FS: SMA Cable Assemblies, $9.90 each, made in USA

AAA RF Products

Jun 13, 2006, 12:33:14 PM6/13/06
Any 10 SMA Male to SMA Male cable assemblies for $99.00

RG-58C/U or RG-223/U

Mix & match any 10

Length available: 12", 18", 24", 30", 36", 48", 60", 72", 84", & 96"

High quality & made in USA

Please email sa...@AAARFProducts.com

or call 949 481 3154 (San Clemente, CA, USA)

AAA RF Products
946 Calle Amanecer, suite E
San Clemente, CA 92673

John Larkin

Jun 13, 2006, 3:03:17 PM6/13/06

Quit spamming our group or we'll inform about 100,000 engineers and
buyers about how bad your quality and customer service are. You'll
lose a lot more business than you'd ever pick up posting here.

I've already blacklisted you in our purchasing department.

John

JeffM

Jun 13, 2006, 8:15:46 PM6/13/06
"AAA RF Products" <sa...@aaarfproducts.com> wrote:
>[SPAM]

>Quit spamming our group
> John Larkin

I seems odd that you would blast him,
then leave his spam blockquoted in your response.

The guy is a spammer in the purest[1] sense of the word.
His name is Murray Pasternack and he's always been a low-life.
He goes to Google Groups every once in a while
and leaves his droppings.
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?enc_author=078E6RcAAACfvd0oecrufZ0Jvg636mmW8o-Xxr9kfQi7Q3w9cjIRhA&scoring=d
He NEVER responds nor apparantly even looks for responses.
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=insubject:Re&enc_author=078E6RcAAACfvd0oecrufZ0Jvg636mmW8o-Xxr9kfQi7Q3w9cjIRhA

If you don't email him directly,
he'll never see anything you direct his way.
.
.
[1] Gawd. There's a perversion of a word.

William P.N. Smith

Jun 13, 2006, 8:32:55 PM6/13/06
"JeffM" <jef...@email.com> wrote:
>"AAA RF Products" <sa...@aaarfproducts.com> wrote:
>>[SPAM]

>His name is Murray Pasternack and he's always been a low-life.

Ah, Pasternack, now I get it. Well known for the lowest possible
quality on RF stuff. Good for audio frequencies if they don't fall
apart on first use.

John Larkin

Jun 13, 2006, 8:37:04 PM6/13/06
On 13 Jun 2006 17:15:46 -0700, "JeffM" <jef...@email.com> wrote:

>"AAA RF Products" <sa...@aaarfproducts.com> wrote:
>>[SPAM]
>
>>Quit spamming our group
>> John Larkin
>
>I seems odd that you would blast him,
>then leave his spam blockquoted in your response.

I have DSL.

>The guy is a spammer in the purest[1] sense of the word.
>His name is Murray Pasternack and he's always been a low-life.
>He goes to Google Groups every once in a while
>and leaves his droppings.
>http://groups.google.com/groups/search?enc_author=078E6RcAAACfvd0oecrufZ0Jvg636mmW8o-Xxr9kfQi7Q3w9cjIRhA&scoring=d
>He NEVER responds nor apparantly even looks for responses.
>http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=insubject:Re&enc_author=078E6RcAAACfvd0oecrufZ0Jvg636mmW8o-Xxr9kfQi7Q3w9cjIRhA
>
>If you don't email him directly,
>he'll never see anything you direct his way.

I did that, too.

John

John Fields

Jun 14, 2006, 9:41:26 AM6/14/06
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:03:17 -0700, John Larkin
<jjla...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>Quit spamming our group or we'll inform about 100,000 engineers and
>buyers about how bad your quality and customer service are. You'll
>lose a lot more business than you'd ever pick up posting here.
>
>I've already blacklisted you in our purchasing department.
>
>John

---

Try sending this:

From: "AAA RF Products" <sa...@aaarfproducts.com>
Newsgroups:
sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc
Subject: FS: SMA Cable Assemblies, $9.90 each, made in USA
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:33:14 -0700
sci.electronics.components:136280 sci.electronics.design:666904
sci.electronics.equipment:78546 sci.electronics.misc:167134

Any 10 SMA Male to SMA Male cable assemblies for $99.00

RG-58C/U or RG-223/U

Mix & match any 10

Length available: 12", 18", 24", 30", 36", 48", 60", 72", 84", & 96"

High quality & made in USA

Please email sa...@AAARFProducts.com

or call 949 481 3154 (San Clemente, CA, USA)

AAA RF Products
946 Calle Amanecer, suite E
San Clemente, CA 92673

to ab...@cox.net

I did...

