Recording time

1 view

sl@exabyte

Jun 29, 2011, 6:39:08 PM6/29/11
I need to record the time a device (say A1) is switched on (nice if it
records the time the device is switched off).

I suppose that I need to wire the power cable through this device and from
this device connect to A1.

Is there any such device ? Or any other method of doing this ? (the device
A1 is at home).

Thanks.

N_Cook

Jun 29, 2011, 3:39:18 AM6/29/11
sl@exabyte <ecp...@my-rialto.com> wrote in message

A basic digital watch , assuming it starts from cold at 00:00 , 01 Jan 1981
or whatever .
And a latch to keep the power to watch going . Another watch and another
latch set by the first latch.
Then subtruct the hours and mins from the reading time

ne...@jecarter.us

Jun 29, 2011, 10:10:07 AM6/29/11

An AC hour meter should work. It would be connected across the
switched AC line where goes to device A1. They cost about $10US on
ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tech-Hour-Meter-AC-100-250V-Boat-Car-Truck-Tractor-/200587032950?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb3eb3976

This one displays up to 99999.9 hours then cycles back to 0.

John

Bennett Price

Jun 29, 2011, 11:43:22 AM6/29/11
An analog clock, either battery or AC, plus a DPST switch.
When the switch turns A1 on, it turns the clock off, thus
indicating when A1 was turned on.