Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Launch of CryptoDox

閲覧: 0 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Anuj

未読、
2005/12/21 13:36:362005/12/21
To:
<Shameless Publicity>

I have started a new initiative named CryptoDox -
http://www.cryptodox.com. This is a wiki-based project which aims to
build an encyclopedia on cryptography.

Do visit the website whenever you get the time. Don't forget to
bookmark it!

The project has been launched on 21-Dec-2005. Its still very early days
for the project, and all your help is required in making this a
success.

</Shameless Publicity>

Thanks & Regards,
Anuj

Webmaster - CryptoDox

David Wagner

未読、
2005/12/21 13:41:142005/12/21
Anuj wrote:
>I have started a new initiative named CryptoDox -
>http://www.cryptodox.com. This is a wiki-based project which aims to
>build an encyclopedia on cryptography.

Can you say why? Wikipedia already has a good deal of material; I would
have thought it would make more sense to build on what they have. Is there
some reason that is a poor choice? How does it serve people to fragment
this material across multiple sites?

Paul Rubin

未読、
2005/12/21 16:09:462005/12/21
To:
"Anuj" <anuj...@gmail.com> writes:
> I have started a new initiative named CryptoDox -
> http://www.cryptodox.com. This is a wiki-based project which aims to
> build an encyclopedia on cryptography.

Why? Wikipedia has lots of good cryptography articles and is getting
new ones all the time.

Dennis Knorr

未読、
2005/12/22 13:02:492005/12/22
To:
Paul Rubin schrieb:

> Why? Wikipedia has lots of good cryptography articles and is getting
> new ones all the time.

Perhaps, because you can present the information more detailed, than on
a general encyclopedia? So much details, as they don't want at
wikipedia? e.g. there isn't place in a wikipedia for explaining
different cryptanalysis in theory and practice.
:)
just my 3 cent

Paul Rubin

未読、
2005/12/22 16:22:482005/12/22
To:
Dennis Knorr <the...@gmx.de> writes:
> Perhaps, because you can present the information more detailed, than
> on a general encyclopedia? So much details, as they don't want at
> wikipedia? e.g. there isn't place in a wikipedia for explaining
> different cryptanalysis in theory and practice.

I'm sure such an explanation would be welcome there, if you care to
write one.

Twittering One

未読、
2005/12/24 15:02:272005/12/24
To:
"Somewhere near, almost anywhere,
Near you,
Near me,
Someone's alone,

Home alone crying on Christmas Eve,
Holding less, hoping more,
Hobbling along more hopelessly

Each day than the day
Before

Whether on The Island of Manhattan,
The Disenchanted Forest, or anywhere
Else

Than either you or I."
~ Twittering

"Bits of typographic
Poetry for spammers to include in their massed greetings."
~ Raving

"Or magnify
Joy

If taught
Methodology

A way to will
A living smile, or bite to eat,

Or warm bed,
Home to rest,

Another's shoulder
To rest one's head upon

If impoverished, forlorn,
Mourning Christmas Eve

Or year round."
~ Twittering

"Origami Infamy ~
O Bridge of Sighs ...

Sparkle eyes, unfold splendors henceforth
Before note's arrival,

Sound's decay
To say, to stay, O, not to betray

Today
Or narrow margin of morrow.

If history forgotten
Quill knots

Blood red spattered ink.
May thought link

Your Golden Chain
Of being,

Your rungs to climb,
Your changes to be sung,
Your words to rhyme,

May deed
Dare answer need.

Love. Swaddle. Feed.
For today, a Babe is borne ~

A Flying Pig ~ !"
~ Folly

~ * ~
Blog, I'll warrant ye, or dog? Who knows. Pass the grog!
But if ye see me lost pup, please bring that scurvy dog home!
I got Leon a brand-new bone, with a chest full a' booty.
_________________
http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo

sandyi...@gmail.com

未読、
2005/12/26 6:01:112005/12/26
To:
One good reason for doing this might be to avoid censorship. Wikipedia
is not currently accessible from China, for example. Of course, there's
nothing to stop them censoring you too.

There are lots of starting points already on the web. For example, this
glossary:
http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-2.06/doc/glossary.html

has a fair bit of stuff and links to lots more. The whole document
suite there is
GPL licensed so you can copy it quite freely.

Luc The Perverse

未読、
2005/12/26 13:42:302005/12/26
To:
<sandyi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

People in China live in oppression. It has little to do with getting around
the system, if they want freedom they need to find a way to leave the
country.

--
LTP

:)

tomst...@gmail.com

未読、
2005/12/27 0:01:592005/12/27
To:
Luc The Perverse wrote:
> People in China live in oppression. It has little to do with getting around
> the system, if they want freedom they need to find a way to leave the
> country.