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer

John Larkin

Jun 14, 2006, 7:12:37 PM6/14/06

I emailed this guy and told him to stop spemming our newsgroup. This
was his reply:

Hello

Thank you for your inquiry. As always we strive to provide quality
products
at low prices. Per your request we have added you to our permanent
mailing
list and you will be receiving a catalog shortly. Please feel free to
let
us know if we can be of further assistance. We look forward to
serving your
RF needs in the future

Regards

Peter DiFilippo

John

Terry Given

Jun 14, 2006, 7:19:57 PM6/14/06

Hi John,

how about a little bit of Jiu Jitsu? Why not everyone do the same. those
catalogs arent free, and I have a fireplace :)

its easy enough to put them on the f-off list in your email program....

Cheers
Terry

Jim Thompson

Jun 14, 2006, 7:27:59 PM6/14/06

Is he the one that puts out that cheap paper Pasternak catalog?

I think I have him stopped... I threatened to take his rag to the PO
and have it declared as porn ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Dave Platt

Jun 14, 2006, 7:38:05 PM6/14/06
In article <jp61925b6f8e5ttcf...@4ax.com>,
Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>Is he the one that puts out that cheap paper Pasternak catalog?
>
>I think I have him stopped... I threatened to take his rag to the PO
>and have it declared as porn ;-)

As far as I can tell, AAA and Pasternak are two different outfits.
They have different web sites with greatly different appearances,
completely different ISP registrations, and their mailing addresses
are about 40 miles apart.

They do seem to have one business practice in common - shovel out the
advertising, regardless of whether people want it or not. It's sort
of a shame that the old "wrap it around a brick and write 'Refused,
return to sender'" doesn't work for that sort of Nth-class advertising
mail.

--
Dave Platt <dpl...@radagast.org> AE6EO

JeffM

Jun 14, 2006, 7:39:56 PM6/14/06
"AAA RF Products" <sa...@aaarfproducts.com> wrote:
>>>946 Calle Amanecer, suite E
>>>San Clemente, CA 92673
>>
>>Peter DiFilippo

>Is he the one that puts out that cheap paper Pasternak catalog?
> Jim Thompson

The same. He used to have his name on the company,
but when word of his lousy quality got out, he changed his dba
so he might rope in a whole new bunch of suckers.

Rich Grise

Jun 14, 2006, 9:08:52 PM6/14/06
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 23:38:05 +0000, Dave Platt wrote:

> In article <jp61925b6f8e5ttcf...@4ax.com>,
> Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>
>>Is he the one that puts out that cheap paper Pasternak catalog?
>>
>>I think I have him stopped... I threatened to take his rag to the PO
>>and have it declared as porn ;-)
>
> As far as I can tell, AAA and Pasternak are two different outfits.
> They have different web sites with greatly different appearances,
> completely different ISP registrations, and their mailing addresses
> are about 40 miles apart.
>
> They do seem to have one business practice in common - shovel out the
> advertising, regardless of whether people want it or not. It's sort
> of a shame that the old "wrap it around a brick and write 'Refused,
> return to sender'" doesn't work for that sort of Nth-class advertising
> mail.

There should be some sort of "registry" of IP numbers of computers
that send spam; sort of a "repository", if you will - where if some
computer is found to be spamming, its IP number gets listed in this
global spammer listing, and anyone who wants to could download it
and blacklist those computers.

In fact, it'd be so simple, howcome nobody's done it yet?

Thanks,
Rich

Michael A. Terrell

Jun 14, 2006, 9:14:24 PM6/14/06

I think that everyone on the newsgroup needs to forward this crap
(with full headers) to ab...@cox.net, and to sa...@AAARFProducts.com
every time he posts this shit. If he adds you to his mailing list
forward his e-mail to sp...@uce.gov and tell them that he added it in
spite of you telling him you wanted no further contact.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?ie=UTF-8&q=sa...@aaarfproducts.com&qt_s=Search
shows 152 pieces of spam so far. Its time to nail this idiot to the
wall and start throwing poison darts. Plug his mailbox with spam
reports till he gets sick of them. ;-) Just remember to only send each
message one time so he can't claim he's being harassed.

