Why we have Gravity

fitz

Aug 19, 2010, 10:01:17 PM8/19/10
Why we have Gravity

A correct theory of gravity will show us these four (4) things:
1. It will show us why gravity also acts like acceleration (principle
of equvalence).
2. It will show us the actual cause of gravity.
3. It will show us why gravitational force and inertial force are
equivalent.
4. It will show us the speed of gravitational attraction.

Newton said gravity was acting at a much faster speed than Einstein.
Which one of them is right?

http://www.amperefitz.com/why.we.have.gravity.htm
Click that link above if you like Science!

David Nebenzahl

Aug 20, 2010, 1:47:39 PM8/20/10
On 8/19/2010 7:01 PM fitz spake thus:

> Why we have Gravity
>
> A correct theory of gravity will show us these four (4) things:
> 1. It will show us why gravity also acts like acceleration (principle
> of equvalence).
> 2. It will show us the actual cause of gravity.
> 3. It will show us why gravitational force and inertial force are
> equivalent.
> 4. It will show us the speed of gravitational attraction.

Well, I'm personally anti-gravity.

*Down with gravity!*

Bob Villa

Aug 20, 2010, 2:10:16 PM8/20/10

...and gravity says, "down with us".

GregS

Aug 20, 2010, 3:34:57 PM8/20/10
In article <4c6ebf82$0$2370$8226...@news.adtechcomputers.com>, David Nebenzahl <nob...@but.us.chickens> wrote:
>On 8/19/2010 7:01 PM fitz spake thus:
>
>> Why we have Gravity
>>
>> A correct theory of gravity will show us these four (4) things:
>> 1. It will show us why gravity also acts like acceleration (principle
>> of equvalence).
>> 2. It will show us the actual cause of gravity.
>> 3. It will show us why gravitational force and inertial force are
>> equivalent.
>> 4. It will show us the speed of gravitational attraction.
>
>Well, I'm personally anti-gravity.
>
>*Down with gravity!*

Its not down. Its into.

William Sommerwerck

Aug 20, 2010, 5:31:38 PM8/20/10
> *Down with gravity!*

That's the direction it usually works in, isn't it?

Bob Villa

Aug 21, 2010, 8:09:32 AM8/21/10
On Aug 20, 2:34 pm, zekfr...@zekfrivolous.com (GregS) wrote:

It is supposed to be humorous.

Jeffrey Angus

Aug 21, 2010, 8:39:48 AM8/21/10
There is no gravity.
The earth sucks, that's what keeps us from falling off.

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 21, 2010, 9:33:39 AM8/21/10

Jeffrey Angus wrote:

> There is no gravity.
> The earth sucks, that's what keeps us from falling off.

Skippy did.

Jeff Liebermann

Aug 21, 2010, 12:17:37 PM8/21/10
On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:01:17 -0700 (PDT), fitz <zeu...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Why we have Gravity

It's a side effect of distortions in space-time caused by massive
objects. The bigger the mass, the more dense the explanation.

>A correct theory of gravity will show us these four (4) things:
>1. It will show us why gravity also acts like acceleration (principle
>of equvalence).

Gravity does not accelerate. You accelerate.

>2. It will show us the actual cause of gravity.

Gravity is caused by graviton particles. When you show us a graviton,
there's a Nobel Prize waiting.

>3. It will show us why gravitational force and inertial force are
>equivalent.

Gravity is static, while inertia is dynamic (requires motion). An
object at rest has no inertial forces. You can't have it both ways.

>4. It will show us the speed of gravitational attraction.

Same as the speed of light. Any faster and you get a speeding ticket.

>Newton said gravity was acting at a much faster speed than Einstein.
>Which one of them is right?

Einstein.

>http://www.amperefitz.com/why.we.have.gravity.htm
>Click that link above if you like Science!

I hate science. Life would be much simpler if we didn't have science.

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

><(((°>

Aug 21, 2010, 5:02:27 PM8/21/10

Being a Newton myself I know exactly why we have gravity.

It's because apples are meant to be eaten and when they come loose from
apple trees something is needed to make them move to the ground rather
than them being blown away in the wind.
That in a nutshell, and straight from the horses mouth via my great great
great granddad Issac and passed down though generations, is why we have
gravity.

