USB vs "regular" charging

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Oct 25, 2015, 3:18:09 PM10/25/15
Laptop with a "regular" adaptor/charger.

If pumped in power via USB:

Would it work?

Would it blow?

Much Obliged

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

John Robertson

Oct 25, 2015, 4:17:05 PM10/25/15
On 10/25/2015 12:18 PM, vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> Laptop with a "regular" adaptor/charger.
>
> If pumped in power via USB:
>
> Would it work?
>
> Would it blow?
>
> Much Obliged

You can not charge a computer (traditional laptop) using the USB port.

Probably won't hurt the USB port, but why take a chance? If you have a
dead charger you will need to replace it I'm afraid...

John :-#(#

www.flippers.com

Bob F

Oct 26, 2015, 3:07:37 PM10/26/15
John Robertson wrote:
> On 10/25/2015 12:18 PM, vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
>> Laptop with a "regular" adaptor/charger.
>>
>> If pumped in power via USB:
>>
>> Would it work?
>>
>> Would it blow?
>>
>> Much Obliged
>
> You can not charge a computer (traditional laptop) using the USB port.
>
> Probably won't hurt the USB port, but why take a chance? If you have a
> dead charger you will need to replace it I'm afraid...

To put it another way - There is no way power introduced by a USB port would
charge a computer battery.