Replacement EEPROM

Jeffrey D Angus

May 28, 2010, 4:09:48 PM5/28/10
The TI TBP18SA030 is a 16 pin fusible link PROM.
32 X 8 bits.

Anybody got some suggestions on what I can use for a replacement?
The SN74S188 is supposed to be the same, but that doesn't solve
my problem.

I'm looking for something along the lines of 27C64 or such.
I don't mind making up a 16 -> 28 pin adapter.

Thanks
Jeff

--
�Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.�
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com

Cydrome Leader

May 28, 2010, 8:37:14 PM5/28/10
Jeffrey D Angus <jan...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
> The TI TBP18SA030 is a 16 pin fusible link PROM.
> 32 X 8 bits.
>
> Anybody got some suggestions on what I can use for a replacement?
> The SN74S188 is supposed to be the same, but that doesn't solve
> my problem.

it looks like still make it in extended temp rage in a ceramic case as
JBP18S030MJ. I wonder who still uses these or what they're fixing
with them.

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/jbp18s030.pdf

Jeff Liebermann

May 28, 2010, 10:17:40 PM5/28/10
On Fri, 28 May 2010 15:09:48 -0500, Jeffrey D Angus
<jan...@suddenlink.net> wrote:

>The TI TBP18SA030 is a 16 pin fusible link PROM.
>32 X 8 bits.
>
>Anybody got some suggestions on what I can use for a replacement?
>The SN74S188 is supposed to be the same, but that doesn't solve
>my problem.
>
>I'm looking for something along the lines of 27C64 or such.
>I don't mind making up a 16 -> 28 pin adapter.

74S288 by National Semi and 82S123 by Pilips and Signetics.

Make me rich and I'll send you the official bipolar PROM bag phone
programmer. Are you programming an MCX-90/100? There's also a
Standard low-band radio I have buried somewhere that uses this bipolar
PROM. You might ask on the Batlabs forum.

$10/ea from Jameco:
<http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_48717_-1>

This might be useful:
<http://www.biltronix.com/battlezone_2.html>

I found this in my bag phone programming collection:

BRAND OPEN COL. TRI-STATE OPEN COL. TRI-STATE
Signetics 82S23 82S123
Texas Inst. 74S188 74S288 TBP18SA030 TBP18S030
AMD AM27LS18 AM27LS19 AM27S18 AM27S19
Texas Inst. TBP38SA030 TBP38S030
Harris HM7602 HM7603
MMI 53/6330 53/6331
MMI 53/63S080 53/63S081
NSC DM54S188 DM54S288 DM74S188
NSC DM82S23 DM82S123
Motorola This is for a special NAM used in some Motorolas. Requires
an adapter.
Fujitsu MB7056 MB7051

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com je...@cruzio.com
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS

whit3rd

May 30, 2010, 6:23:36 PM5/30/10
On May 28, 1:09 pm, Jeffrey D Angus <jan...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
> The TI TBP18SA030 is a 16 pin fusible link PROM.
> 32 X 8 bits.
>
> Anybody got some suggestions on what I can use for a replacement?

Well, just about any PAL with five inputs and eight outputs...

> I'm looking for something along the lines of 27C64 or such.
> I don't mind making up a 16 -> 28 pin adapter.

It's for a onesie? Maybe 28F64 would be easier than 27C64 to
program... neither is going to be as fast as the TBP18SA030
(about 30 ns, I think).

gregor...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2016, 5:04:07 PM11/5/16
The Control Signal Corporation (CSC) of Denver, CO used this PROM (U1) in their model CWID-50B and -51B
Automatic Station Identifiers with FCC licensed Land Mobile or Amateur Radio Repeaters.
The PROM held the Morse Code (CW) message -- typically FCC license callsign.
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/jbp18s030.pdf

CSC CWID-50B : Owner's Manual
http://www.repeater-builder.com/other-mfrs/pdfs/csc-cwid-50-51-identifiers.pdf

The original 16-pin TTL PROM (32 x 8) -- TBP18SA030 -- is obsolete (no longer production) and the 1970s programmers are rare to find.
You can DIY Build an adapter to allow the usage of the more readily available 27Cxxx / 28Cxxx series EPROMS.
The CSC CWID-50B manual walks you through what each bit on the PROM is used for.

gb