------------.
Carol L. & Ric A. Campbell
{ son Richard }
{ son Christopher (North Canton, OH) }
{ son Brandon († 30 May 1996) }
{ daughter Erin }

6794 William Tell Ave NW
North Canton, OH 44720-6546
330-497-7980
330-499-5107
---------------------------------------
PO Box 36473
Canton, OH 44735
'---------------------------------------'

Sister:
..----------------------------------.
Christine H. & Shelton M. Vick
{ son Matthew }

3915 Harvard Ave NW
Canton, OH 44709-1538
330-493-5645
----------------------------------
Re/Max Edge Realty
North Canton / Massillon / Canton
Realtor Christine H. Vick

6929 Portage St. NW
North Canton, OH 44720-6535
330-236-5100
888-830-6509 (fax)
330-904-0883 (cell)
www.MyOhioHomeFinder.com
MyOhioHo...@gmail.com
'----------------------------------'

Sister:
..----------------------------.
Angela C. & Mark Warshefski

11 SE 12th St.
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
954-785-4716
----------------------------
4760 Echovalley St. NW
North Canton, OH 44720-7504
330-942-0584
'----------------------------'

Cousin:
..-------------------------.
Eddy Dailey

Bergholz Super Mart
861 Washington St.
Bergholz, OH 43908
740-768-1018
-------------------------
Bergholz Financial Corp.
dba SuperMart
PO Box 545
524 Garfield St.
Bergholz, OH 43908
'-------------------------'

Cousin:
..--------------------.
Donna L. Dailey

524 5th St.
Bergholz, OH 43908
740-768-2416
--------------------
Bergholz Super Mart
861 Washington St.
Bergholz, OH 43908
740-768-1018
--------------------
Bergholz, OH EMT
'--------------------'

Cousin:
..-------------------.
Bill & Joyce Leas
{ son Billy }

243 2nd St.
Bergholz, OH 43908
'-------------------'

Niece:
..---------------------------.
Rachel & Adam T. Livengood
{ son Lukas }
{ daughter Lauren }

6342 Palmer Dr. NW
Canton, OH 44718
330-497-7754
'---------------------------'

Izzatchoo, or yer dead daddy?
..--------------------------------.
William M. Griffith

between 3rd and 4th St.
between Monroe and Lincoln Ave.
Bergholz, OH 43908
740-768-2539
'--------------------------------'

What would yer landlord for 308 10th St. NE,
North Canton, OH say if they learned yer secrets?
..----------------------------.
David S. and Joan R. Shaner

2095 Waterbury Dr.
Uniontown OH 44312
330-699-4042
'----------------------------'

What would the employees at yer family's
business say if they learned yer secrets?
..-----------------------------------------.
Ohio Kentucky Oil Corporation
aka Ohio Oil & Gas Exploration (defunct)
aka Ohio Kentucky Coal Company (defunct)

5112 Portage St. NW
Canton, OH 44720-6856
(330) 494-8810
(330) 497-7980
110 E. Lowry Lane
Lexington, KY 40503
(800) BUY 4 OIL
(800) 289-4645
(859) 223-5656
(859) 223-5946
(859) 276-0699 (fax)
(859) 276-3500
(859) 276-4080
http://www.ohiokentuckyoil.com
oils...@insightbb.com
ad...@ohiokentuckyoil.net
'-----------------------------------------'

----------
Oh, but wait, Ohio Oil & Gas Exploration is no longer incorporated in
Ohio:
Daddy Griffith's petrol exploration company (defunct):
http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/bsqry/f?p=100:7:3376481605987832::NO:7:P7_CHARTER_NUM:384125

Nor are any of the other businesses yer daddy started. You let them
all fail:
Daddy Griffith's stables (defunct):
http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/bsqry/f?p=100:7:3376481605987832::NO:7:P7_CHARTER_NUM:377966

Daddy Griffith's motel business (defunct):
http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/bsqry/f?p=100:7:3376481605987832::NO:7:P7_CHARTER_NUM:377965