BTW, Does anyone think we should start a good and bad vendor list for
the electronics newsgroups, and detail why they fall into a category?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Dave Platt

Jun 14, 2006, 9:20:28 PM6/14/06
In article <pan.2006.06.15....@example.net>,
Rich Grise <rich...@example.net> wrote:

>There should be some sort of "registry" of IP numbers of computers
>that send spam; sort of a "repository", if you will - where if some
>computer is found to be spamming, its IP number gets listed in this
>global spammer listing, and anyone who wants to could download it
>and blacklist those computers.
>
>In fact, it'd be so simple, howcome nobody's done it yet?

Oh, there are plenty of such registries. Take a look at
http://www.tqmcube.com/ and try the "Multi-RBL Check" - it lists
several of the more popular DNS-based Realtime Block List services.

There are plenty of other such lists which are publicly-available, and
some of the big ISPs maintain their own internal lists which are not
available outside of their own networks.

My own mail system consults several of the lists mentioned by the TQM
site, and has some rather draconian blocks which have the effect of
blacklisting every IP address in certain countries or on certain ISPs'
networks.

No such list is perfect, and I don't know any of 'em which are
particularly effective at stopping USENET-based spamming (which
propagates via a very different method than email).

Clifford Heath

Jun 14, 2006, 9:22:14 PM6/14/06
Rich Grise wrote:
> There should be some sort of "registry" of IP numbers of computers
> that send spam

Done years ago. Google for RBL, the realtime block-list.

To solve the problem of keeping every SMTP server up-to-date,
they provide a web service that the SMTP server calls before
it decides to accept mail.

JeffM

Jun 14, 2006, 9:51:17 PM6/14/06
> Michael A. Terrell

1) &qt_s=Search and ie=UTF-8& are just noise.
2) That query doesn't filter out responses.
3) It doesn't include multi-posts
of things from him with the same Subject line.

Here's the real count: 174
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?filter=0&q=author:AAA-RF-Products&scoring=d

Rich Grise

Jun 14, 2006, 9:56:44 PM6/14/06
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 01:20:28 +0000, Dave Platt wrote:

> In article <pan.2006.06.15....@example.net>,
> Rich Grise <rich...@example.net> wrote:
>
>>There should be some sort of "registry" of IP numbers of computers
>>that send spam; sort of a "repository", if you will - where if some
>>computer is found to be spamming, its IP number gets listed in this
>>global spammer listing, and anyone who wants to could download it
>>and blacklist those computers.
>>
>>In fact, it'd be so simple, howcome nobody's done it yet?
>
> Oh, there are plenty of such registries. Take a look at
> http://www.tqmcube.com/ and try the "Multi-RBL Check" - it lists
> several of the more popular DNS-based Realtime Block List services.
>
> There are plenty of other such lists which are publicly-available, and
> some of the big ISPs maintain their own internal lists which are not
> available outside of their own networks.
>
> My own mail system consults several of the lists mentioned by the TQM
> site, and has some rather draconian blocks which have the effect of
> blacklisting every IP address in certain countries or on certain ISPs'
> networks.
>
> No such list is perfect, and I don't know any of 'em which are
> particularly effective at stopping USENET-based spamming (which
> propagates via a very different method than email).

Well, whoever runs the server could do it, but I guess that's out of our
hands. )-;

Thanks,
Rich

Clifford Heath

Jun 14, 2006, 11:52:43 PM6/14/06
Rich Grise wrote:
>>No such list is perfect, and I don't know any of 'em which are
>>particularly effective at stopping USENET-based spamming (which
>>propagates via a very different method than email).
> Well, whoever runs the server could do it, but I guess that's out of our
> hands. )-;

There is no one server. USENET is a network of many thousands
of servers, each with their own software and their own rules,
that propagate messages, usually in both directions.

Jasen Betts

Jun 15, 2006, 4:05:52 AM6/15/06

> There should be some sort of "registry" of IP numbers of computers
> that send spam; sort of a "repository", if you will - where if some
> computer is found to be spamming, its IP number gets listed in this
> global spammer listing, and anyone who wants to could download it
> and blacklist those computers.
>
> In fact, it'd be so simple, howcome nobody's done it yet?

It is done. it helps encourage admins to secure their machines properly.

--

Bye.
Jasen

John Larkin

Jun 15, 2006, 3:33:45 PM6/15/06

That's a great idea. Properly done, it could be very powerful. I'll
volunteer to maintain it and repost the list periodically if nobody
else wants to do it.

The protocol might be:

Anyone can start a thread with title "Good vendor: M-Pulse" of "Bad
vendor: Pasternak" and state the vendor, URL, and a summary of what
they do well or badly. Others can comment as cross-checks. When the
dust has settled, somebody (me?) adds a summary valuation to the list.

