STK module replacement

tub...@myshop.com

Dec 28, 2019, 12:29:16 AM12/28/19
Got a nice JVC A-S7 amplifier. But one of the STK0055n final ICs died. A
darlington pair. Seems most of the STK modules are no longer available.
Has anyone come up with a board that discreet components can be used on,
and will fit the original IC holes on the board?

OR

Is there a complete amp final available that can be mounted inside the
amp and just wired in to replace the ICs.

This amp is rated at 50W per channel.

John-Del

Dec 28, 2019, 5:50:47 AM12/28/19
This company in Ireland has them at $65 U.S. each:

https://www.electronic-spare-parts.com/descript/s/stk_0055n.htm

For that kind of change, I would think they would be Sanken new old stock and not knockoffs of some kind. I changed tons of those during the day (mostly Fisher 0080 and 0100), but even 20 years ago they were obsolete by my memory.

Alibaba lists the STK0055N for about $12 shipped:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32820841800.html

The one review said it worked...

N_Cook

Dec 28, 2019, 11:51:31 AM12/28/19
I got in the habit in such situations was to always use a
commonly available TDA7293, 120-volt, 100-watt, DMOS .
Obviously requiring fanning out and sleeving the re-pinnning, into a bit
of a rats nest and also if mute is used then often having to put in an
inverting transistor stage in thr mute line.

--
Monthly public talks on science topics, Hampshire , England
<http://diverse.4mg.com/scicaf.htm>

Trevor Wilson

Dec 28, 2019, 4:05:57 PM12/28/19
**My local supplier, here in Australia suggests the STK0059 is a
suitable sub. I haven't checked the datasheets to be certain. Cost, here
in Oz, is less than 20 Bucks.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

John Robertson

Dec 30, 2019, 5:32:07 PM12/30/19
That Alibaba one sure looks authentic! Well, maybe not so authentic...
Like a poor copy of a copy...

Ali Baba and the 40 thieves is the full name of the original book if I
am not mistaken...and an interesting name choice for a company!

John :-#)#

John-Del

Dec 30, 2019, 6:04:27 PM12/30/19
Ali Baba was the good guy. The 40 thieves were, well, thieves. Ali Baba learned the secret phrase that the thieves used to gain entrance to a cave where they stashed their loot (as I recall).

John Robertson

Dec 30, 2019, 6:12:22 PM12/30/19
On 2019/12/30 3:04 p.m., John-Del wrote:
> Ali Baba was the good guy. The 40 thieves were, well, thieves. Ali Baba learned the secret phrase that the thieves used to gain entrance to a cave where they stashed their loot (as I recall).

True, he only stole from the thieves...which makes him the good guy...(?).

John ;-#)#

John-Del

Dec 31, 2019, 8:03:13 AM12/31/19
In a Robin Hood sort of way I guess. I'm 62 and read the story only once, and that was when I was in second or third grade, so I don't recall the particulars - but my recollection was that Ali Baba was the good guy.

John Robertson

Dec 31, 2019, 5:55:36 PM12/31/19
Yeah, he was the good guy in the story.

The Thousand and One Nights is good reading still... Download a copy
from Project Gutenberg.

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/34206

John :-#)#