Samsung BD-C6900 Blu-Ray drive replacement

DewDude

Oct 1, 2011, 8:04:16 PM10/1/11
Hey guys.

I've got a BD-C6900 that I'd like to replace the drive in. The unit
appears to have two different identifying marks for the drive. The
part number AK96-01214P as well as BD-P6A-1B loader. Looking around I
see various references to BD-P6A loaders and according to a Samsung
part site, there are two different drives associated with that unit. I
don't know the differences, so I'm hoping maybe someone here has a
service manual or knowledge of Samsung units as to suggest which part
numbers I can replace this defective drive with.

I'm pretty sure the Blu-Ray laser is dead as it will not read Blu-Rays
but will read DVD's just fine. I've not attempted to power up the
lasers to physically try to see.

Andrew Rossmann

Oct 2, 2011, 8:28:40 AM10/2/11
In article <7634554b-6b0b-4f4c-af83-62a6c26cc376
@j19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>, dew...@gmail.com says...

These days, it may be cheaper to replace the entire unit than just the
drive.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross

DewDude

Oct 3, 2011, 5:16:55 PM10/3/11
On Oct 2, 8:28 am, Andrew Rossmann

<andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote:
> In article <7634554b-6b0b-4f4c-af83-62a6c26cc376
> @j19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>, dewd...@gmail.com says...

All depends. It's a 3D Blu-Ray unit...and I can't get a decent one of
those for under $120. Replacement drive from Samsung...when they're in
stock, is $102. For $102 I can get a 3d player, but it won't have
internet or media drive support or any of that...this one does.

Plus, there's also the fact that if I had a list of actual compatible
drives, I can pick one up on ebay for about $30.

In most cases, it is cheaper to buy a new one, but sometimes, you can
get away with replacing a module.

tech...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2014, 9:56:48 AM10/23/14
Did you ever find a replacement drive? I have a 7900 that needs a new drive and it looks to be the same one as your 6900. Can't find a dual hdmi 3d player for much less than $200 these days so I'd love to just repair this on my own for much cheaper. Thanks!