important discovery

John Larkin

Aug 19, 2009, 12:22:31 PM8/19/09

If you wear your Jockey briefs inside-out, the idiotic glued-in label
won't abrade the small of your back.

John

Jan Panteltje

Aug 19, 2009, 12:31:43 PM8/19/09
On a sunny day (Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:22:31 -0700) it happened John Larkin
<jjla...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote in
<sg9o8557sbhhjsdhn...@4ax.com>:

>If you wear your Jockey briefs inside-out, the idiotic glued-in label
>won't abrade the small of your back.
>
>John

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/08/18/meat.eating.plant/index.html

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Aug 19, 2009, 12:37:50 PM8/19/09
Did you discover that as part of the regular inversion of your
underpants to prolong their "life" between washes?

--
Dirk

Spehro Pefhany

Aug 19, 2009, 12:45:09 PM8/19/09

Bit Farmer

Aug 19, 2009, 12:48:09 PM8/19/09

Another lesson I learned many years back: Cut out the liner in you swim truncks.
If you wear these for any length of time (like on a river trip) you will really appreciate the difference.

b. Farmer

BobW

Aug 19, 2009, 1:24:51 PM8/19/09

"John Larkin" <jjla...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote in message

> If you wear your Jockey briefs inside-out, the idiotic glued-in label
> won't abrade the small of your back.
>
> John

Pictures, John. Pictures!

Bob
--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==

Rich the Newsgroup Wacko

Aug 19, 2009, 1:36:31 PM8/19/09
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:22:31 -0700, John Larkin wrote:

> If you wear your Jockey briefs inside-out, the idiotic glued-in label
> won't abrade the small of your back.

Do you wait until the label starts to abrade, _then_ turn them inside-
out?

You'd only have to wash them half as much, so it's good for the
environment! %-}

Thanks,
Rich

GregS

Aug 19, 2009, 1:51:28 PM8/19/09

Might depend on what river it is.

greg

Bit Farmer

Aug 19, 2009, 2:02:44 PM8/19/09

Well, I just got off the Colorado in the Grand Canyon and it comes out of Glenn Canyon Dam at 48 Deg F or so. Of course the air
temp was 122 F for most of the day. That makes it kind of refreshing when you get hit by a wave.

b. Farmer

John Larkin

Aug 19, 2009, 2:26:14 PM8/19/09
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:48:09 -0500, Bit Farmer <no...@wrenchman.com>
wrote:

Being still sunburned and mildly bruised from a couple of hours on the
Truckee River, I agree.

John

John Larkin

Aug 19, 2009, 2:30:26 PM8/19/09

I always wear manly briefs, but Mo does refer to them as "panties."

John

Tim Williams

Aug 19, 2009, 2:40:50 PM8/19/09
My Jockeys don't irritate, but my Puritans do. I think they singed the
edges of the label, to keep it from fraying. Obviously they didn't consider
the ramifications of this procedure...

What Fruit Of The Loom I have left is all missing tags. That's the way to
go. They're not stitched on very hard or anything.

...Wait, what the hell kind of guy still wears briefs? Oh.. it IS an
engineering group. Fair enough. :-p

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

Spehro Pefhany

Aug 19, 2009, 2:47:57 PM8/19/09
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:51:28 GMT, zekf...@zekfrivolous.com (GregS)
wrote:

Candiru-infested waters?

Spehro Pefhany

Aug 19, 2009, 2:54:55 PM8/19/09
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:40:50 -0500, "Tim Williams"
<tmor...@charter.net> wrote:

>My Jockeys don't irritate, but my Puritans do. I think they singed the
>edges of the label, to keep it from fraying. Obviously they didn't consider
>the ramifications of this procedure...
>
>What Fruit Of The Loom I have left is all missing tags. That's the way to
>go. They're not stitched on very hard or anything.
>
>...Wait, what the hell kind of guy still wears briefs? Oh.. it IS an
>engineering group. Fair enough. :-p
>
>Tim

