OT: UK hackers delight

N_Cook

Jan 30, 2016, 6:10:55 AM1/30/16
Poundland, so 1GBP per lamp, now have 3 LED 2.6W 4000k mains lamps, that
come apart with 2x3 screws, easily removed 3 LEDs, 3 separate
condenser/focus lenses and for good measure 3.3uF,400V cap

Adrian Caspersz

Jan 30, 2016, 6:45:24 PM1/30/16

N_Cook

Jan 31, 2016, 4:29:26 AM1/31/16
Yes, the main transistor is (PHE/ST/MJE etc)13003 700V , 1.5W TO92 and
also 1N4007 SMD, I assume the LV side smoothing chip cap is a useful
muffery.
He did not remove an LED there. It would expose the weakness. If the
heatsink plate bows at all ,then the LEDs (great for hackability though)
only have white goo between their heatsink backing and the lamp's
heatsinking disc

N_Cook

Jan 31, 2016, 6:46:49 AM1/31/16
And a parts-mule of 3 of those very tiny CSK screws that hold the
innards of laptops together.

N_Cook

Feb 1, 2016, 10:14:38 AM2/1/16
chip cap is LV 3.3uF. Going by memory the HF mini transformer looks the
same size as reverb tank coils. The next time I have a failed coil I'll
try the HV coil of that core, heat separates the ferrite easily.
Probably not enough turns for a full replacement job but might give some
reverb instead of no reverb.