Fwd: Clueless iPhone 7 owners tricked into DRILLING hole in their phones to 'get headphone jack'...

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Sep 25, 2016, 10:11:55 AM9/25/16

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: burfordTjustice <burford...@tues.uk>
Newsgroups:
alt.politics.british,alt.politics.scorched-earth,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Clueless iPhone 7 owners tricked into DRILLING hole in their
phones to 'get headphone jack'...
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 08:02:39 -0400
alt.politics.scorched-earth:382234 uk.politics.misc:777521
uk.legal:737347 alt.politics.uk:14289 alt.comp.freeware:276990

Well stupid people do stupid shit and Apple people prove the
point....LOL look no further than david Brooks (Devon)..LMAO!!

Clueless iPhone 7 owners tricked into DRILLING hole in their phones to
'get headphone jack'...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1845589/clueless-iphone-7-owners-tricked-into-drilling-hole-in-their-phones-to-get-a-headphone-jack/

jurb...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2016, 6:54:36 PM9/26/16
It's like this world is a stupidity contest, and the US, UK and Australia are vying for first place but it is a close race.

Years ago at a TV shop the guy had the attitude "a screw is a screw" and they start bitching at me about one bigscreen I fixed because the video in wasn't working. Well I had an assistant, one of the bosses actually who took apart and put back together the TVs after I fix the electronics and tune them up. He but a screw in that was five times as long as it should be and it cracked the input board in half. A screw is a screw. I told him "A screw is a screw ? you got a camcorder bring it in and I'll show you a screw is a screw. I literally intended to use a corded power drill to drive a 5" decking screw right through the whole fucking thing.

And that is not the worst of it though I don't know the idiot in question I heard about it on Usenet and there is nothing to prove on Usenet so most of what you read is true or at least believed to be true by the author.

Anyway this brainiac had like a $7,000 piece of equipment, I think it was something like a mixing amp or some kind of digital synthesizer something to do with audio and very expensive.

Well he wanted to mount it to something, some sort o rack or whatever and drilled holes in the bottom of it. Drilled right through a four layer PC board. There is no fixing that. Actually with super eyesight, good engineering skills and detailed information on the PC board layout and all the connections, and if none of the layers are shorted together now, someone could probably do it for a couple thousand, and it would take a month of intensive work. Actually anyone with that skill level and resources is going to charge more than that for a month's work.

And actually, there is a possibility that someone who works for Apple put that video up to increase sales. You KNOW they have to buy a new phone, they have a contract. Just like I highly suspect, and I mean shootably suspect that Norton's and McAfee's employees write half of the viruses out there. I am not saying the companies are even paying them to do it, but think about it. They write a virus they already know how to get rid of it and at work they look GOOD. Really good and can get a raise, so maybe they are paid for it by the company, knowingly or not.

Look at what Microsoft and Intel/AMD do together. Look at this post, do you see any flash videos and shit ? Nope. Usenet comes from a time before that, dialup, DOS, UNIX, OS/2. No mouse even. to communicate I do not need all that shit. I wish I could use DOS and get online for email and forums. That is all I do pretty much. OK I go on Craigslist and a few other things. But I can live without the videos, I have had enough entertainment in my life. I get this "for the best web experience, please update your browser". Go fuck yourself. What I got now is working fine. What, you want me to change the engine in my car every month because there is a better version ?

What's more, I got saved from a nasty virus because of not having updated software. I do not update, and my Java was old. It nags me on bootup. Well one day it started nagging me every minute all the sudden. Kept on Xing it out and it kept coming back. Instead of allowing the Java updat I ran a scan and it found something. Eliminated that and the nagging stopped.

They want you to update, update, update, supposedly for security. Bullshit. I want Windows 98SE again, I bet these new infections cannot run in it. Then I will get nags to update to Win 10 so they can run a virus. Fukum.

My XP box doesn't get online anymore after the last power outage. If I do not get it running again that "update" will be to Linux, no matter how unfamiliar I am with it.

Last but not least, how can people that fucking stooooooopid afford a $700 phone ? Do they work for the government or something ?

Their phone is literally smarter than they are. Or it used to be. What, they need to put a notice in the manual that nobody reads saying "Do not drill holes into you new phone" ?

How do these people live ? Is there a recording on their stereo that reminds them to breathe or what ? Do they know the difference between food and gasoline ? Do they need signs that say "Put the gasoline in your car and eat the food" or they get it mixed up ?

How about we tell them to drill a hole in their head and use a ¼" headphone plug for maximum high fidelity ?

Thanx for the laugh. You can't make shit like this up.

Adrian Caspersz

Sep 27, 2016, 6:21:11 AM9/27/16
On 26/09/16 23:54, jurb...@gmail.com wrote:
> It's like this world is a stupidity contest, and the US, UK and Australia are vying

Link bait. Move along.