If Einstein thought differently he was wrong.

David Nebenzahl

Aug 22, 2010, 12:48:21 AM8/22/10
On 8/21/2010 2:02 PM > spake thus:

> Being a Newton myself I know exactly why we have gravity.
>
> It's because apples are meant to be eaten and when they come loose from
> apple trees something is needed to make them move to the ground rather
> than them being blown away in the wind.
> That in a nutshell, and straight from the horses mouth via my great great
> great granddad Issac and passed down though generations, is why we have
> gravity.
>
> If Einstein thought differently he was wrong.

What, you're saying that Einstein hated apples?

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 22, 2010, 3:17:46 AM8/22/10

David Nebenzahl wrote:

> On 8/21/2010 2:02 PM > spake thus:
>
> > Being a Newton myself I know exactly why we have gravity.
> >
> > It's because apples are meant to be eaten and when they come loose from
> > apple trees something is needed to make them move to the ground rather
> > than them being blown away in the wind.
> > That in a nutshell, and straight from the horses mouth via my great great
> > great granddad Issac and passed down though generations, is why we have
> > gravity.
> >
> > If Einstein thought differently he was wrong.
>
> What, you're saying that Einstein hated apples?

Figs. ;-)

RichTravsky

Aug 22, 2010, 10:57:02 PM8/22/10
fitz wrote:

> Why we have Gravity
>
> A correct theory of gravity will show us these four (4) things:
> 1. It will show us why gravity also acts like acceleration (principle
> of equvalence).
> 2. It will show us the actual cause of gravity.
> 3. It will show us why gravitational mass and inertial mass are
> identical.

> 4. It will show us the speed of gravitational attraction.
>
> Newton said gravity was acting at a much faster speed than Einstein.

Well, the average running speed of a human is around 10 mph. Sprints, the
record is under 30 mph. I don't know how athletic Einstein was so we could
use a figure of 3 mph walking speed. Nice to set some lower boundaries
on the SoG (speed of gravity).

BURT

Aug 22, 2010, 11:48:04 PM8/22/10
> > Click that link above if you like Science!- Hide quoted text -

God is creating gravity.

Mitch Raemsch

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 23, 2010, 3:24:38 PM8/23/10

RichTravsky wrote:

> fitz wrote:
> >
> > Why we have Gravity
> >
> > A correct theory of gravity will show us these four (4) things:
> > 1. It will show us why gravity also acts like acceleration (principle
> > of equvalence).
> > 2. It will show us the actual cause of gravity.
> > 3. It will show us why gravitational mass and inertial mass are
> > identical.
> > 4. It will show us the speed of gravitational attraction.
> >
> > Newton said gravity was acting at a much faster speed than Einstein.
>
> Well, the average running speed of a human is around 10 mph. Sprints, the
> record is under 30 mph. I don't know how athletic Einstein was so we could
> use a figure of 3 mph walking speed. Nice to set some lower boundaries
> on the SoG (speed of gravity).

Slow Old Geezers.

Bob Villa

Aug 23, 2010, 3:45:40 PM8/23/10
On Aug 23, 12:24 pm, "Michael A. Terrell" <mike.terr...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

I resemble that remark!

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 23, 2010, 3:50:25 PM8/23/10

Admitting it is the first step to recovery! ;-)

Igor

Aug 23, 2010, 3:51:38 PM8/23/10

So does that mean the devil is creating comedy?

Bob Villa

Aug 23, 2010, 7:14:20 PM8/23/10
On Aug 23, 2:50 pm, "Michael A. Terrell" <mike.terr...@earthlink.net>

There is no recovery...slow, old geezers only get slower.

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 23, 2010, 10:36:34 PM8/23/10

Shut up, and take your medication before the nurse calls the
orderlies! ;-)

Dan

Aug 23, 2010, 10:57:38 PM8/23/10

Get off my lawn, you young whippersnapper.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 23, 2010, 11:59:15 PM8/23/10

Make me! I have to warn you that I'm not afraid to use my VA issued
cane.

Is that Nurse Ratchet behind you?

