Akai AD-6300 cassette deck spares

Franc Zabkar

Nov 21, 2011, 5:55:03 PM11/21/11
I'm about to throw away an Akai AD-6300 cassette deck. If anyone needs
spares, let me know soon.

Here is a photo (not mine):
http://d.imagehost.org/0885/DSC04693.jpg

- Franc Zabkar

Adrian C

Nov 21, 2011, 6:26:01 PM11/21/11
On 21/11/2011 22:55, Franc Zabkar wrote:
> I'm about to throw away an Akai AD-6300 cassette deck. If anyone needs
> spares, let me know soon.
>
> Here is a photo (not mine):
> http://d.imagehost.org/0885/DSC04693.jpg

Made the hairs on the back off my neck stand up. That was our first
cassette deck around 1976.

In later years I was mean to it. Left it unloved in an old damp shed at
the bottom of the garden where it caught rust and died.

--
Adrian C

Trevor Wilson

Nov 21, 2011, 8:34:48 PM11/21/11
On 11/22/2011 9:55 AM, Franc Zabkar wrote:
> I'm about to throw away an Akai AD-6300 cassette deck. If anyone needs
> spares, let me know soon.
>
> Here is a photo (not mine):
> http://d.imagehost.org/0885/DSC04693.jpg
>
> - Franc Zabkar

**That would be an AIWA, Franc. And, sadly, nothing of any real value in
there. The later, more upmarket models were more interesting, with
meters that have two complete movements in the same housing. That was
about all you could be bothered salvaging.

Nonetheless, thanks for thinking of us.

PS: Kinda reminds me of a situation about 10 years ago, when a Proton CD
player landed on the bench. The only fault was the display. Two months
earlier, I had thrown out the same model machine, due to a faulty and
uneconomical to replace, laser mech. The display was fine. If only I'd
kept it for spares....

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

N_Cook

Nov 22, 2011, 9:56:25 AM11/22/11
Franc Zabkar <fza...@iinternode.on.net> wrote in message
I keep someone's set of 3 of these Aiwa things going, right pain to work on.
Only ever perished rubber problems IIRC.

Nov 23, 2011, 6:15:32 PM11/23/11
looks like a solid deck, shame I'm not nearer.

offer it on here, see if anyone near you will take it:

http://www.tapeheads.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6