Some very intelligent people making money out of man's stupid desire to
see the worst out of others to offset other feelings.

--
Adrian C

jurb...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2016, 1:32:30 PM9/27/16
On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 5:21:11 AM UTC-5, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
Might as well watch, and get some popcorn.

Bunch of years ago we fixed a lawnmower for a friend, but it was acting funny. It would not govern right, it was idle hunting. Decided to try to cut some grass and subsequently found that the blade was missing. the guy's idiot son in law had given the blade to someone to sharpen, ON A MOWER THAT DID NOT RUN.

Same guy, I do remodel on the Father in law's house including a new furnace and sub electrical panel, leaving the old panel in place, well, just because. Son in law's asshole "contractor came in and said horizontal installation of a furnace is against code. Bunch of shit. The way I had it they could change the filter without even going downstairs which was good because the guy was getting old.

And then the asshole eliminates the main old panel and puts the mains coming in straight to the MLO panel I had installed which is strictly illegal. You need to be able to shut down the house in five moves, which my system facilitated.

With the stupidity on this planet I seriously am surprised that some idiot hasn't tried to drill a hole in his head for a "headphone" jack, literally.

It's disgusting really, I seem to have had more common sense at ten years old than some of these fully grown homosapiens.

Human fucking garbage. I am glad they have to pay $700 for a new phone or else get a cheap $20 one and pay for all that data n shit and not be able to use it.

Late fried of mine Jim Watt. I was over his house doing our usual bullshitting and procrastinating and up comes a story on the TV about 75 yer old Man marrying a 25 year old Woman and her taking him for most of the money he had. At first I said something like she should be shot.

But then he says, fuck him. If he is that stupid at that age how stupid was he when he was younger ? Did he really think this 25 year old fell in love with him ? He buys her cars, jewelry and clothes, probably never gets a piece of ass and now he is crying about it ? Fuck him. Stupid people exist because they were never taught. Now he got taught.

I had to give this a thought for a minute but after that I realized he was right.

All I at this point is that the world needs to start issuig alot more Darwin awards or the average IQ is going to go into negative numbers.

To drill into a smartphone like that ? How many levels of stupidity does that take ? They think the jack is under there but the manufacturer put it in but did not put a hole in the case so you could use it ? Why in the hell would they do such a thing ? Or did they think they were magically going to hit some places on the PC board and have their audio connected ? Did they think the lack of a hole made it waterproof or something ? How the fuck does it charge then ?

You know I am firmly against gun control, but things like this really do make me think twice. Like the guy who shot his olady, supposedly while cleaning his gun. Have a gun ? Ever clean it ? Do you clean it while it is loaded ? And another one, shot himself three times while cleaning his gun. Wouldn't you think that after the second time he would figure out that he should take the "bullets" out. (that is in paranth... whatever because they are rounds, bullets are the part that comes out of the barrel when you pull the trigger) What are these people doing cleaning guns, spraying Windex on them and working a scrub brush on the trigger ?

I advocate gun lesson in schools, all schools, required for graduation. By second grade you know to not touch one if you find it, but if there are other kids around you keep it pointed straight down and take it to an adult. Later, fifth or sixth grade, how to safely unload all the different types and once you pass that you can go on to marksmanship.

But we live in a society that first of all pays you more to play than work. And also with people so fucking stupid they should not be allowed to own a drill, and I don't just mean a power drill. They need to be in an environment like jail, with a plastic spork, no knives. Not even a screwdriver. And electricity ? Forget about it.

ohg...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2016, 2:01:15 PM9/27/16
On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 10:11:55 AM UTC-4, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> [...]

I drilled mine but only one side of my headphone jack is working, and I'm sure the headphones are OK because it works on my iPod. Should I drill a bit deeper?

captainvi...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2016, 8:45:47 PM9/28/16
On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 10:11:55 AM UTC-4, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
Don't drill it deeper. You need to drill a BIGGER hole John. Lenny

Jon Elson

Sep 29, 2016, 6:13:50 PM9/29/16
jurb...@gmail.com wrote:

> Anyway this brainiac had like a $7,000 piece of equipment, I think it was
> something like a mixing amp or some kind of digital synthesizer something
> to do with audio and very expensive.
>
> Well he wanted to mount it to something, some sort o rack or whatever and
> drilled holes in the bottom of it. Drilled right through a four layer PC
> board.
Yup, I sold a guy a system to control some servo motors in a CNC
application. It had 4 servo amplifiers with big power FETs on a mounting
plate, with Bergquist insulating thermal pads. He had a guy assemble it all
into a box, and this guy drilled big holes and put giant screws into the
mounting plate that shorted out the transistors. This was running off a 120
V DC supply. Lots of fireworks!

Jon

ohg...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2016, 11:36:48 AM9/30/16