Starting problem with a Samsung Lappy

Archer

Nov 22, 2016, 10:01:07 AM11/22/16
Hi Friends

I have a Samsung Lappy Modl R439. When I press the start button the
blue indicator near the button comes on but the lappy does not start.

Wait in this condition for about 10 minuts (blue indicator on). Then
press the button so the blue indicator goes off. Now when I press the
start button the lappy starts.

The battery is new and fully charged.

What could be the reason? TIA for any suggestions.

--
Sandy

Ralph Mowery

Nov 22, 2016, 10:58:51 AM11/22/16
In article <l0n83c5fn8hurp94v...@4ax.com>,
i...@here.com.invalid says...
Probably bad capacitors on the mommy board.

N_Cook

Nov 22, 2016, 11:14:16 AM11/22/16
Report back the timings/consequence if you do the following
Put it in a fridge for 1/2 hour before starting up procedure
Put over a room radiator 1/2 hour,before starting up

Adrian Caspersz

Nov 22, 2016, 2:01:57 PM11/22/16
On 22/11/16 15:59, Ralph Mowery wrote:
> In article <l0n83c5fn8hurp94v...@4ax.com>,
> i...@here.com.invalid says...
>>
>> The battery is new and fully charged.
>>
>> What could be the reason? TIA for any suggestions.
>
> Probably bad capacitors on the mommy board.

Have they been told to stand in the corner?

OP, Try this step by step.

Unplug the power adapter.
Pull out the laptop's battery.
Press and hold down the Power button for 45-60 seconds.
Release the Power button.
Put the battery back in the laptop and try starting it.

--
Adrian C

Jon Elson

Nov 22, 2016, 4:20:30 PM11/22/16
Yes, if it is bad caps, it will be much happier warm, and really hard to get
running when cold.

Jon

N_Cook

Nov 24, 2016, 6:13:20 AM11/24/16
summarised as crappy cappy in lappy

Allodoxaphobia

Nov 24, 2016, 9:22:53 AM11/24/16
On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 11:13:21 +0000, N_Cook wrote:

> summarised as crappy cappy in lappy

There really should be a teenage.electronics.repair

Lund-Nielsen, Jorgen

Nov 28, 2016, 3:26:27 AM11/28/16
user not happy

Tim R

Nov 28, 2016, 2:23:55 PM11/28/16
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 2:01:57 PM UTC-5, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
> On 22/11/16 15:59, Ralph Mowery wrote:
> > In article <l0n83c5fn8hurp94v...@4ax.com>,
> > i...@here.com.invalid says...
> >>
> >> The battery is new and fully charged.
> >>
> >> What could be the reason? TIA for any suggestions.
> >
> > Probably bad capacitors on the mommy board.
> >

> Have they been told to stand in the corner?

No, no, no!

Tim R

Nov 28, 2016, 2:24:33 PM11/28/16
that will make it worse.

The capacitors are heat sensitive, and ........................

Tim R

Nov 28, 2016, 2:25:04 PM11/28/16
The corner is 90 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrian Caspersz

Nov 28, 2016, 4:10:55 PM11/28/16
Almost obtuse, that was ....

:)