Dan

Aug 24, 2010, 12:38:40 AM8/24/10

No, it's Nurse Diesel and she wants to give you an exam.

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 24, 2010, 7:29:30 AM8/24/10

Unfortunatly, my VA nurse IS Nurse Ratchet. :(

GregS

Aug 24, 2010, 9:10:53 AM8/24/10
In article <4c6fc914$0$11842$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>, Jeffrey Angus <jan...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
>There is no gravity.
>The earth sucks, that's what keeps us from falling off.

We are being pushed down by dark energy.

Dan

Aug 24, 2010, 10:31:24 AM8/24/10

I live far enough away from the Pensacola and Panama City clinics to
get to use private medical care. That doesn't mean I don't get called in
by VA once in awhile to get poked and probed to see if I am still
disabled. I remember meeting a man who lost a leg in Viet Nam getting
called in periodically to see if it had grown back.

If you enjoy a morbid visual: the driveway to the Biloxi VA hospital
runs through a cemetery.

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 24, 2010, 5:41:33 PM8/24/10

Dan wrote:

> Michael A. Terrell wrote:
> > Dan wrote:
> ???? Michael A. Terrell wrote:
> ????? Bob Villa wrote:
> ?????? On Aug 23, 2:50 pm, "Michael A. Terrell" ?mike.terr...@earthlink.net?
> ?????? wrote:
> ??????? Bob Villa wrote:
> ???????
> ???????? On Aug 23, 12:24 pm, "Michael A. Terrell" ?mike.terr...@earthlink.net?
> ???????? wrote:
> ????????? RichTravsky wrote:
> ?????????? fitz wrote:
> ??????????? Why we have Gravity
> ??????????? A correct theory of gravity will show us these four (4) things:
> ??????????? 1. It will show us why gravity also acts like acceleration (principle
> ??????????? of equvalence).
> ??????????? 2. It will show us the actual cause of gravity.
> ??????????? 3. It will show us why gravitational mass and inertial mass are
> ??????????? identical.
> ??????????? 4. It will show us the speed of gravitational attraction.
> ??????????? Newton said gravity was acting at a much faster speed than Einstein.
> ?????????? Well, the average running speed of a human is around 10 mph. Sprints, the
> ?????????? record is under 30 mph. I don't know how athletic Einstein was so we could
> ?????????? use a figure of 3 mph walking speed. Nice to set some lower boundaries
> ?????????? on the SoG (speed of gravity).
> ????????? Slow Old Geezers.
> ???????? I resemble that remark!
> ??????? Admitting it is the first step to recovery! ;-)
> ?????? There is no recovery...slow, old geezers only get slower.
> ????? Shut up, and take your medication before the nurse calls the
> ????? orderlies! ;-)
> ???? Get off my lawn, you young whippersnapper.
> ???
> ??? Make me! I have to warn you that I'm not afraid to use my VA issued
> ??? cane.
> ???
> ???
> ??? Is that Nurse Ratchet behind you?
> ?? No, it's Nurse Diesel and she wants to give you an exam.
> ?
> ?
> ? Unfortunatly, my VA nurse IS Nurse Ratchet. :(

> I live far enough away from the Pensacola and Panama City clinics to
> get to use private medical care. That doesn't mean I don't get called in
> by VA once in awhile to get poked and probed to see if I am still
> disabled. I remember meeting a man who lost a leg in Viet Nam getting
> called in periodically to see if it had grown back.

I built a TV station in the Ft. Walton beach/Destin area about 20
years ago.

> If you enjoy a morbid visual: the driveway to the Biloxi VA hospital
> runs through a cemetery.

That's well out of my driving range. The finally started to remodel
the Gainesville VA hospital late last year. What a mess!

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 24, 2010, 6:47:38 PM8/24/10

GregS wrote:

> In article ?4c6fc914$0$11842$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net?, Jeffrey Angus ?jan...@suddenlink.net? wrote:
> ?There is no gravity.
> ?The earth sucks, that's what keeps us from falling off.

> We are being pushed down by dark energy.

