What free cross-platform benchmark tools do you use to benchmark phones?

harry newton

Dec 28, 2017, 6:31:30 AM12/28/17
What free cross-platform benchmark tools do you use to benchmark phones?

I bought a handful of Costco $130 Android LG Stylo 3 Plus phablets as
stocking stuffers that I wish to benchmark against my sister's $670 iPhone
7 Plus.

T-Mobile LG Stylo 3 Plus (aka TP450):
<https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone/lg-stylo-3-plus>
<http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-TP450-stylo-3-plus>
<https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_stylo_3_plus-8694.php>
T-Mobile Apple iPhone 7 Plus:
<https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone-7-plus>
<https://www.apple.com/iphone-7/specs/>
<https://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_7_plus-8065.php>

I can compare them based on pure hardware specs but benchmarks are better:
<https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/LG-Stylo-3-Plus,Apple-iPhone-7-Plus/phones/10534,9816>

The problem is most Internet benchmark test results are platform specific:
<https://www.androidbenchmark.net>

And most free benchmarking tools seem to only work on one platform:
<https://www.greenbot.com/article/2843337/test-your-android-phones-performance-with-these-free-benchmarking-tools.html>

Hence the consumer-available cross-platform benchmark question:
Q: What free cross-platform benchmark tools do you use to benchmark phones?

harry newton

Dec 28, 2017, 6:10:56 PM12/28/17
He who is Piet said on Thu, 28 Dec 2017 13:34:59 +0100:

> harry newton wrote:
>> The problem is most Internet benchmark test results are platform specific:
>> <https://www.androidbenchmark.net>
>> And most free benchmarking tools seem to only work on one platform:
>
> I'd expect so. I can install some version of Windows on a pc and run
> a benchmark. I can install some version of Linux on the same pe can
> run a benchmark. I'd never expect the same results.
>
>> <https://www.greenbot.com/article/2843337/test-your-android-phones-performance-with-these-free-benchmarking-tools.html>
>
> See second paragraph under Interpreting Results. Comparing devices
> with the same OS already has its problems, and you want to aggravate
> them by comparing Apples with Phones.

I understand that the benchmarks don't generally cross platforms, but the
$130 LG Stylo 3 Plus 32GB octacore phablet is similar in raw specs to the
$670 Apple iPhone 7 Plus 32GB quadcore phablet - so I was hoping to see how
they differed in performance.

The iPhone has half as many cores, but a faster clock speed for half of
those, while the LG has the same clock speed for 4 of its cores that the
iPhone has for 2 of its cores.

The iPhone has 1GB more RAM (at 3GB) while the LG raw specs are better than
the iPhone on almost all other hardware attributes.

Hence I wanted a one-to-one comparison of the two since I have access to
both.

pf...@aol.com

Dec 29, 2017, 8:05:09 AM12/29/17
I believe this is our same troll with the BMW problem. Seems to originate from the same source with the same style. Don't feed the troll.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Stephen Wolstenholme

Dec 29, 2017, 9:53:51 AM12/29/17