Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

Parts assist: microswitch Zippy DW-N2S-01A0F-Z

72 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

John-Del

ongelezen,
1 apr 2019, 11:22:3801-04-2019
aan
My buddy has an older Mercedes convertible and he needs a microswitch for the convertible top control.

I found a couple of companies in Germany that have them, a couple on ebay (Germany), but no one ships to the U.S. and I have been unable to locate one here on this continent.

This switch has two, well, tits that physically hold it in place, so he's not happy about adapting something else as it took some maneuvering to get it out.

Anyone have a lead to one that I can get shipped to this third world nation?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Zippy-Mikroschalter-DW-N2S-01A0F-Z-12-V-DC-0-1A-1-x-Ein-Ein-tastend-1St/222446862597?hash=item33caddc105:g:0c4AAOSwP2Rcnedq

Thanks.

John-Del

ongelezen,
1 apr 2019, 12:15:4001-04-2019
aan
One of the companies in Germany responded to my inquiry as to whether they ship to the U.S. and their reply said they stopped shipping to the U.S. (territories) and Canada in 1991 due to "product liability". Thanks asshole lawyers..

peterw...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
1 apr 2019, 12:21:4001-04-2019
aan
On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 12:15:40 PM UTC-4, John-Del wrote:

> One of the companies in Germany responded to my inquiry as to whether they ship to the U.S. and their reply said they stopped shipping to the U.S. (territories) and Canada in 1991 due to "product liability". Thanks asshole lawyers..

Would any one of our Euro friends be willing to act as an intermediary for John-Del?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

peterw...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
1 apr 2019, 12:27:1901-04-2019
aan

John Robertson

ongelezen,
1 apr 2019, 12:53:1501-04-2019
aan
The OP might want to look at:

https://www.mailboxde.com/

I use shipito.com for companies in the US that won't ship to Canada for
similar reasons.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Look165

ongelezen,
1 apr 2019, 13:03:3501-04-2019
aan
Did you try Farnell or Radiospares ?

John-Del

ongelezen,
1 apr 2019, 13:05:0801-04-2019
aan
I LOVE adaptation. I just built a projection lamp out of an old Philco loctal tube base and a halogen EZK lamp for a good customer.

This isn't my project though Peter. My buddy is a mechanic found the bad switch. He told me it's in a tight place, and I have a feeling that if it's not in the right spot or if the lever is a different length or actuates at a different point in the lever's throw, it may change the limit of one of the actuators. So first choice is the original switch.

I don't know if Mercedes has any or can order them, if they're discontinued, or would take some time to research. My buddy wanted to get at least three just in case others in the system (he said there were like 5 or 6) were bad now or would fail in the future. I was able to pin the exact switch down in a few minutes but ran into the shipping issue.

Thanks for looking.

Look165

ongelezen,
1 apr 2019, 13:18:4601-04-2019
aan

John Robertson

ongelezen,
1 apr 2019, 14:02:4301-04-2019
aan
Only 1576 left, better hurry @ $4.41USD each!

John :-#)#

Tim Schwartz

ongelezen,
1 apr 2019, 17:49:4201-04-2019
aan
Hi John,

Being an old car hobbyist, you could actually try your local Mercedes
dealer. It will likely be 5 to 10 times the price, but you'll be sure
to have a part that fits purchased in the US.

Best regards,
Tim

Tim Schwartz

ongelezen,
1 apr 2019, 17:50:2501-04-2019
aan
Hi John,

Being an old car hobbyist, you could actually try your local Mercedes
dealer. It will likely be 5 to 10 times the price, but you'll be sure
to have a part that fits purchased in the US.

Best regards,
Tim

On 4/1/2019 11:22 AM, John-Del wrote:

John-Del

ongelezen,
2 apr 2019, 10:40:2202-04-2019
aan
On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 1:18:46 PM UTC-4, Look165 wrote:
> Did you try this ?
>
> http://www.amora.co.nz/Zippy-Microswitch-DWN2S01A0EZ-12-Vdc-01-A-1-x-OnOn-momentary-1-pcs-uN7offrU-p-319.html

I can't use that one because it's reversed.. BUT, the same company does have the correct orientation:

http://www.amora.co.nz/index.php?zenid=p9ukfv99v5ajim061a2t55d7o6&main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=+DW-N2S-01A0F-Z&x=27&y=23

So I'll order from them.

Thanks for the lead.
0 nieuwe berichten