That's still better than dork energy. ;-)

bert

Aug 25, 2010, 1:16:59 PM8/25/10
On Aug 24, 5:41 pm, "Michael A. Terrell" <mike.terr...@earthlink.net>
> the Gainesville VA hospital late last year.  What a mess!- Hide quoted text -

Gravity was used by mother nature as her first balancing act. Knowing
this I came up with my "Concave and Convex Theory" TreBert

RichTravsky

Aug 29, 2010, 9:34:51 PM8/29/10

And older...

Dan

Aug 29, 2010, 10:39:33 PM8/29/10

It could be worse. Those who write music start decomposing when they die.

BobW

Aug 30, 2010, 12:40:27 AM8/30/10

"Dan" <B24...@aol.com> wrote in message
> RichTravsky wrote:

>>> There is no recovery...slow, old geezers only get slower.
>>
>> And older...
>
> It could be worse. Those who write music start decomposing when they die.
>
> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

That's really sick, Dan.

Of course, you do know what they found on Beethoven's piano bench after he
had died? His last movement.

Bob
--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==

Dan

Aug 30, 2010, 1:40:46 AM8/30/10
BobW wrote:
> "Dan" <B24...@aol.com> wrote in message

>>> And older...
>> It could be worse. Those who write music start decomposing when they die.
>>
>> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
>

> That's really sick, Dan.
>
> Of course, you do know what they found on Beethoven's piano bench after he
> had died? His last movement.
>
> Bob

And Bach drank Beethoven's fifth. He knew where it was Haydn.

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 30, 2010, 4:24:22 AM8/30/10

RichTravsky wrote:

> Bob Villa wrote:
> ?
> ? On Aug 23, 2:50 pm, "Michael A. Terrell" ?mike.terr...@earthlink.net?
> ? wrote:
> ? ? Bob Villa wrote:
> ? ?
> ? ? ? On Aug 23, 12:24 pm, "Michael A. Terrell" ?mike.terr...@earthlink.net?
> ? ? ? wrote:
> ? ? ? ? RichTravsky wrote:
> ? ?
> ? ? ? ? ? fitz wrote:
> ? ?
> ? ? ? ? ? ? Why we have Gravity
> ? ?
> ? ? ? ? ? ? A correct theory of gravity will show us these four (4) things:
> ? ? ? ? ? ? 1. It will show us why gravity also acts like acceleration (principle
> ? ? ? ? ? ? of equvalence).
> ? ? ? ? ? ? 2. It will show us the actual cause of gravity.
> ? ? ? ? ? ? 3. It will show us why gravitational mass and inertial mass are
> ? ? ? ? ? ? identical.
> ? ? ? ? ? ? 4. It will show us the speed of gravitational attraction.
> ? ?
> ? ? ? ? ? ? Newton said gravity was acting at a much faster speed than Einstein.
> ? ?
> ? ? ? ? ? Well, the average running speed of a human is around 10 mph. Sprints, the
> ? ? ? ? ? record is under 30 mph. I don't know how athletic Einstein was so we could
> ? ? ? ? ? use a figure of 3 mph walking speed. Nice to set some lower boundaries
> ? ? ? ? ? on the SoG (speed of gravity).
> ? ?
> ? ? ? ? Slow Old Geezers.
> ? ?
> ? ? ? I resemble that remark!
> ? ?
> ? ? Admitting it is the first step to recovery! ;-)
> ?
> ? There is no recovery...slow, old geezers only get slower.
>
> And older...

The alternative is worse...

enough left over to pay them.

Message has been deleted

RichTravsky

Sep 2, 2010, 11:41:51 PM9/2/10

There is no alternative. Not really ;)

Michael A. Terrell

Sep 3, 2010, 4:36:40 AM9/3/10

The alternative is that long 'final nap', underground.

RichTravsky

Sep 6, 2010, 9:51:44 PM9/6/10

That is the only option, hence, no alternatives.

Michael A. Terrell

Sep 6, 2010, 11:21:30 PM9/6/10

Keep that thought, if you can. Your time, like every one else is
limited.

Bill Bowden

Sep 13, 2010, 12:53:04 AM9/13/10

Well, there is another alternative, the fast disposal method with
ashes in a box. Probably be mandatory when real estate values get too
high.

-Bill