pulse forming line

mmmob...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2006, 5:26:50 AM9/2/06
Hi all,
does anyone know about pfl in this group, i googled some but didn't get
useful information, it is for shaping and compressing hv pulses to sub
nanosecond one (fast rise time..)
how about some diagram,schematic.
thanks in before

Andrew Holme

Sep 2, 2006, 6:33:29 AM9/2/06

<mmmob...@gmail.com> wrote in message

http://www.holmea.demon.co.uk/Avalanche/Avalanche.htm

John Woodgate

Sep 2, 2006, 6:33:19 AM9/2/06
In message <1157189209.9...@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com>, dated
Sat, 2 Sep 2006, mmmob...@gmail.com writes
It's just a short-circuited transmission line. You feed it pulses and
the reflection coming back from the short-circuit is equal, opposite and
delayed with respect to the input pulse. So you see at the input a pulse
which is as long as the line delay, not the original pulse length.
2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

mmmob...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2006, 7:34:57 AM9/2/06
please look at this pfl and say where is input/output and ground and is
it a coaxial line or several pipes. whats the order of connections.

mmmob...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2006, 7:56:12 AM9/2/06

Andrew Holme

Sep 2, 2006, 8:16:03 AM9/2/06

<mmmob...@gmail.com> wrote in message

The 2nd Google hit looks like a pretty good reference:

http://pps.coe.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/streaming/PulsedPower/generator/PFL1.htm

John Woodgate

Sep 2, 2006, 9:03:32 AM9/2/06
In message <1157198172.0...@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
dated Sat, 2 Sep 2006, mmmob...@gmail.com writes
>sorry, i forgot to paste address, here it is:
>
>http://www.awe.co.uk/main_site/scientific_and_technical/featured_areas/h
>ydrodynamics_contents/pulsed_power_tech/ppt_xray_machine/ppt-b2/index.ht
>ml

One cannot tell from a picture. You had best ask the maker, or search
out Alan Blumlein's patent (from the hundreds he was granted).

mmmob...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2006, 9:18:32 AM9/2/06
i saw that one but the diagrams are not clear to me, can you tell more
about blumlein one.
soory for throwing problem to you.
Best regards

John Larkin

Sep 2, 2006, 10:58:03 AM9/2/06

google "nonlinear transmission line" and "shock line", and maybe look
up McEwan's patents, stuff like

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5804921.html

John

Andrew Holme

Sep 2, 2006, 2:08:56 PM9/2/06
Top-posting fixed:

> Andrew Holme wrote:
>> <mmmob...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi all,
>> > does anyone know about pfl in this group, i googled some but didn't get
>> > useful information, it is for shaping and compressing hv pulses to sub
>> > nanosecond one (fast rise time..)
>> > how about some diagram,schematic.
>> > thanks in before
>> >

>> The 2nd Google hit looks like a pretty good reference:
>>
>> http://pps.coe.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/streaming/PulsedPower/generator/PFL1.htm
>
>i saw that one but the diagrams are not clear to me, can you tell more
> about blumlein one.
> soory for throwing problem to you.
> Best regards

I agree. It's a poor explanation.