John

martin griffith

Jun 15, 2006, 4:00:15 PM6/15/06
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:33:45 -0700, in sci.electronics.design John
Larkin <jjla...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>> BTW, Does anyone think we should start a good and bad vendor list for
>>the electronics newsgroups, and detail why they fall into a category?
>

>That's a great idea. Properly done, it could be very powerful. I'll
>volunteer to maintain it and repost the list periodically if nobody
>else wants to do it.
>
>The protocol might be:
>
>Anyone can start a thread with title "Good vendor: M-Pulse" of "Bad
>vendor: Pasternak" and state the vendor, URL, and a summary of what
>they do well or badly. Others can comment as cross-checks. When the
>dust has settled, somebody (me?) adds a summary valuation to the list.
>
>John

Good idea,but,do you have a good lawyer? It might be worth hosting on
a non US site, run by a non US citizen, given the US addiction to
lawsuits

martin

Joerg

Jun 15, 2006, 4:08:04 PM6/15/06
Hello John,

>> BTW, Does anyone think we should start a good and bad vendor list for
>>the electronics newsgroups, and detail why they fall into a category?
>
> That's a great idea. Properly done, it could be very powerful. I'll
> volunteer to maintain it and repost the list periodically if nobody
> else wants to do it.
>
> The protocol might be:
>
> Anyone can start a thread with title "Good vendor: M-Pulse" of "Bad
> vendor: Pasternak" and state the vendor, URL, and a summary of what
> they do well or badly. Others can comment as cross-checks. When the
> dust has settled, somebody (me?) adds a summary valuation to the list.

Ok, I'll start: "Good vendor: High _ land _ Technology" :-)))

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

John Larkin

Jun 15, 2006, 5:03:09 PM6/15/06
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:00:15 +0200, martin griffith
<mart_in...@yahoo.esXXX> wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:33:45 -0700, in sci.electronics.design John
>Larkin <jjla...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
>

>>> BTW, Does anyone think we should start a good and bad vendor list for
>>>the electronics newsgroups, and detail why they fall into a category?
>>

>>That's a great idea. Properly done, it could be very powerful. I'll
>>volunteer to maintain it and repost the list periodically if nobody
>>else wants to do it.
>>
>>The protocol might be:
>>
>>Anyone can start a thread with title "Good vendor: M-Pulse" of "Bad
>>vendor: Pasternak" and state the vendor, URL, and a summary of what
>>they do well or badly. Others can comment as cross-checks. When the
>>dust has settled, somebody (me?) adds a summary valuation to the list.
>>
>>John
>Good idea,but,do you have a good lawyer?

Very good.

>It might be worth hosting on
>a non US site, run by a non US citizen, given the US addiction to
>lawsuits

I doubt that summarizing/quoting various opinions posted by ng members
would be legally libelous. Especially if it was made known to the
vendors that all threats and suits would themselves be posted. If such
threats were received, a flood of discouraging email ("I'm on my way
to talk to my buddy in purchasing...") would certainly help.

John

Jim Thompson

Jun 15, 2006, 5:25:46 PM6/15/06

The best defense of libel is TRUTH!

Lostgallifreyan

Jun 15, 2006, 5:48:21 PM6/15/06
Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@My-Web-Site.com> wrote in

> The best defense of libel is TRUTH!

Sadly, expensive to prove. I agree on principle, but in practise, John
Larkin got it right, if the offending seller thinks that by issuing threats
he'll see those also publicised, and see people deciding not to buy from a
seller who'd rather thrash around in bad sales and lawsuits, that seller is
VERY rapidly going to lose that apparent addiction to lawsuits. The
internet could be very useful that way, it could damp this tendency to use
the law as a weapon in wider fields too.

http://save.nazanin.googlepages.com/home

Joerg

Jun 15, 2006, 5:55:18 PM6/15/06
Hello Jim,

> The best defense of libel is TRUTH!

Absolutely. That's what our local station KOVR13 does. They have utterly
embarrassed dozens of businesses by now. Usually customer service then
switches from "No, you can't have your money back and leave us alone" to
"Where could we roll out the red carpet for you?".

