Magnavox TV/VCR Combo .. Tape Stuck, TV powers down

CaymanWendt

Jul 19, 2002, 11:21:04 PM7/19/02

I have a Magnavox CCU091AT01 TV/VCR combo, circa 1998.
A tape is stuck, won't eject, and TV powers itself off after a few
seconds.
Is there a way to eject the tape manually?

Thanks,
CW

Patch

Jul 20, 2002, 8:50:03 AM7/20/02
These were built by Funai\Symphonic. About the best way to remove the tape
is to slide the chassis out of the TV, remove the metal shield off the VCR.
There should be a small motor sitting on top of a big white cam gear about 3
" in diameter. Turn the motor by hand and it should eject the tape.
Sometimes the big cam gear is the problem and it won't eject. If this is the
case, the entire cassette assy needs to come out. I would suggest taking it
to a repair shop as it is pretty easy to completely tear things up by
digging out stuck tapes. You wouldn't believe how many VCRs I see that have
been completely destroyed by customers trying to salvage a stuck tape.

"CaymanWendt" <Cayma...@hotmail.com> wrote in message