Mits model CS 35707 - IC 6F01 still available?

stok...@cox.net

Jul 31, 2010, 5:15:57 PM7/31/10
I haven't even looked at the set, but my coworker says the picture
suddenly lost all red color. A little research and I found this is not
uncommon with this set, including the diode addition fix. I'm not
ready to order parts, but if this is what I need, I can't locate this
part anywhere. Search of web and this group came up empty. Anyone here
know of a cross reference part or where to purchase the original?
Thankyou for your time.

whit3rd

Jul 31, 2010, 9:54:33 PM7/31/10
On Jul 31, 2:15 pm, stoke...@cox.net wrote:
> I haven't even looked at the set, but my coworker says the picture
> suddenly lost all red color. A little research and I found this is not
> uncommon with this set,

Losing red on any CRT means, usually, a bad connection on
the red channel of the video board (failed components are
possible, including the CRT, but that's less likely).
Inspect for solder joint failure at the connector and
the video drive transistors.

David Farber

Aug 4, 2010, 4:57:40 PM8/4/10

You aren't by any chance confusing the location number with the part number
are you? The part number is, AN5862K and you can find them on eBay. Also MCM
electronics says they are on backorder for a couple of weeks.

Good luck.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

stok...@cox.net

Aug 6, 2010, 5:11:39 AM8/6/10
On Aug 4, 3:57 pm, "David Farber" <farberbear.uns...@aol.com> wrote:

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for the reply. I posted the location
number since I figured alot of techs would be familiar with this
particular part. I did search by part number, and came up empty. I
will surf ebay and see what's available. Still haven't put my hands on
the set, but as I said, if this part is confirmed shot, want to be
able to order at that time. Thanks again.

David Farber

Aug 7, 2010, 12:17:11 AM8/7/10

Just replace it. They fail frequently with the symptoms you noted. Here's a
link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PANASONIC-AN5862K-/290397748187?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0