On Trolls

peterw...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2018, 3:55:37 PM4/17/18
All:

Trolls get fat, happy and stupid by exploiting our inability to sit on our fingers as their bait floats across our screens. And, whereas it is entirely possible that some interesting sidebars may arise from troll-initiated discussions, it is NOT worth it. Really. IF you must participate in such a sidebar, start it as a separate subject on a new thread.

There is no training of trolls, there is no housebreaking of trolls, there is no shaming of trolls. No amount of vituperation or invective is capable of penetrating their hides - the only proper response is to ignore them entirely.

Please!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Rheilly Phoull

Apr 17, 2018, 9:28:39 PM4/17/18
+1

jurb...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2018, 1:16:44 AM4/20/18
I'm doing much better I let Slowman pitch his manure in SED a couple of times now and did not respond.

I am JURB and I am trollfeederaaholic.

Step one : To recognize the problem.
Step two :

Yeah, we need TA like AA. The 12 step program to recovery.

One day at a time.

Easy does it.

We can even use the same bumper stickers and avoid those "routine" traffic stops.

Jeff Liebermann

Apr 23, 2018, 5:03:53 PM4/23/18
On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 12:55:33 -0700 (PDT), "pf...@aol.com"
<peterw...@gmail.com> wrote:

>All:

Methinks that should be "You All" or "Y'all".

>Trolls get fat, happy and stupid by exploiting our inability to...
(etc).

I should include trolls in my biblical style description of various
Usenet personalities:
<http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/genesis.txt>
My "men of graffiti" are close, but not quite a troll.
Hmmm... I should probably take my own advice in the last line.

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

The Real Bev

Apr 23, 2018, 5:45:50 PM4/23/18
On 04/23/2018 02:03 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 12:55:33 -0700 (PDT), "pf...@aol.com"
> <peterw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>All:
>
> Methinks that should be "You All" or "Y'all".

"Y'all" is singular; "All y'all" is the plural.

Just sayin'

>>Trolls get fat, happy and stupid by exploiting our inability to...
> (etc).
>
> I should include trolls in my biblical style description of various
> Usenet personalities:
> <http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/genesis.txt>

:-)

> My "men of graffiti" are close, but not quite a troll.
> Hmmm... I should probably take my own advice in the last line.

You get to choose :-)

--
"I don't need instructions, I have a hammer."
-- T.W. Wier

peterw...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2018, 7:54:58 AM4/24/18
On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 5:03:53 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 12:55:33 -0700 (PDT), "pf...@aol.com"
> <peterw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >All:
>
> Methinks that should be "You All" or "Y'all".

Given my location, were I to indulge in a colloquial form of plural address, it would be Youns, pronounced Yuns to rhyme with Huns. As that would fly over the head of 50% of the population, and beneath the dignity of 49%, I will stick with the stodgy "All".

My wife is from Virginia, and even after 36 years, I still do not entirely understand the various forms of y'all, and how they are applied. There are at least six (6).

Jeff Liebermann

Apr 24, 2018, 12:08:10 PM4/24/18
On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 04:54:55 -0700 (PDT), "pf...@aol.com"
<peterw...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 5:03:53 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 12:55:33 -0700 (PDT), "pf...@aol.com"
>> <peterw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >All:
>>
>> Methinks that should be "You All" or "Y'all".
>
>Given my location, were I to indulge in a colloquial form of plural
>address, it would be Youns, pronounced Yuns to rhyme with Huns.
>As that would fly over the head of 50% of the population, and
>beneath the dignity of 49%, I will stick with the stodgy "All".

I haven't heard that pronounciation. One of my customers, from
somewhere in the south, ocassionally says "all". I have trouble
distinguishing his "all" from "oil". Both sound exactly the same to
me.

My husband tries to speak without a southern accent
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4arBraMyp0Q>

>My wife is from Virginia, and even after 36 years, I still do not
>entirely understand the various forms of y'all, and how they are
>applied. There are at least six (6).

I only know the two that I mentioned. I must be culturally deprived.