Anyway to fix the push button switches in my Panasonic phones?

RobertMacy

Nov 18, 2014, 11:12:54 AM11/18/14
Have quite a few landline Panasonic Easa-Phones, Model KX-T2315

REALLY like these units and want to keep. The pushbotton switches have
become unreliable, often yielding two numbers and sometimes not even
registering! The worst offenders are the telephones that haven't been used
for a while.

Any way to fix? I've tried contact cleaner injected in but that hasn't
taken.

Could be the type of cleaner, or the method of doing, or there simply is
no more 'contact' left in the switches. But since using over and over
seems to almost repair, suspect should be able to do something.

help!

Klay Anderson

Nov 18, 2014, 12:18:24 PM11/18/14
On Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:12:54 AM UTC-7, Robert Macy wrote:
> Have quite a few landline Panasonic Easa-Phones, Model KX-T2315
>
> REALLY like these units and want to keep. The pushbotton switches have
> become unreliable, often yielding two numbers and sometimes not even
> registering!

I too have quite a few and like the system. I've purchased broken and surplus phones and simply replace the culprit buttons when they go out. Parts are probably no longer available and I don't see any reason to attempt to clean them when the issue is wear.

Yours truly,
Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

Jeff Liebermann

Nov 18, 2014, 1:27:11 PM11/18/14
On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 09:14:52 -0700, RobertMacy
<robert...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Have quite a few landline Panasonic Easa-Phones, Model KX-T2315

<https://www.google.com/search?q=KX-T2315&tbm=isch>
I have one of those. It's a good phone well worth fixing. I don't
want to take mine apart as long as it's working.

>Could be the type of cleaner, or the method of doing, or there simply is
>no more 'contact' left in the switches. But since using over and over
>seems to almost repair, suspect should be able to do something.

See exploded view of keyboard section:
<http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/5538/Panasonic_KX-T2315.html>
It uses individual "sealed" switches, which might be replaceable or
cleaned. I can't tell from the manual.

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Gareth Magennis

Nov 18, 2014, 1:30:01 PM11/18/14

"RobertMacy" wrote in message news:op.xpi3e2d22cx0wh@ajm...
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/PANASONIC-PQSH1A33Z-/P-PQSH1A33Z

Gareth.

RobertMacy

Nov 19, 2014, 8:16:05 AM11/19/14
I believe wear is involved, but what really caught my attention was that
the least used phone is the one that does NOT work well. Swapped out so it
got daily use, and it came back a bit and the other phone has quit -
making me think/hope maybe there is a 'crud/corrosion' build up? And,
these phones may be salvageable.

RobertMacy

Nov 19, 2014, 9:13:07 AM11/19/14
On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 11:26:39 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 09:14:52 -0700, RobertMacy
> <robert...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Have quite a few landline Panasonic Easa-Phones, Model KX-T2315
>
> <https://www.google.com/search?q=KX-T2315&tbm=isch>
> I have one of those. It's a good phone well worth fixing. I don't
> want to take mine apart as long as it's working.
>
>> Could be the type of cleaner, or the method of doing, or there simply is
>> no more 'contact' left in the switches. But since using over and over
>> seems to almost repair, suspect should be able to do something.
>
> See exploded view of keyboard section:
> <http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/5538/Panasonic_KX-T2315.html>
> It uses individual "sealed" switches, which might be replaceable or
> cleaned. I can't tell from the manual.

Thanks ! The second URL I got a manual. You know I'm on dial-up here and
that first URL still had not filled a single image even after 10 minutes
so had to give up. Plus, these webpages don't even download in the
background, no, they hog the browser, hang it up, freeze the cursor, can't
even go off and work on other applications. Just have to sit there and
...wait.

I don't know how you find all these worthwhile websites so fast. But
thanks again for the manual.

RobertMacy

Nov 19, 2014, 9:27:01 AM11/19/14
GREAT! Thanks for that URL!

interestingly no picture of the part, their picture is a symbol.

but nt a bad price either. will have to call.

Gareth Magennis

Nov 19, 2014, 12:41:28 PM11/19/14

"RobertMacy" wrote in message news:op.xpks6mi42cx0wh@ajm...
That's the part number given in the service manual which you can download
here:
http://elektrotanya.com/panasonic_kx-t2315.pdf/download.html

Hope it is the right one and available!

Gareth.

Jeff Liebermann

Nov 19, 2014, 12:50:32 PM11/19/14
On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 07:15:02 -0700, RobertMacy
<robert...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I don't know how you find all these worthwhile websites so fast. But
>thanks again for the manual.

1. A fast internet connection. DSL at home. Cable modem at office.
2. I like to use Google image search. Finding a picture of what you
want is much easier than reading pages of text excerts. My first link
was an example, which admittedly might be too much for dialup.
3. I use the various Google search operators:
<https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433?hl=en>
<http://www.googleguide.com/advanced_operators_reference.html>
4. I sometimes use Blekko instead:
<http://blekko.com>