Daddy Griffith's drilling company (defunct):
http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/bsqry/f?p=100:7:3376481605987832::NO:7:P7_CHARTER_NUM:347837

Daddy Griffith's metals business (defunct):
http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/bsqry/f?p=100:7:3376481605987832::NO:7:P7_CHARTER_NUM:552193

And Ohio Kentucky Oil Corporation is on its last legs, inundated with
securities fraud lawsuits and EPA lawsuits. It's barred from
soliciting investors in Tennessee due to securities fraud, it's under
investigation in Ohio and Kentucky, it owns no oil assets or wells,
and it no longer does any of its own drilling. It'll be gone soon,
too.

And you've squandered everything Daddy Griffith earned from his
businesses, so yer now poor, adding insult to injury.
----------

You being poor is why you issued the following. You knew you didn't
have ten thousand dollars or so to defend yerself against yet another
lawsuit:

William Malone Griffith, II's grovelfest of an apology for being a
fucktard stauker:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/browse_thread/thread/8d753c94bd612f4e
http://www.freak-search.com/en/thread/3859383/meat_plow_exposed
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/c9fccf0d1ab26ace

Title: Apology to Charles Novins

The witnesses to this abject, groveling apology:

Angela Griffith = Angela C. Griffith-Warshefski, William Malone
Griffith, Jr.'s sister

Catherine Griffith = William Malone Griffith, Jr.'s mother

Julia M. Griffith = William Malone Griffith, Jr.'s daughter

Cheri Griffith = Cheryl J. Griffith-Rivera, William Malone Griffith,
Jr.'s sister

Justin M. Griffith = ?

Kristy Griffith = Christine H. Griffith-Vick, William Malone Griffith,
Jr.'s sister

-----

Questions yet to be answered:
Who is Justin M. Griffith?

Angela C. Griffith-Warshefski came all the way from Pompano Beach,
Florida to witness and sign MeatPlow's apology letter?

Or did William Malone Griffith, Jr. forge the witness signatures,
which would indicate some level of insincerity in the apology?

If William Malone Griffith, Jr. did indeed forge the witness
signatures, is his family cognizant of him using them in this way?

Who is Deborah Ann Griffith?

-----
Who is Sherri Renee Christie, William D. Christie (age 54) and Lillie
L. Christie, and how are they associated with William Malone Griffith,
II?

1345 Bison St. NW
Massillon, OH 44647
330-833-5313 (Sherri)
330-837-4967 (William)

2524 Meadows Ave NW
Apt. 4
Massillon, OH 44647

PO Box 36221
Canton, OH 44735
-----

It's time for a digital enema to flush this turd named William Malone
Griffith, II out of the system.

The exit is -.

'-----.
.---. .-----. |
| | '---. | |
'-. `-----|-' |
| '---'
'------------->
thataway

Arfa Daily

Jul 28, 2011, 8:36:19 PM7/28/11

> "Arfa Daily is Fucked in the Head "

>>> ** The reverse is true.
>>>
>>> Class 2 items are the most important to PAT test - as they RELY,
>>> 100%, on insulation quality to be safe.
>>>
>>> So the leakage test is ESSENTIAL !
>>>

>> Leakage from where to where ?
>

> ** My god - are YOU really a service tech ??
>

> FYI - you asinine pommy fuckwit:
>
> From both the AC supply pins to any exposed metal parts
>
> - including all connectors.
> -----------------------------

Yes, we know that's the theory. What I was asking was what, on a
plastic-cased boom box with no external connectors, you would consider to be
an appropriate 'exposed metal part', to test against. The FM telescopic
antenna, maybe ? And then, just for good measure, hit the thing with a flash
test as well ? Because it happens. PAT testers are dangerous items in the
hands of electricians, who do not understand electronics, and the
sensitivity of LSIs to blasts of high voltage. *That's* what I meant by
"inappropriate" PAT testing, but of course, as ever, there were you, running
off at the mouth with what bit of brain you still have that's not totally
addled, completely disengaged.

You are, Philip, a total knob-head ...

