Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

MOP CAP

ungelesen,
31.01.2018, 17:51:0531.01.18
an

My sone has posted the catalog sheet I promised on

http://www.bartlettstreet.com/electronics/PotTapers.jpg

CP

Fox's Mercantile

ungelesen,
31.01.2018, 18:22:1631.01.18
an
Thankies

Heh, and not a single K or W in the list. ;-)

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Phil Allison

ungelesen,
31.01.2018, 22:00:0231.01.18
an
Fox's Mercantile wrote:

--------------------------

> > My sone has posted the catalog sheet I promised on
> >

> > http://www.bartlettstreet.com/electronics/PotTapers.jpg
> >

> Heh, and not a single K or W in the list. ;-)

** Not a single mention of any of the time honoured code letters for tapers either.

FYI:

This wiring diagram for a late 60s Fender is instructive:

http://www.kbapps.com/audio/schematics/tubeamps/fender/vibroluxreverbab568layout.php

In order from the left, the pots are labelled:

50K RA, 3M RA, 100K L, 250K A, 250K A, 1M A, 250k A, 250K A, 1M A.

where RA = reverse audio, L = linear and A = audio.

The "3M RA " pot adjusts the phase shift oscillator part of the "Vibrato" circuit. Luckily, a 2M linear pot does the job at a pinch.

.... Phil

olds...@tubes.com

ungelesen,
06.02.2018, 17:32:4806.02.18
an
Thanks for that info. I saved that .jpg for reference.
I never knew there were that many variations. I once thought there were
only two kinds of pots, linear and audio. Maybe that was true on the old
tube gear, but not these days.

What catalog did that come from?

---
As an update on my Altec Lansing preamp. Altec no longer makes any of
their electronics, or even has parts. The phone number is not even valid
anymore. They only make speakers now.

I think I can glue some shaft onto the broken stub, so that's what I'll
have to do. At least the pot is still good. In the meantime, I'll be
watching ebay for an identical model which is being sold for parts.
Often they sell cheaply. I plan to keep this preamp, so spare parts
would be good to have.

MOP CAP

ungelesen,
06.02.2018, 17:59:3306.02.18
an
I think it can from a Centralab. The only indication is CRL in a
diamond in the lower corner of the full page.
Glad it was of use.
CP

0 neue Nachrichten