Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

Source for 16 Gauge, Solid Condutor, NOT Stranded, Insulator Wire

Visto 57 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

jaugu...@verizon.net

no leída,
17 oct 2018, 14:51:5017/10/18
I have been looking for a source to buy 16 gauge, solid conductor
(single conductor), NOT stranded, insulated wire. The only place I found
locally is an electrical supply store, but I would have to buy a 500 FT roll.
I would like to buy a 50 FT roll, but I would settle for a 100 FT roll.

A Google search led me to places such as Home Depot and others.
However, the word "STRANDED" is part of the wire description. I
used the "- stranded" (minus stranded) in the search string, but that
did NOT work!!!!!!!!

I also used another search engine without success. The TROUBLE
with most Search Engines, they try to impress the "searcher" (us) with a
LARGE NUMBER of "hits" rather than finding EXACTLY what we want.

Thank You in advance, John

Tom Biasi

no leída,
17 oct 2018, 15:24:1117/10/18

mrob...@att.net

no leída,
17 oct 2018, 15:33:1117/10/18
jaugu...@verizon.net wrote:
> I have been looking for a source to buy 16 gauge, solid conductor
> (single conductor), NOT stranded, insulated wire.

Digi-Key sells 50 foot spools of 16 gauge solid wire in several colors
for about $19 plus shipping. General Cable/Carol brand, 300 V, 105 C.
Digi-Key part number C2053x-50-ND, where x indicates the color (A, N, S,
V, B, Y).

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/cables-wires/single-conductor-cables-hook-up-wire/474?k=&pkeyword=&pv77=6176&sf=0&FV=ffec9d08&quantity=&ColumnSort=0&page=1&stock=1&pageSize=25

Mouser sells 100 foot spools of 16 gauge solid wire in several colors for
about $51 plus shipping. Alpha brand, 300 V, 105 C. Mouser part number
602-3057/1-100-0x, where x is 1 through 9 depending on color.

https://www.mouser.com/Alpha-Wire/Wire-Cable/Hook-up-Wire/3057-Series/_/N-5ggs?P=1yzshz6Z1z0xfpoZ1z0zo8oZ1z0juks

I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

peterw...@gmail.com

no leída,
17 oct 2018, 15:51:5417/10/18

Dave Platt

no leída,
17 oct 2018, 18:19:2117/10/18

In article <9pafsdlbqm66qkj69...@4ax.com>,
KenW <ken...@invalid.net> wrote:

>Search for solid conductor
>Home electrical cable, not sure if 16 gage available

It seems to be hard to find in 16-gauge. All the big-box stores seem
to carry 12- and 14-gauge solid, but all of their 16-gauge is stranded.

I'd guess it's an issue of the electrical codes. Solid wire is used
for in-wall and other permanent installations, and the codes probably
consider 16 gauge to be inadequate for the current demand of normal
home circuits, so 16-gauge can't be used for in-wall outlet wiring, so
there's little demand for the stores to carry it.

I was thinking of suggesting buying a length of Romex (which everybody
carries) and cutting it open and salvaging the conductors... but these
seem to follow the same rule - only 14-gauge and thicker is available
with solid conductors.

So, 16-gauge solid wire _is_ available, but it's more of specialty
item, and by-the-roll purchase is more likely to be required (the
stores don't stock rolls on their by-the-foot dispenser).

Jeff Liebermann

no leída,
17 oct 2018, 20:47:2017/10/18
On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 14:51:12 -0400, jaugu...@verizon.net wrote:

> A Google search led me to places such as Home Depot and others.
>However, the word "STRANDED" is part of the wire description. I
>used the "- stranded" (minus stranded) in the search string, but that
>did NOT work!!!!!!!!

Try putting the "-" sign in front of the word "stranded" WITHOUT the
space in between. Like this: "16 awg solid -stranded wire"
<https://www.google.com/search?q=16+awg+solid+-stranded+wire>
Looks like it find plenty of possible sources.

If you want to look at just the eBay

I would go with the eBay rolls that others have suggested.

Try advanced search. Note the "none of these words" box:
<https://www.google.com/advanced_search>

Refine web searches
<https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433?hl=en>

Search Operators
<http://www.googleguide.com/advanced_operators_reference.html>

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Jeff Liebermann

no leída,
17 oct 2018, 20:55:1817/10/18
On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 17:47:29 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
wrote:

Sorry. I hit "send" when the phone rang.

>If you want to look at just the eBay

If you want to look at what's on eBay in the way of 16 awg solid, try
this search string: "16 awg solid -stranded wire site:ebay.com"
<https://www.google.com/search?q=16+awg+solid+-stranded+wire+site:ebay.com>

It's also sometimes better to search by photos (images) instead of
words:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=16+awg+solid+-stranded+wire&tbm=isch>

jaugu...@verizon.net

no leída,
18 oct 2018, 16:52:3418/10/18
Hi Matt,

I like your reply the best. I use to order stuff from both companies some
time ago. Too bad those companies did NOT show in the Google search.
I totally forgot about them until you mentioned their names.

Thanks again, John

jaugu...@verizon.net

no leída,
19 oct 2018, 15:44:3119/10/18
<SNIP>
>>Digi-Key sells 50 foot spools of 16 gauge solid wire in several colors
>>for about $19 plus shipping. General Cable/Carol brand, 300 V, 105 C.
>>Digi-Key part number C2053x-50-ND, where x indicates the color (A, N, S,
>>V, B, Y).
>>
>>https://www.digikey.com/products/en/cables-wires/single-conductor-cables-hook-up-wire/474?k=&pkeyword=&pv77=6176&sf=0&FV=ffec9d08&quantity=&ColumnSort=0&page=1&stock=1&pageSize=25
>>
>>Mouser sells 100 foot spools of 16 gauge solid wire in several colors for
>>about $51 plus shipping. Alpha brand, 300 V, 105 C. Mouser part number
>>602-3057/1-100-0x, where x is 1 through 9 depending on color.
>>
>>https://www.mouser.com/Alpha-Wire/Wire-Cable/Hook-up-Wire/3057-Series/_/N-5ggs?P=1yzshz6Z1z0xfpoZ1z0zo8oZ1z0juks
>>
>>I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.
>>
>>Matt Roberds
>
>Hi Matt,
>
> I like your reply the best. I use to order stuff from both companies some
>time ago. Too bad those companies did NOT show in the Google search.
>I totally forgot about them until you mentioned their names.
>
> Thanks again, John

Hi Matt,

UPDATE:

I ordered a 50 FT. roll from Digit Key # C2053A-50-ND for $18.69 plus
S&H.

John

John-Del

no leída,
20 oct 2018, 15:04:1020/10/18
Just curious: what are you using this wire for?
0 mensajes nuevos