(seemingly) OT: KLH 4" full-range driver

William Sommerwerck

Dec 20, 2014, 7:13:32 AM12/20/14
When I was a lad, I read "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics World". I
distinctly remember an article about "full-range" driver KLH used in many
products (8, 11, 14, 15, 19, 21). I need to find the article. So far, all I've
found is a picture of the driver in an article about integrated
amplifier/speaker systems. *

The American Radio History site has a complete set of "Electronics World", but
the only article that pops up when I search for KLH is the one just mentioned.
I've started going through

I'm pretty certain the article was not in R-E, as R-E rarely published
articles of that sort. As there are lots of old farts in this group -- does
anyone remember that article?

Thanks in advance.

PS: The January, 1963 issue has an article I well-remember -- building a
vacuum-tube stereo FM signal generator!

* Which is appropriate, but not exactly what I was looking for.

William Sommerwerck

Dec 20, 2014, 8:06:46 AM12/20/14
Error! Error! Error!

My fault. The article about integrated amp/speaker systems //was// the article
I was looking for. I had conflated it with photographs in KLH user manuals.

Looking at old magazines sure brings back memories -- and provokes a lot of
laughs -- and I'm not talking about John Frye's short stories.

Michael Black

Dec 20, 2014, 12:47:43 PM12/20/14
On Sat, 20 Dec 2014, William Sommerwerck wrote:

> When I was a lad, I read "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics World". I
> distinctly remember an article about "full-range" driver KLH used in many
> products (8, 11, 14, 15, 19, 21). I need to find the article. So far, all
> I've found is a picture of the driver in an article about integrated
> amplifier/speaker systems. *
>
> The American Radio History site has a complete set of "Electronics World",
> but the only article that pops up when I search for KLH is the one just
> mentioned. I've started going through
>
> I'm pretty certain the article was not in R-E, as R-E rarely published
> articles of that sort. As there are lots of old farts in this group -- does
> anyone remember that article?

No.

But there was a period when Audio magazine had interesting construction
articles. Maybe one a month, but I remember buying it in the eighties
because of the one article every so often.

Michael

Michael A. Terrell

Dec 26, 2014, 11:16:40 AM12/26/14
https://archive.org/details/Pop195710 has quite a few Popular
Electronics magazine scans in PDF.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.