You can always look towards the future:

http://www.tranquilityproducts.com/products/maximum/index.htm

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 19, 2009, 2:52:58 PM8/19/09

How did your wife take the news? ;-)

Jim Thompson

Aug 19, 2009, 3:09:32 PM8/19/09
<tmor...@charter.net> wrote:

>My Jockeys don't irritate, but my Puritans do. I think they singed the
>edges of the label, to keep it from fraying. Obviously they didn't consider
>the ramifications of this procedure...
>
>What Fruit Of The Loom I have left is all missing tags. That's the way to
>go. They're not stitched on very hard or anything.
>
>...Wait, what the hell kind of guy still wears briefs? Oh.. it IS an
>engineering group. Fair enough. :-p
>
>Tim

My recent batch of T-shirts have the "label" printed directly on the
fabric, no "feel" to it whatsoever.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Joerg

Aug 19, 2009, 3:48:46 PM8/19/09
Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:40:50 -0500, "Tim Williams"
> <tmor...@charter.net> wrote:
>
>> My Jockeys don't irritate, but my Puritans do. I think they singed the
>> edges of the label, to keep it from fraying. Obviously they didn't consider
>> the ramifications of this procedure...
>>
>> What Fruit Of The Loom I have left is all missing tags. That's the way to
>> go. They're not stitched on very hard or anything.
>>
>> ...Wait, what the hell kind of guy still wears briefs? Oh.. it IS an
>> engineering group. Fair enough. :-p
>>
>> Tim
>
> My recent batch of T-shirts have the "label" printed directly on the
> fabric, no "feel" to it whatsoever.

Wait until you find one where you discover a temporary tattoo on your
back at night :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.

Jim Thompson

Aug 19, 2009, 4:15:36 PM8/19/09
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:48:46 -0700, Joerg <inv...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>Jim Thompson wrote:
>> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:40:50 -0500, "Tim Williams"
>> <tmor...@charter.net> wrote:
>>
>>> My Jockeys don't irritate, but my Puritans do. I think they singed the
>>> edges of the label, to keep it from fraying. Obviously they didn't consider
>>> the ramifications of this procedure...
>>>
>>> What Fruit Of The Loom I have left is all missing tags. That's the way to
>>> go. They're not stitched on very hard or anything.
>>>
>>> ...Wait, what the hell kind of guy still wears briefs? Oh.. it IS an
>>> engineering group. Fair enough. :-p
>>>
>>> Tim
>>
>> My recent batch of T-shirts have the "label" printed directly on the
>> fabric, no "feel" to it whatsoever.
>>

>Wait until you find one where you discover a temporary tattoo on your
>back at night :-)

Still there after many washings. I don't know how they do it, but
it's small print, with sharp edges.

Joerg

Aug 19, 2009, 4:32:17 PM8/19/09
Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:48:46 -0700, Joerg <inv...@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Jim Thompson wrote:

>>> My recent batch of T-shirts have the "label" printed directly on the
>>> fabric, no "feel" to it whatsoever.
>>>
>> Wait until you find one where you discover a temporary tattoo on your
>> back at night :-)
>
> Still there after many washings. I don't know how they do it, but
> it's small print, with sharp edges.

I know, I had one on yesterday. But there seem to be almost digital
differences in quality with T-shirts. There is often hardly any
correlation between quality and price as there is with dress shirts.

Jim Thompson

Aug 19, 2009, 4:41:47 PM8/19/09
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:32:17 -0700, Joerg <inv...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>Jim Thompson wrote:
>> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:48:46 -0700, Joerg <inv...@invalid.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> Wait until you find one where you discover a temporary tattoo on your
>>> back at night :-)
>>
>> Still there after many washings. I don't know how they do it, but
>> it's small print, with sharp edges.
>>

>I know, I had one on yesterday. But there seem to be almost digital
>differences in quality with T-shirts. There is often hardly any
>correlation between quality and price as there is with dress shirts.

