Sony KV27EXR20 Sound no picture

mnpinball

Nov 26, 2010, 8:07:42 PM11/26/10
I have a Sony KV27EXR20 and am experiencing sound without picture.
I had replaced IC651 STRS6301 and other caps on the G-board.

The tube glows and has power, once the set was plugged in and powered
on it went to degauss mode and you feel static on the glass.

Your help is appreciated.

mnpinball

Nov 26, 2010, 9:23:59 PM11/26/10
After looking at some other posts of the same problem, I also left the
TV on for a few minutes and the picture comes up. BUT, the picture
goes on then off and cycles like this every 2 seconds constantly.

Any help is appreciated.

nucleus

Nov 27, 2010, 9:11:55 AM11/27/10
remove degauss thermistor, if cycling stops, replace thermistor.

Chuck

Nov 27, 2010, 7:40:32 PM11/27/10

Raise the screen voltage. The crt is going bad but it might work ok
for a year or two. Chuck

Dec 3, 2010, 3:32:00 PM12/3/10
On Nov 27, 3:23 am, mnpinball <mnpinb...@yahoo.com> wrote:UT, the

picture
> goes on then off and cycles like this every 2 seconds constantly.

This is the classic sign of a tired Sony tube. The AKB blanks out the
picture if one of the 3 guns is not emitting well.
There are a few 'bodges' such as changing the value of the heater feed
series resistor to 0R5 instead of 1R, and/or raising the SCREEN preset
on the line transformer, but these are short term fixes whose
effectivenss can generally be measured in weeks or months, if that.
I'd give it a try, but look around locally for another set. You can
get decent used sets from the likes of Hitachi and Toshiba for next to
nothing as people 'upgrade' to flat panels.
-B