ST M093B1 (DIP) = RAM?

fcassia

Aug 1, 2011, 4:12:23 AM8/1/11
I have pulled three ST M093B1 DIP chips (socketed!) from a working
(but analog) Alcatel phone switch, [the kind that had 3 POTS inbound
lines and up to 16 extensions.... ] before the owner decided to dump
it into the trash bin.

The problem I´m facing is that I´m unable to find any datasheet for
this part number.

The only thing I was able to find is this:

http://www.partminer.com/part-specification/M093B128818
"IC,ANALOG SWITCH,SINGLE,12X8 CROSSPOINT,CMOS,DIP,40PIN,PLASTIC"

It describes the manufacturer as "SGS-Ates Componenti Electronici S P
A". So it´s an Italian design (?!) I wasn´t aware Italy had a
semiconductor industry in the 1980s (this device was mfg 1984, it had
a label on the enclosure).

If it´s an analog switch, I´d love to use it to buid a switcher for my
HDTV´s single component video (YPbPr) inputs.

Any idea of where I could find a datasheet or pinout for this M093B1?
I know it´s ancient history, but still, the Commodore 64 had lots of
exclusive chips and the pinouts are readily available. ;-)

Thanks in advance.
FC

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 1, 2011, 4:33:51 AM8/1/11

Why fool with obsolete telcom chips if you want to switch video? I
doubt they have the required bandwidth, or port isolation to do the
job. Maxim and other companies make video MUX chips designed to do the
job. Or go backwards 100 years and use small signal relays.

Jim Thompson

Aug 1, 2011, 7:28:54 AM8/1/11

SGS has been called STMicroelectronics for quite a long time...

http://www.st.com/internet/com/home/home.jsp

They even had a large facility in Phoenix.

...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 1, 2011, 8:11:47 AM8/1/11

I remember SGS from my TV repair days. I saw a lot of low grade
transistors with their logo. TO-92, epoxies into aluminum tabs for
cheap audio outputs. No replacements were available from the OEM, even
for warranty repairs so we had to pry open the aluminum tabs and crimp
them over ECG replacements. Morse/Electrophonic used tons of the crappy
things for their so called stereos. Two pair, for a claimed 150 watt
stereo output. I always figured that they changed their name to hide
their past. :(