Options for shorted transformer

ohg...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2017, 3:55:14 PM4/26/17
I have a transformer shorted from pri to sec for an industrial CNC machining center. It's in an Aartac type 921A power supply. The XFR is a Wagner + Grimm type EE554 made in Switzerland that I can't seem to locate. Anyone know a source or know of a trusted rewinder I can send this to?

pf...@aol.com

Apr 26, 2017, 4:24:16 PM4/26/17
On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 3:55:14 PM UTC-4, ohg...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a transformer shorted from pri to sec for an industrial CNC machining center. It's in an Aartac type 921A power supply. The XFR is a Wagner + Grimm type EE554 made in Switzerland that I can't seem to locate. Anyone know a source or know of a trusted rewinder I can send this to?

electaudio at cox Dot net Ask for John.

Is a good rewinder, or will 'built-to-suit' at a reasonable cost.

There must be thousands of Hammond off-the-shelf transformers if you do not need multiple secondaries and multiple primaries.

What are the specific needs?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

legg

Apr 26, 2017, 4:58:24 PM4/26/17
On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:55:11 -0700 (PDT), ohg...@gmail.com wrote:

>I have a transformer shorted from pri to sec for an industrial CNC machining center. It's in an Aartac type 921A power supply. The XFR is a Wagner + Grimm type EE554 made in Switzerland that I can't seem to locate. Anyone know a source or know of a trusted rewinder I can send this to?

You can buy the replacement power supply on-line.

http://www.cnc-shopping.co.uk/aartac-921a-acdc2425-power-supply-24vdc-25a-p-3509.html

If it's running off 240VAC, you could replace it with a generic
switcher that fits, or even a linear if there's room. 24V 2A5 out....

RL

John Robertson

Apr 26, 2017, 5:00:41 PM4/26/17
Hammond also winds to spec. Expensive, but I've yet to have a Hammond
transformer fail that was operated within its design specs.

Not much you can't replace with the Hammond catalogue on hand and not
worrying about extra un-needed windings.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

olds...@tubes.com

Apr 27, 2017, 8:35:58 AM4/27/17
On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 14:00:33 -0700, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com>
wrote:

>Hammond also winds to spec. Expensive, but I've yet to have a Hammond
>transformer fail that was operated within its design specs.
>
>Not much you can't replace with the Hammond catalogue on hand and not
>worrying about extra un-needed windings.
>
>John :-#)#

I dont know what a CNC is, or what voltages are needed, but I was
recently looking on Ebay for a small transformer and saw more heavy duty
industrial ones than I saw the smaller ones.

et...@whidbey.com

Apr 27, 2017, 11:49:07 AM4/27/17
On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:55:11 -0700 (PDT), ohg...@gmail.com wrote:

>I have a transformer shorted from pri to sec for an industrial CNC machining center. It's in an Aartac type 921A power supply. The XFR is a Wagner + Grimm type EE554 made in Switzerland that I can't seem to locate. Anyone know a source or know of a trusted rewinder I can send this to?

If you know the xmfr specs you should be able to find one on ebay, I
would think. CNC controls have been around a long time and all sorts
of parts for them are on ebay.
Eric