I have ONE white shirt with long sleeves... reserved for weddings and
funerals ;-)

Joerg

Aug 19, 2009, 4:58:51 PM8/19/09

Don't remind me. Two memorial services this week, one probably next
week. All dear friends of ours, one of them didn't even make 67 :-(

Rich Grise

Aug 19, 2009, 5:13:28 PM8/19/09
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:40:50 -0500, Tim Williams wrote:

> ...Wait, what the hell kind of guy still wears briefs?

The ones that don't want to hang around flappin' in the breeze?

Thanks,
Rich

comp.arch.embedded

Aug 19, 2009, 5:44:41 PM8/19/09
On Aug 19, 9:37 am, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <dirk.bru...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> http://www.transcendence.me.uk/- Transcendence UKhttp://www.theconsensus.org/- A UK political partyhttp://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5- Our podcasts on weird stuff

Well Hell. That throws off the entire inside-outside-front-back
calculus. :(

Tim Williams

Aug 19, 2009, 5:51:42 PM8/19/09
"Rich Grise" <rich...@example.net> wrote in message

>> ...Wait, what the hell kind of guy still wears briefs?
>
> The ones that don't want to hang around flappin' in the breeze?

I remember reading once in Dr. Gott's column...

Old guy writes in, complaining of saggy testicles.
Doc suggests wearing briefs for support.

Does that make briefs the man's brassiere?

Rich Grise

Aug 19, 2009, 6:46:31 PM8/19/09
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:51:42 -0500, Tim Williams wrote:
> "Rich Grise" <rich...@example.net> wrote in message
>
>>> ...Wait, what the hell kind of guy still wears briefs?
>>
>> The ones that don't want to hang around flappin' in the breeze?
>
> I remember reading once in Dr. Gott's column...
>
> Old guy writes in, complaining of saggy testicles.
> Doc suggests wearing briefs for support.
>
> Does that make briefs the man's brassiere?

Nah, they're just briefs. A Jock Strap is a man's brassiere. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Spehro Pefhany

Aug 19, 2009, 7:10:28 PM8/19/09

And this would be some kind of foundation garment?

http://s7ondemand1.scene7.com/is/image/TeamExpress/0260Y

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
sp...@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com

John Larkin

Aug 19, 2009, 7:17:37 PM8/19/09
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:37:50 +0100, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
<dirk....@gmail.com> wrote:

>John Larkin wrote:
>> If you wear your Jockey briefs inside-out, the idiotic glued-in label
>> won't abrade the small of your back.
>>
>> John
>>
>Did you discover that as part of the regular inversion of your
>underpants to prolong their "life" between washes?

That sounds very European, washing your undies weekly. My body and my
clothes get washed daily. Long, hot showers are the place where I get
my best design ideas. The water and gas bills are high, but worth it.

John

Jim Thompson

Aug 19, 2009, 6:08:23 PM8/19/09
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:58:51 -0700, Joerg <inv...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

Don't remind ME... I'm almost exactly 6 months from the big 7-0 :-(

David L. Jones

Aug 19, 2009, 8:32:03 PM8/19/09
John Larkin wrote:
> If you wear your Jockey briefs inside-out, the idiotic glued-in label
> won't abrade the small of your back.

On a similar note, I discovered the other day my new Nike gym tank top has a
label on it that says "Made in AUSTRALIA".
I was gobsmacked...

Dave.

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog/

Phil Hobbs

Aug 19, 2009, 9:32:16 PM8/19/09
David L. Jones wrote:
> John Larkin wrote:
>> If you wear your Jockey briefs inside-out, the idiotic glued-in label
>> won't abrade the small of your back.
>
> On a similar note, I discovered the other day my new Nike gym tank top has a
> label on it that says "Made in AUSTRALIA".
> I was gobsmacked...
>
> Dave.

