Dell Optiplex 760 power supply replacement

mrob...@att.net

Dec 30, 2014, 2:28:24 AM12/30/14
Hello all!

I recently replaced the power supply in a Dell Optiplex 760 mini-tower
PC. I found out that not any random ATX power supply will fit; the hole
in the Dell case is a little smaller than is standard. You need a power
supply where anything that sticks out on the back panel, like the AC
line connector, isn't too close to the edge of the power supply. I
couldn't make an Antec Basiq 350 fit - its line connector was too close
to the edge. An Antec VP450 fit and worked OK.

I made a small writeup about it:
http://birdbird.org/electronics/optiplex-760-power/optiplex-760-power.html

Also note this is *not* one of the "small case" versions of the Optiplex
760; those take a non-ATX supply that I don't know much about.

Standard disclaimers apply: I don't get money or other consideration
from any companies mentioned.

I hope this helps!

Matt Roberds