Arfa

Meat Plow

Jul 28, 2011, 11:20:17 PM7/28/11
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 02:34:33 +0200, Monster wrote:

> Meat Plow <mhyw...@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>> On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 00:17:12 +1000, Phil Allison wrote:
>>
>>>WOT A FUCKING ASS !!!!!
>>
>> We know.
>
> We know.

Aw....poor Alien,z,s,c,f,r,t,g,y,h,y,j,u,j,i,etc...

Those tears of failure are streaming in buckets down your
face. How does such an overwhelming defeat feel? And after
all those sleepless nights on Google and your welfare money spent
stalking? Drives you fucking crazy doesn't it :)

Franc Zabkar

Jul 29, 2011, 5:09:10 AM7/29/11
On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 18:36:27 +0100, "Gareth Magennis"
<sound....@btconnect.com> put finger to keyboard and composed:

>I have a Roland drum machine in for repair. The machine powers up and goes
>through the Operating System upgrade, up to the point the Flash is written
>to, where it fails and the unit will not boot, showing a "damaged memory"
>warning. I suspect the Flash chip is faulty.

If you can read the flash memory, then checksum its contents. You
could also inspect the contents for misspelt text strings.

Another thing to try is to lift the chip's clock pin (serial flash),
or its CS or OE pin (parallel flash). If the machine's symptoms remain
the same, then it's a good bet that the flash is bad, or its supply
has too much ripple.

>An internal inspection shows around 10 caps around the internal power
>supplies are bulging and have leaked guff onto the PCB. The 3.3v rail is at
>over 4 volts, so presumable the regulator is toast.

If the regulator is linear, then I'd say it is faulty. Otherwise, if
it is a switchmode type, then it could be a capacitor issue.

- Franc Zabkar

Phil Allison

Jul 29, 2011, 8:13:51 AM7/29/11

"Jeff Liebermann is Off His Head "

"Jeff Liebermann is a Clueless Idiot "

>>> Note that we don't have PAT testers in the USA.
>>
>>** Shame on you.

>>> As part of our
>>> governments War on Industry, we trust the outsourced manufacturures in
>>> China to produce consumer appliances that electrocute only a modest
>>> number of users. We also enjoy the protection of a litigatory
>>> environment, that inspires massive recalls if one defective appliance
>>> is found on the theory that if one is defective, then the entire
>>> production run is also likely to be defective. We also have various
>>> testing and certification labs, that will guarantee that an appliance
>>> design will not kill the user or initiate a fire, even if the
>>> appliance doesn't work. With these protections in place, there's no
>>> need for PAT testing.
>>
>>** Got NOTHING to do with PAT testing !!!
>

>>PAT testing is all about the possibility that electrical equipment may
>>become unsafe after a period of use, due to wear and tear, accidental
>>damage
>>and water ingress.
>
> That's not a problem in the USA.

** You are a fucking public menace.

FOAD.

.... Phil

Phil Allison

Jul 29, 2011, 8:20:11 AM7/29/11
"Arfa Daily is Fucked in the Head "

>>> Leakage from where to where ?
>>

>> ** My god - are YOU really a service tech ??
>>

>> FYI - you asinine pommy fuckwit:
>>
>> From both the AC supply pins to any exposed metal parts
>>
>> - including all connectors.
>> -----------------------------
>

> Yes, we know that's the theory.

** You did not.

> What I was asking was what, on a plastic-cased boom box with no external
> connectors,

** They nearly all have external connectors for headphones and line outs/ins
etc and even telescopic antennas.

There is no FOOL like an OLD FOOL.

And there is nothing worse than a damn liar.

And YOU are both.

.... Phil

MonkeyNutz

Jul 29, 2011, 10:47:11 AM7/29/11

> On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 02:34:33 +0200, Monster wrote:
>
>> Meat Plow <mhyw...@yahoo.com> wrote in

>>> We know.
>>
>> We know.
>
> Aw....poor Alien,z,s,c,f,r,t,g,y,h,y,j,u,j,i,etc...
>
> Those tears of failure are streaming in buckets down your
> face. How does such an overwhelming defeat feel?

