Need a schematic for a Fisher RS-717 receiver

John-Del

Jul 20, 2018, 10:10:32 PM7/20/18
Fisher RS-717 with water damage. Guy wants it fixed for nostalgia's sake...

John

jurb...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2018, 7:17:20 PM7/21/18
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 9:10:32 PM UTC-5, John-Del wrote:
> Fisher RS-717 with water damage. Guy wants it fixed for nostalgia's sake...
>
> John

Nobody has it on all the freebie sites I know. Perhaps SAMS ?

Or would you rather elaborate on the problem and maybe do it without the print ?

John-Del

Jul 23, 2018, 10:35:20 AM7/23/18
It had water damage. Screeching, squawking, full volume with the vol at zero, or no sound at all. I had to remove several connectors and other parts to wash the board in a parts washer (my sink). After reassembly, it works fine except the FM is low volume on both channels. AM is normal volume as are the other inputs. I think there's a problem around the function select IC (if not the IC itself).

I'm going to see if the customer uses the FM. If so, I'll have to do this backwards using datasheets. A schematic is almost like cheating... :)

captainvi...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2018, 4:01:31 PM7/25/18
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 10:10:32 PM UTC-4, John-Del wrote:
> Fisher RS-717 with water damage. Guy wants it fixed for nostalgia's sake...
>
> John

John
What happens if you look at the discriminator output? What if you switch to FM mono? Maybe there is a circuit right after that output that "preamplifies the demodulated signal before it gets to the common audio circuits? Lenny

John-Del

Jul 27, 2018, 7:50:33 AM7/27/18
No change in mono mode Len.

In any case, it doesn't matter. Customer doesn't use FM so he picked it up yesterday.