Jim Thompson

Jun 15, 2006, 6:12:48 PM6/15/06
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:48:21 GMT, Lostgallifreyan <no-...@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@My-Web-Site.com> wrote in
>
>> The best defense of libel is TRUTH!
>
>Sadly, expensive to prove. I agree on principle, but in practise, John
>Larkin got it right, if the offending seller thinks that by issuing threats
>he'll see those also publicised, and see people deciding not to buy from a
>seller who'd rather thrash around in bad sales and lawsuits, that seller is
>VERY rapidly going to lose that apparent addiction to lawsuits. The
>internet could be very useful that way, it could damp this tendency to use
>the law as a weapon in wider fields too.

With multiple individuals complaining, "truth" is easy to establish.

My favorite way to handle unwanted mailings....

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/USPS-Form1500.pdf

You will note that the definition of "sexually oriented
advertisements" is strictly up to you... those pictures of coaxial
connectors get me all aroused ;-)

But I'm sort of fond of law suits... I've whipped ass in both Arizona
and Federal courts. Of course it took putting up about $80K of my own
money, but I got it all back *plus* ;-)

Jim Thompson

Jun 15, 2006, 6:21:06 PM6/15/06
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:55:18 GMT, Joerg
<notthis...@removethispacbell.net> wrote:

>Hello Jim,
>

>> The best defense of libel is TRUTH!
>>

>Absolutely. That's what our local station KOVR13 does. They have utterly
>embarrassed dozens of businesses by now. Usually customer service then
>switches from "No, you can't have your money back and leave us alone" to
>"Where could we roll out the red carpet for you?".

We have the same thing here, IIRC, "12 On Your Side", where channel 12
goes out and sticks the business owner's face on camera... watch 'em
run ;-)

Back around 1980 I pulled a prank on my boss. One of my engineers and
I built an RF link for one of the "60 Minutes" camera guys so he could
sync camera and audio recorders quickly... since they were often
literally running during a shoot ;-)

He wanted to pay us for it, but we said no. He insisted on doing
something for us. So, on their next trip to Phoenix, Mike Wallace and
the crew walked into my boss' office ;-)

John Fields

Jun 15, 2006, 7:22:19 PM6/15/06
<no-...@nowhere.net> wrote:

>Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@My-Web-Site.com> wrote in
>
>> The best defense of libel is TRUTH!
>
>Sadly, expensive to prove. I agree on principle, but in practise, John
>Larkin got it right, if the offending seller thinks that by issuing threats
>he'll see those also publicised, and see people deciding not to buy from a
>seller who'd rather thrash around in bad sales and lawsuits, that seller is
>VERY rapidly going to lose that apparent addiction to lawsuits. The
>internet could be very useful that way, it could damp this tendency to use
>the law as a weapon in wider fields too.

---
It would also allow us to popularly elect presidents and all manner
of lesser "officials", but in order to do that and get the power
back to the people, we'd need to get some laws changed.

Anyone up for that?

Michael A. Terrell

Jun 15, 2006, 9:16:30 PM6/15/06

You might get a laugh out of this email exchange with the sopammer.
Using an autoresponder to all incoming mail is a bad business idea, but
it gets even worse. Talk about bad sales skills:

From: Peter DiFilippo <pdifi...@aaarfproducts.com>
To: "'Michael A. Terrell'" <mike.t...@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Inquiry
Date: Jun 15, 2006 6:09 PM
It is painfully apparent that you have no life and that you take
pleasure in being a little whiner. Perhaps you should try a yoga class,
or maybe even a girlfriend to better occupy your time.

Regards

AAA RF Products

946 Calle Amanecer

Suite E

San Clemente, CA 92673

Office: (949) 481-3154

Fax: (949) 388-5448

www.aaarfproducts.com

The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.

Jun 15, 2006, 10:07:38 PM6/15/06

Yeah, me, duh! Write in Richard M. Grise, if they _insist_ on a political
party affiliation, put "none of the above". If somebody wants to set up
a fund raising fund, then have at it! I'll need lots of media exposure! ;-)

My platform is a little radical:
1. Fire the IRS, and make _ALL_ taxes voluntary.
2. End the USA's insane crusades, and find something to do with all of
that military crap.
3. Reinstate the Constitution as written.

But, what the hey, it might get attention!

Cheers!
Rich

John Larkin

Jun 15, 2006, 10:28:21 PM6/15/06

What we have here is a guy who very, very much wants to not sell
connectors.

John

John Perry

Jun 15, 2006, 11:05:21 PM6/15/06
John Larkin wrote:

> What we have here is a guy who very, very much wants to not sell
> connectors.