With all due respect that's not the solution.

A billion chinese people in Canada [or USA] with the same social values
and way of thinking will not a democratic and free state make.

That said, we got our own problems here in Canada [same for the USA].
Not like we need to import more troubled people.

The solution to most [not all] problems is the realization that the
aquisition of material and intangible wealth is not the only purpose in
life. Look around you and try and rationalize the way the world works
without coming to the conclusion "it makes someone *more* profitable".

Imagine if Walmart paid $18/hr instead of $5/hr.

Imagine if the factories in China, Hunduras and the dozens of other
nations paid at least a livable minimum wage...

etc...

Sorry for ranting but I don't think the "bring us your tired, ..." line
works in 2005 [... almost 2006]. Importing 65 yr old chinese elders
who are "fleeing" their nation doesn't make Canada strong and only
makes it harder for me to find an affordable living condition.

/rant

Tom

Luc The Perverse

未読、
2005/12/27 1:00:582005/12/27
To:
<tomst...@gmail.com> wrote in message

You are right. My appologies.

People will accept freedom though - they want it, they are just held back.

China more than many places has the possibility to have a great thriving
economy - communism is slowing them down. But still - I believe that in
general knowledge and freedom is more important than money. (Certain
situations would seem otherwise)

--
LTP

:)

Jan Panteltje

未読、
2005/12/27 7:27:592005/12/27
To:
On a sunny day (Mon, 26 Dec 2005 23:00:58 -0700) it happened "Luc The
Perverse" <sll_noSpamli...@cc.usu.edu> wrote in
<43b0d89e$0$7767$3a2e...@news.csolutions.net>:

>> Sorry for ranting but I don't think the "bring us your tired, ..." line
>> works in 2005 [... almost 2006]. Importing 65 yr old chinese elders
>> who are "fleeing" their nation doesn't make Canada strong and only
>> makes it harder for me to find an affordable living condition.
>

>You are right. My appologies.
>
>People will accept freedom though - they want it, they are just held back.
>
>China more than many places has the possibility to have a great thriving
>economy - communism is slowing them down. But still - I believe that in
>general knowledge and freedom is more important than money. (Certain
>situations would seem otherwise)

I think you have to go one step beyond that, not knowledge and freedom,
but HAPPINESS is the basic need (after food, water and shelter).
As neither communism nor capitalism (or any other -ism-) is focused on that,
a 'system' as such is no solution.
As happiness is a state of being (state of mind), the whole issue is how to
find that.
As (for example) Jesus pointed out: 'The kingdom of heaven is within'.
So introspection, meditation...
That is why we see happy and unhappy people in all systems.
Do not confuse this with religion, religion is the capitalist way of
cashing in on illusion (you will finally be happy in heaven if you serve
this club their way), while meditation (the introspection) allows you to
find the true source of happiness right here and now, and then it is up
to you to go for that.
Few will, few will understand, few will go that path.
So like the bug that only lives one day, a large part of humanity will live
their life with the ups and down --blaming the ups and downs on the system
they happen to be in--, this also is capitalized on by capitalism:
'this car will make you happier, this toothpaste', what not.
So, there is humanities destiny? A design fault?
Well the dinos had the design fault that they were too big and heavy at one
point and stopped existing.
When (not if) humanity goes dinos way, it will more be a proof of the simple
fact that 'you need to be happy NOW' for your life to make sense.

David Eather

未読、
2005/12/27 8:49:422005/12/27

Have to disagree with the

start JP

"religion is the capitalist way of
> cashing in on illusion (you will finally be happy in heaven if you serve
> this club their way), while meditation (the introspection) allows you to
> find the true source of happiness right here and now, and then it is up
> to you to go for that.

end JP

The need or belief of someone or something greater than the individual
has followed man in every age in every culture - this has happened
because something inside us tells us that this is important.

Yes there have been religious groups and churches where exploitation is
a large part of the game plan - but that does not extend to all and
probably not even the majority.

I agree with Epicure that an uninspected life is of little value
(Epicure maintained "of no value")but any philosophy based on self
gratification without accountability is deceitful, without purpose and dead.

After your right-of-reply if this is to continue it should go to e-mail

Matt

未読、
2005/12/31 15:45:362005/12/31
Anuj wrote:
> I have started a new initiative named CryptoDox -
> http://www.cryptodox.com. This is a wiki-based project which aims to
> build an encyclopedia on cryptography.

This seems to be the same goal, and the same method, as the Crypto
Project on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Cryptography

-- Matt

メッセージは削除されました