through hole on PCB being represented on the schematic

ssylee

Oct 17, 2007, 1:22:40 PM10/17/07
Does anyone know how to insert a symbol that connects to an i/o pinout
(which also compiles to a single through-hole pinout) on the schematic
editor in Altium Designer 6? Thanks.

Peter Bennett

Oct 17, 2007, 4:15:18 PM10/17/07
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:22:40 -0000, ssylee <stani...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone know how to insert a symbol that connects to an i/o pinout
>(which also compiles to a single through-hole pinout) on the schematic
>editor in Altium Designer 6? Thanks.

Do you mean you want a 1 pin component on schematic to represent a pad
with plated hole on the board?

I made a schematic part with a single pin - possibly I just placed a
pin-with-circle in the sch library editor. In the PCB library, I mad
a component consisting of a single pad, and used that as the footprint
for the one-pin schematic part.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

TT_Man

Oct 17, 2007, 4:16:38 PM10/17/07

"ssylee" <stani...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know how to insert a symbol that connects to an i/o pinout
> (which also compiles to a single through-hole pinout) on the schematic
> editor in Altium Designer 6? Thanks.

Use a testpoint in schematic and pcb library. Result is 1 pad pth.

Marra

Oct 22, 2007, 6:13:23 PM10/22/07

Surely it is irrelevant at schematic stage ?

Its only when you get to the PCB stage that its important.
The component yo uare using should have multi layer pads.

www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad28.htm

Joel Koltner

Oct 23, 2007, 1:14:19 PM10/23/07
"Marra" <cresswe...@talktalk.net> wrote in message
> www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad28.htm

Those are quite the monster resistor symbols you have there!

JeffM

Oct 23, 2007, 3:21:50 PM10/23/07
(was: through hole on PCB being represented on the schematic)

Joel Koltner wrote:
>Those are quite the monster resistor symbols you have there!

For those with a curiosity about this vendor "Marra"
(aka Wrighty aka Nigel Wright aka nigelwright7557 aka ianbowskill2),
lately, his spamming has become a more cunning stunt
but, in fact, he only shows up to spam and he is still astroturfing
http://www.google.com/search?q=define:astroturfing
...and his ethics were clearly displayed long ago.
**KNOW YOUR VENDOR**
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.electronics.design/browse_frm/thread/07faedb5000ef8c1/70f06e9f2863598f?q=*-pictures.of-his-ass+Yahoogroup+zz+nigelwright7557+ianbowskill2+*-did-the-same-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*+*-*-guess-how-he'd-respond-to-a-bug-report-or-request-for-assistance-*-*-*+*-*-*-*-unaffilliated-*-*+spammed

Brad Velander

Oct 24, 2007, 12:17:14 AM10/24/07
You guys are funny!
I almost commented, "It takes a computer to create such god awful ugly
schematics?" I thought I had seen some ugly schematics come out of CAD
systems (PADs Logic comes to mind right off the top of my head) but I have a
new Hall of Flame entry now.

--
Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

"JeffM" <jef...@email.com> wrote in message

Marra

Oct 25, 2007, 8:38:53 PM10/25/07
On 23 Oct, 18:14, "Joel Koltner" <JKolstad71HatesS...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> "Marra" <cresswellave...@talktalk.net> wrote in message

> >www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad28.htm
>
> Those are quite the monster resistor symbols you have there!

I like plenty of room to add resistor value and wattage !
A simple value is meaningless.

www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad28.htm

Marra

Oct 25, 2007, 8:39:40 PM10/25/07
On 24 Oct, 05:17, "Brad Velander" <bvel...@SpamThis.com> wrote:
> You guys are funny!
> I almost commented, "It takes a computer to create such god awful ugly
> schematics?" I thought I had seen some ugly schematics come out of CAD
> systems (PADs Logic comes to mind right off the top of my head) but I have a
> new Hall of Flame entry now.
>
> --

I like the schematics, very clean and plenty opf room for adding extra
information.

www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad28.htm