Unfortunately, these people do sell using spam. That's why they keep
doing it. Spam is nearly free to the sender, so they don't have to sell
much to make a killing.

jp

Michael A. Terrell

Jun 16, 2006, 12:11:29 AM6/16/06

He just doesn't get it, does he? I wonder if there is a local BBB in
San Clemente, CA?

From: Peter DiFilippo <pdifi...@aaarfproducts.com>
To: "'Michael A. Terrell'" <mike.t...@earthlink.net>

Date: Jun 15, 2006 10:16 PM
Harassment? Can’t you do any better than that? It is you who is
harassing me with these ridiculous emails. I have saved your harassing
emails to prove it. It is you who is the laughing stock as there are
several people who participate in the newsgroups who think you are the
joke. But I am sure you know that as they have posted comments about
you on the newsgroups. Hopefully you will grow up and get a life
someday for your own good. Don’t worry about getting any more email
from me. You are hardly worth the time. We are much too busy selling
product and making money to partake in this juvenile playground crap
with you any longer.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Regards

AAA RF Products

946 Calle Amanecer

Suite E

San Clemente, CA 92673

Office: (949) 481-3154

Fax: (949) 388-5448

www.aaarfproducts.com

Michael A. Terrell

Jun 16, 2006, 3:02:24 AM6/16/06

If you got any media coverage you'd soon be in an insane asylum. ;(

Lostgallifreyan

Jun 16, 2006, 3:11:05 AM6/16/06
Joerg <notthis...@removethispacbell.net> wrote in

> Hello Jim,
>

>> The best defense of libel is TRUTH!
>>

> Absolutely. That's what our local station KOVR13 does. They have utterly
> embarrassed dozens of businesses by now. Usually customer service then
> switches from "No, you can't have your money back and leave us alone" to
> "Where could we roll out the red carpet for you?".

That's cool, that puts a lot of faith back in radio. :)
The usual problem with truth is that people often only accept it through
the narrowest of channels, and from expensive third-party witnesses. (Think
of eBay and Paypal disputes).
As Jim Thompson said, if you have multiple people, and can then put the
issue across through radio, that channel for truth can not be forced narrow
again.
Maybe if this was extended to handling eBay and Paypal issue, it might make
them police their bad sellers a bit more vigilantly, after all, there is no
other recourse, it's often hard to see exactly whose law would be needed,
so public direct action would almost certainly be an easier and cheaper
answer.

http://save.nazanin.googlepages.com/home

John Fields

Jun 16, 2006, 8:55:06 AM6/16/06

---
Your parents didn't pay enough attention to you when you were a kid,
so now you expect the whole world to make up for it?

Forget it, Rich, you'll _never_ become president.

John Fields

Jun 16, 2006, 9:21:57 AM6/16/06
Emailed to DiFilippo:

"
Dear Mr DiFilippo:

It appears you have created quite a stir and a lot of ill will
toward yourself and your company on news:sci.electronics.design
and other related newsgroups with your inappropriate attempts at
advertising / SPAM.

I invite you to drop in in order to find out, first hand, why
everyone here thinks you're a scumbag.

Thank you,

Michael A. Terrell

Jun 16, 2006, 9:26:47 AM6/16/06

;-)

Keith

Jun 16, 2006, 10:19:44 AM6/16/06
In article <rsm392tdtd4pkuqt4...@4ax.com>, To-Email-
Use-The-En...@My-Web-Site.com says...

> On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:55:18 GMT, Joerg
> <notthis...@removethispacbell.net> wrote:
>
> >Hello Jim,
> >

> >> The best defense of libel is TRUTH!
> >>

> >Absolutely. That's what our local station KOVR13 does. They have utterly
> >embarrassed dozens of businesses by now. Usually customer service then
> >switches from "No, you can't have your money back and leave us alone" to
> >"Where could we roll out the red carpet for you?".
>
> We have the same thing here, IIRC, "12 On Your Side", where channel 12
> goes out and sticks the business owner's face on camera... watch 'em
> run ;-)
>
> Back around 1980 I pulled a prank on my boss. One of my engineers and
> I built an RF link for one of the "60 Minutes" camera guys so he could
> sync camera and audio recorders quickly... since they were often
> literally running during a shoot ;-)
>
> He wanted to pay us for it, but we said no. He insisted on doing
> something for us. So, on their next trip to Phoenix, Mike Wallace and
> the crew walked into my boss' office ;-)

My brother had the honor of being on 60 minutes twice, on different
topics. He wasn't having a good time.