What tears and what defeat, pigfucker?

Oh, you mean the tears you cry each night as you fall asleep,
realizing that yer life is squandered, that yer so far in debt you'll
never get out before you die, that you'll be buried in a pauper's
grave and promptly forgotten by everyone save those who take great
pleasure in pissing on yer grave?

Those tears? That defeat?

> And after all those sleepless nights on Google
> and your welfare money spent stalking?
> Drives you fucking crazy doesn't it :)

Bwahahahaha! Sleepless nights?! Do you even know what time zone I'm
in?

Welfare money?! I've never been on the government teat, unlike you,
Mr. 'Has to supplement his meager $25 per week per person diet with
government cheese'.

> --
> Live Fat Die Broke, Leave A Pustulent Corpse

I'm obviously getting to you if you have to manufacture scenarios in
which you fantasize about me being a failure, hey. Conversely, the
evidence I've accumulated concerning you proves you to be an
out-and-out failure nearly on par with Emmett Earl Gulley, II, no
question.

So, loser, when are you going to provide even one shred of refutation
to the evidence in my .sig? It's been more than 2 months you've been
running from me, hey.

MonkeyNutz

Jul 29, 2011, 10:57:24 AM7/29/11

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 21:39:28 +1000, Phil Allison wrote:
>
>> troll.
>
> We know

We know

> --
> Live Fat Die Broke, Leave A Pustulent Corpse

You know yer going to end up bloated, with maggots roiling out of yer
eye sockets, all black and green skinned with a look of utter
disbelief left on yer fat face from the moment you keeled over dead
from morbid obesity, fatfuck. Admit it.

--
___ ___ ___ ___

/\ \ /\__\ ___ /\ \ /\__\

/::\ \ /:/ / /\ \ /::\ \ /::| |
/:/\:\ \ /:/ / \:\ \ /:/\:\ \ /:|:| |

/::\~\:\ \ /:/ / /::\__\ /::\~\:\ \ /:/|:| |__
/:/\:\ \:\__\ /:/__/ __/:/\/__/ /:/\:\ \:\__\ /:/ |:| /\__\
\/__\:\/:/ / \:\ \ /\/:/ / \:\~\:\ \/__/ \/__|:|/:/ /
\::/ / \:\ \ \::/__/ \:\ \:\__\ |:/:/ /
/:/ / \:\ \ \:\__\ \:\ \/__/ |::/ /
/:/ / \:\__\ \/__/ \:\__\ /:/ /
\/__/ \/__/ \/__/ \/__/

Arfa Daily

Jul 29, 2011, 11:19:52 AM7/29/11

"Phil Allison" <phi...@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

Even if I was, that would still be better than being a dopey sad-arsed
sheep-shagger like you :-)

Now be a good little boy Philip, take your meds, and retire back to that
darkened room that you crawled out of, until you're feeling better again ...

Do have a good weekend, old boy.

Arfa

Ian Field

Jul 29, 2011, 4:34:19 PM7/29/11

> "Phil Allison" <phi...@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> "Gareth Magennis"
>>

>>> As per my post, I suspect, like you, this was a "wrong PSU used numpty
>>> error", though any info on the hazards of PAT testing is welcome.
>>>

>> **Another, bloody pathetic, WOFT troll.
>>

>> .... Phil
>>

> What a charming man.

He was raised by dingoes.

Michael A. Terrell

Jul 29, 2011, 5:50:52 PM7/29/11

Then he ate them. Alive they were, as he chewed on them!

Meat Plow

Jul 29, 2011, 8:25:17 PM7/29/11
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 16:57:24 +0200, MonkeyNutz wrote:

> Meat Plow <mhyw...@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>> On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 21:39:28 +1000, Phil Allison wrote:
>>
>>> troll.
>>
>> We know
>
> We know

Aw...poor baby gotta change its posting nym hourly now because your
Alein,s,e,d,c,f,r,v,t,g,b,h,j,u,i,o,p nym got shot down just like you.

Make you pretty fucking mad don't it :)