Bluetooth headphone repair

Ivan Vegvary

Sep 20, 2017, 9:51:09 PM9/20/17
Model Sentry BT925

Yes, it's only $24 at my local discount store and it might not be worth fixing but it's hard to find one that fits my fat head!

Problem: Blue light (power) stays on and can not be turned off. After a long time (24 to 30 hours) it does go off and the phones function fine.

In the meantime, you cannot pair, listen or do anything. BTW, after the light does go out, battery is not drained, one can power up, hold the button down for flashing red light (pairing), and successfully pair.

This condition (can't turn off, on or pair) seems to happen when the 'logic' gets confused. Walking 30 feet from source (out of range) can bring it on, also trying to pair it while other devices (phone, tablet, desktop) might still be linked.

Very little information on the web, what I would really like is a "DEFAULT RESET" function. I suppose I could put a switch in the battery circuit and do a manual shutoff.
Thanks for any ideas.

Ivan Vegvary, Oregon

John-Del

Sep 22, 2017, 1:46:02 PM9/22/17
$16.80 on ebay including shipping: item 172863952489

Unless you can try a firmware (available, possible?), you're looking at a $16.80 dead end...