--
Keith

Charlie Edmondson

Jun 16, 2006, 1:04:45 PM6/16/06
Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:55:18 GMT, Joerg
> <notthis...@removethispacbell.net> wrote:
>

>>Hello Jim,
>>

>>>The best defense of libel is TRUTH!
>>>

>>Absolutely. That's what our local station KOVR13 does. They have utterly
>>embarrassed dozens of businesses by now. Usually customer service then
>>switches from "No, you can't have your money back and leave us alone" to
>>"Where could we roll out the red carpet for you?".
>

> We have the same thing here, IIRC, "12 On Your Side", where channel 12
> goes out and sticks the business owner's face on camera... watch 'em
> run ;-)
>
> Back around 1980 I pulled a prank on my boss. One of my engineers and
> I built an RF link for one of the "60 Minutes" camera guys so he could
> sync camera and audio recorders quickly... since they were often
> literally running during a shoot ;-)
>
> He wanted to pay us for it, but we said no. He insisted on doing
> something for us. So, on their next trip to Phoenix, Mike Wallace and
> the crew walked into my boss' office ;-)
>
> ...Jim Thompson

Oh, that's COLD, COLD I say... I like it! 8-)

Did he have any good questions to ask?

Charlie

Jim Thompson

Jun 16, 2006, 1:16:45 PM6/16/06

No. They just walked in, Bob's face turned pearly white, then we all
started laughing ;-)

Joerg

Jun 16, 2006, 4:01:10 PM6/16/06
Lostgallifreyan wrote:

>>Absolutely. That's what our local station KOVR13 does. They have utterly
>>embarrassed dozens of businesses by now. Usually customer service then
>>switches from "No, you can't have your money back and leave us alone" to
>>"Where could we roll out the red carpet for you?".
>
> That's cool, that puts a lot of faith back in radio. :)
> The usual problem with truth is that people often only accept it through
> the narrowest of channels, and from expensive third-party witnesses. (Think
> of eBay and Paypal disputes).
> As Jim Thompson said, if you have multiple people, and can then put the
> issue across through radio, that channel for truth can not be forced narrow
> again.
> Maybe if this was extended to handling eBay and Paypal issue, it might make
> them police their bad sellers a bit more vigilantly, after all, there is no
> other recourse, it's often hard to see exactly whose law would be needed,
> so public direct action would almost certainly be an easier and cheaper
> answer.

It's actually a TV station. Since they offer 10:00pm news it enjoys
quite a number of viewers. On that 10:00pm news is where they do the
"Call Kurtis" part.

Michael A. Terrell

Jun 16, 2006, 5:38:01 PM6/16/06
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

> He just doesn't get it, does he? I wonder if there is a local BBB in
> San Clemente, CA?

Here it is: http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/General/Home.aspx

Jim Thompson

Jun 16, 2006, 5:43:45 PM6/16/06
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:38:01 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
<mike.t...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
>>
>> He just doesn't get it, does he? I wonder if there is a local BBB in
>> San Clemente, CA?
>

> Here it is: http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/General/Home.aspx

I wouldn't get myself all wound up over BBB's, they're about as
useless as Registrars of Contractors... in other words, a
self-protection racket.

John Fields

Jun 16, 2006, 7:29:08 PM6/16/06
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:43:45 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-Th...@My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:38:01 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
><mike.t...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
>>>
>>> He just doesn't get it, does he? I wonder if there is a local BBB in
>>> San Clemente, CA?
>>

>> Here it is: http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/General/Home.aspx
>
>I wouldn't get myself all wound up over BBB's, they're about as
>useless as Registrars of Contractors... in other words, a
>self-protection racket.

---
Got some evidence, bigmouth?

Richard The Dreaded Libertarian

Jun 16, 2006, 8:14:31 PM6/16/06
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 07:02:24 +0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

> Richard The Dreaded Libertarian wrote:

>> My platform is a little radical:
>> 1. Fire the IRS, and make _ALL_ taxes voluntary.
>> 2. End the USA's insane crusades, and find something to do with all of
>> that military crap.
>> 3. Reinstate the Constitution as written.
>>
>> But, what the hey, it might get attention!
>

> If you got any media coverage you'd soon be in an insane asylum. ;(

Well, John F and Michael A T hate me - anyboey else want to reinforce this
impeccable endorsement? :-D

Thanks!
Rich

Michael A. Terrell

Jun 17, 2006, 12:10:21 AM6/17/06
Jim Thompson wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:38:01 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
> <mike.t...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
> >>
> >> He just doesn't get it, does he? I wonder if there is a local BBB in
> >> San Clemente, CA?
> >

> > Here it is: http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/General/Home.aspx
>
> I wouldn't get myself all wound up over BBB's, they're about as
> useless as Registrars of Contractors... in other words, a
> self-protection racket.