Just the label.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

John Larkin

Aug 19, 2009, 9:57:43 PM8/19/09
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:10:28 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
<spef...@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:46:31 GMT, the renowned Rich Grise
><rich...@example.net> wrote:

>>> I remember reading once in Dr. Gott's column...
>>>
>>> Old guy writes in, complaining of saggy testicles.
>>> Doc suggests wearing briefs for support.
>>>
>>> Does that make briefs the man's brassiere?
>>>
>>Nah, they're just briefs. A Jock Strap is a man's brassiere. ;-)
>>
>>Cheers!
>>Rich
>
>And this would be some kind of foundation garment?
>
>http://s7ondemand1.scene7.com/is/image/TeamExpress/0260Y

Terminator undies!

John

Spehro Pefhany

Aug 20, 2009, 12:05:44 AM8/20/09
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:32:03 +1000, the renowned "David L. Jones"
<alt...@gmail.com> wrote:

>John Larkin wrote:
>> If you wear your Jockey briefs inside-out, the idiotic glued-in label
>> won't abrade the small of your back.
>
>On a similar note, I discovered the other day my new Nike gym tank top has a
>label on it that says "Made in AUSTRALIA".
>I was gobsmacked...
>
>Dave.

Australia has a label factory?

David L. Jones

Aug 20, 2009, 1:27:22 AM8/20/09
Spehro Pefhany wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:32:03 +1000, the renowned "David L. Jones"
> <alt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> John Larkin wrote:
>>> If you wear your Jockey briefs inside-out, the idiotic glued-in
>>> label won't abrade the small of your back.
>>
>> On a similar note, I discovered the other day my new Nike gym tank
>> top has a label on it that says "Made in AUSTRALIA".
>> I was gobsmacked...
>>
>> Dave.
>
> Australia has a label factory?

I'm as amazed as you are!

gearhead

Aug 21, 2009, 12:51:43 AM8/21/09
On Aug 19, 6:46 pm, Rich Grise <richgr...@example.net> wrote:

> >> The ones that don't want to hang around flappin' in the breeze?
>
> > I remember reading once in Dr. Gott's column...
>
> > Old guy writes in, complaining of saggy testicles.
> > Doc suggests wearing briefs for support.
>
> > Does that make briefs the man's brassiere?
>
> Nah, they're just briefs.  A Jock Strap is a man's brassiere. ;-)
>
> Cheers!
> Rich

Or a ballsiere.

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 23, 2009, 10:13:23 PM8/23/09

Its a skull cap for Rich.

JosephKK

Aug 25, 2009, 1:46:48 AM8/25/09
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:09:32 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-Th...@My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:40:50 -0500, "Tim Williams"
><tmor...@charter.net> wrote:
>
>>My Jockeys don't irritate, but my Puritans do. I think they singed the
>>edges of the label, to keep it from fraying. Obviously they didn't consider
>>the ramifications of this procedure...
>>
>>What Fruit Of The Loom I have left is all missing tags. That's the way to
>>go. They're not stitched on very hard or anything.
>>
>>...Wait, what the hell kind of guy still wears briefs? Oh.. it IS an
>>engineering group. Fair enough. :-p
>>
>>Tim
>
>My recent batch of T-shirts have the "label" printed directly on the
>fabric, no "feel" to it whatsoever.
>
> ...Jim Thompson

All of mine are that way, so i checked the label, Hanes.

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 25, 2009, 3:05:20 AM8/25/09

Oh, well. They always said that 'Gentlemen prefer Hanes'. I'll bet
they never thought that engineers would wear them, too. ;-)

Phil Hobbs

Aug 25, 2009, 10:08:25 AM8/25/09
Right, there's no such thing as a civil engineer. I've seen some
mechanical engineers who were remarkably lifelike, though.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Jim Thompson

Aug 25, 2009, 10:49:12 AM8/25/09

Roundtree & Yorke

They're probably all made in China ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

| Phoenix, Arizona Voice:(480)460-2350 | |
| E-mail Address at Website Fax:(480)460-2142 | Brass Rat |

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 25, 2009, 7:17:46 PM8/25/09

Phil Hobbs wrote:

> Right, there's no such thing as a civil engineer. I've seen some
> mechanical engineers who were remarkably lifelike, though.

Yeah, until you found a problem with their design. Then you feel
like you are in Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. ;-)