It depends on whether they get one complaint, or a thousand. Does
anyone know someone who works at a TV station in San Clemente? ;-)

ian field

Jun 17, 2006, 2:42:23 PM6/17/06

"Richard The Dreaded Libertarian" <nu...@example.net> wrote in message

............................even your rubber chicken hates you!

John B

Jun 17, 2006, 2:56:19 PM6/17/06
ian field scrobe on the papyrus:

> "Richard The Dreaded Libertarian" <nu...@example.net> wrote in message

> >> If you got any media coverage you'd soon be in an insane asylum.
> ;(
> >

> > Well, John F and Michael A T hate me - anyboey else want to
> > reinforce this impeccable endorsement? :-D
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Rich
> >

> ............................even your rubber chicken hates you!

Hey, I'll hate you too if you like. I only charge 10 bucks an hour for
hating, consultancy costs a bit more.

--
John B

John Fields

Jun 17, 2006, 5:55:18 PM6/17/06

---
You think too highly of yourself, Rich.

Michael A. Terrell

Jun 17, 2006, 6:15:34 PM6/17/06

Have you looked at their website? No name coax and connectors on a
poorly designed website that claims a little over 8500 hits in a year.
I'll bet a lot of those were from people who quickly decided they didn't
need crappy cables and coax. I didn't see any teflon coaxial cable or
semi-rigid coax, just cheap looking stuff you'd expect to find at a flea
market. I had enough problems with top of the line stuff wearing out in
the test department at Microdyne. We made our own in house because we
couldn't find a place that could do quick turn and meet our constantly
changing production schedules. We had about 20 people on our cable line
and an order could be pulled from stock and be in a finished product in
two hours.

Michael A. Terrell

Jun 17, 2006, 6:51:18 PM6/17/06

Hate him? Hell I barely pitty him.

Richard The Dreaded Libertarian

Jun 20, 2006, 2:17:27 PM6/20/06
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:42:23 +0000, ian field wrote:
> "Richard The Dreaded Libertarian" <nu...@example.net> wrote in message

>>> If you got any media coverage you'd soon be in an insane asylum. ;(
>>
>> Well, John F and Michael A T hate me - anyboey else want to reinforce this
>> impeccable endorsement? :-D
>>

> ............................even your rubber chicken hates you!

Sadly, my rubber chicken was unceremoniously decapitated by a rowdy bar
crowd. )-; (when I showed up at the bar with it, one of the regulars
remarked, "The thing that worries me is that he knew where to get one!"
[Mall of America, Bloomington, MN, in the magic/gag shop.])

Cheers!
Rich

Richard The Dreaded Libertarian

Jun 20, 2006, 2:20:42 PM6/20/06
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:56:19 +0000, John B wrote:
> ian field scrobe on the papyrus:

>> > Well, John F and Michael A T hate me - anybody else want to

>> > reinforce this impeccable endorsement? :-D
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> > Rich
>> >

>> ............................even your rubber chicken hates you!
>
> Hey, I'll hate you too if you like. I only charge 10 bucks an hour for
> hating, consultancy costs a bit more.

Well, I'm certainly not going to _pay_ you! (until I win the lottery, when
I'll have a whole bunch for kickbacks to campaign workers. ;-) )

It's just that, being the radical libertarianoid that I am, it's a strong
endorsement being hated by ultra-right-wing neocon nazi wannabes.

Are you an ultra-right-wing neocon nazi wannabe? If so, then I shouldn't
_have_ to pay you to hate me! ;-D

Cheers!
Rich

Richard The Dreaded Libertarian

Jun 20, 2006, 2:21:14 PM6/20/06

Relative to what?

Thanks,
Rich

Richard The Dreaded Libertarian

Jun 20, 2006, 2:22:08 PM6/20/06
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:51:18 +0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
> John Fields wrote:

>> >Well, John F and Michael A T hate me - anyboey else want to reinforce this
>> >impeccable endorsement? :-D
>>
>> You think too highly of yourself, Rich.
>
> Hate him? Hell I barely pitty him.

Do you mean "pity"? That's OK, Michael, I kind of pity you too. )-;

Thanks,
Rich